4.90 star(s) 106 Votes

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
ooooh boy XD. that sure would give a big smile to all the hanako lovers (i assume it was in her route, right?). it's quite a shame they didn't put it in the final version :/.
Yes it is supposed to be but you must access it through the "Select Act" screen for its not connected then select Hanako's True and select act 4.

It says it should have been connected to Lilly's story but I did not play that route yet.

Reactions: Daxter250

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Yes it is supposed to be but you must access it through the "Select Act" screen for its not connected then select Hanako's True and select act 4.

It says it should have been connected to Lilly's story but I did not play that route yet.
all this talking about those alpha content that never got to the final game gives me re 2 vibes ^^.

coll stuff indeed you found out mate. before reading it here i didn't even know about those alpha stuff. what i know however is, that when the game got released in japan it got a lot of attention due to the title. katawa shoujo actually means crippled girl, which is some kind of a "curse word" in japan. i think it even got a prize or a nomination when it came out.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
all this talking about those alpha content that never got to the final game gives me re 2 vibes ^^.

coll stuff indeed you found out mate. before reading it here i didn't even know about those alpha stuff. what i know however is, that when the game got released in japan it got a lot of attention due to the title. katawa shoujo actually means crippled girl, which is some kind of a "curse word" in japan. i think it even got a prize or a nomination when it came out.
After playing some more in the "Katawa Shoujo Pre-alpha Repair + Lily Patch" you are able to go either Lilly's or Hanako's route.

Emi's story is broken and will switch over to Lilly's in the "Katawa Shoujo Pre-alpha Repair + Lily Patch" pre-alpha version.

I will now go do Rin's story, Shizune even when you get the good ending you will feel sad I will have to replay it to see if there is a bad ending to her story.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
After playing some more in the "Katawa Shoujo Pre-alpha Repair + Lily Patch" you are able to go either Lilly's or Hanako's route.

Emi's story is broken and will switch over to Lilly's in the "Katawa Shoujo Pre-alpha Repair + Lily Patch" pre-alpha version.

I will now go do Rin's story, Shizune even when you get the good ending you will feel sad I will have to replay it to see if there is a bad ending to her story.
i wish ya the most fun for it ^^.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
ofc ^^. still, poor girl. no wonder they didn't implement it in the finished game. it would break too many fragile vn fan hearts XD.
Her story still breaks my hart in the finish version.
The only girl that does not make me tear up or breaks my hart is Shizune.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Her story still breaks my hart in the finish version.
The only girl that does not make me tear up or breaks my hart is Shizune.
that's the girl who can't speak and is deaf right? sry, played that game years ago so i just know pieces of it anymore XD. she was too bossy for me. that quarrel she always had with lilly was also something i disliked.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
that's the girl who can't speak and is deaf right? sry, played that game years ago so i just know pieces of it anymore XD. she was too bossy for me. that quarrel she always had with lilly was also something i disliked.
Yes that is Shizune.

Rin story is very different in the convo's and how they get to each point in the game and you can understand her more in the pre-alpha, I have just pass the masturbation scene.
All scenes are still in the game but getting to them convo wise is very different and you are able to understand Rin more.
Instead of taken the teachers car they take the bus instead, little things like this is different but not many of these are in the game.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Finale update for the "Katawa Shoujo Pre-alpha Repair + Lily Patch" pre-alpha version.

Rin's story is different in the convo's but all of the acts are there, her good ending starting just before she collapse at the art store to the end is the same as the finish version.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Since this was somewhat hard to find I will post the link here.
@TCMS maybe this link could go on the 1st post?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Miso Soup Recipes

After playing this VN and having Miso Soup mention so many times I just had to try it.
When I was a kid back in the 1960's we went to Okinawa and this is one of the taste I remember from there, so I thought I would try to make it myself with this recipe "15-MINUTE MISO SOUP WITH GREENS AND TOFU" and I loved it.

Anyone else have any other recipes or ingredients they would recommend for this great soup?

Ingredients:
4 cups water
1/2 cup chopped green chard or other sturdy green
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup firm tofu, cubed
3-4 Tbsp white miso paste (fermented soy bean paste) with or without bonito (fish flavor, though bonito makes it non vegan- vegetarian-friendly.)
optional: 1 sheet (1/4 cup) nori (dried seaweed), cut into large rectangles
Instructions:
Place water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a low simmer.
Add nori and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
In the meantime, place 3 Tbsp of miso into a small bowl, add a little hot water and whisk until smooth. This will ensure it doesn’t clump. Set aside.

Add green chard, green onion, and tofu to the pot and cook for 5 minutes. Then remove from heat, add miso mixture, and stir to combine.

Taste and add more miso or a pinch of sea salt if desired. Serve warm. Best when fresh.

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
Just wondering can we add Fruit of Grisaia to similar threads at the bottom of this page. I really enjoyed both games and feel like both are quite similar in a way. In fact when I first saw it I got the feels just because of how much it reminded me of katawa shoujo. In fact part of the reason I got wineskin was to play Fruit of Grisaia.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Gotta say - I first got into this on the initial alpha release and went through all iterations until the final. Loved it (posted some walkthrough charts early in the thread). But - want to add for those of you wanting something similar, the english based (Ramen Prince) - ESPecially for the food references. It has that slice of life regular feel that makes it all the more real, in my opinion...

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
Thanks I played Ramen Prince but I have to say I felt like it was quite lacking in story and content. Furthermore the character needed more time to develop. Its fine as a short story but I found it hard to get attached or relate to the characters Fruit of Grisaia (finished my first route last week) was much better for me though I have yet to finish it or Katawa Shoujo (been nearly two years since my first route) due to the feels I get when every I open the app.

4.90 star(s) 106 Votes