WetMelonPlay

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
yeah. could be.
but oddly I'm (I think) on Archie-path. I try to be loyal to him.
I play quite conservative, I like my girl to have morals (as much possible, that doesn't mean I don't like corruption and flirts)
but some creeps I push away.
but as u say ashitanojoe/SonsOfLiberty it seems that if I decline someone it leads to something else that maybe its not much better.
anyway, my "path" right now lead to a rape and some b@stard hit her face. wtf? and after that lesbian (that I don't mind, but I don't get any choices, even if I rejected all girls that try to be touchy)
There should be a branch like this. And I've been testing it. Maybe I missed something somewhere. I'll check it out. Thank you for your comments.

Truth5eekker

Nov 26, 2020
yeah. could be.
but oddly I'm (I think) on Archie-path. I try to be loyal to him.
I play quite conservative, I like my girl to have morals (as much possible, that doesn't mean I don't like corruption and flirts)
but some creeps I push away.
but as u say ashitanojoe/SonsOfLiberty it seems that if I decline someone it leads to something else that maybe its not much better.
anyway, my "path" right now lead to a rape and some b@stard hit her face. wtf? and after that lesbian (that I don't mind, but I don't get any choices, even if I rejected all girls that try to be touchy)
im interested with whom you will get this first scene? What choices are needed for this branch? Do you need to reject Dennis or Paul?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I actually dont remember. my memory suck.
I just used the .sav of this update. but I have rejected almost everyone.

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Either my saves from the previous version are broken or there was pretty much bugger all in this update, she wakes up the next morning after the BJ at the hotel then it basically just jumps ahead to day 27 and she's at work, talks to people on the phone then that's pretty much it, so am I missing something?

KarokaKOHORT

Jun 16, 2018
Either my saves from the previous version are broken or there was pretty much bugger all in this update, she wakes up the next morning after the BJ at the hotel then it basically just jumps ahead to day 27 and she's at work, talks to people on the phone then that's pretty much it, so am I missing something?
Rather not saves issue, I had none - or rather, those from before this update are in "roaming/renpy/kate2eng" folder, while newest version created separate "kate2" one, so they didn't show when I launched the game. I played it from beginning and have same result when on Denis path. Curiously, the scene between Denis and Lisa on Day 26 also didn't play, but it does so when I reject drinking with Denis and after 3 errors for "Sayer [something russian] is not defined".

Oh, and I also didn't have phone messages, only white lines, as reported by others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobber Tail

cloudstrife

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Rather not saves issue, I had none - or rather, those from before this update are in "roaming/renpy/kate2eng" folder, while newest version created separate "kate2" one, so they didn't show when I launched the game. I played it from beginning and have same result when on Denis path. Curiously, the scene between Denis and Lisa on Day 26 also didn't play, but it does so when I reject drinking with Denis and after 3 errors for "Sayer [something russian] is not defined".
Just seems like it's having more and more bugs then

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
I'm getting the white bar with app messages, and now freezing temporarily when it shows. Using Win 11 with old save.

xert13

Sep 24, 2023
As others said, seems buggy as Hell and, at least for me, no new content after BJ in hotel. None of my saves were there, so started from beginning. What was new?

Jan 13, 2021
I dont know what really happened to the 2nd Season of "Kate". I mean, look at Season 1. It has its up and downs, but under the line it was a really good game. You had a lot of Choices, no forced content, the Characters were believable and after a few bumbs at the very beginning, you had a nice story. Now, with Season 2, it seems that everything went South. Kate, as the Main Character, is totally acting out of Character. The Story makes less and less sense. You have forced Sex Scenes (almost rape and/or Lesbian Sex) and a lot of missing context, if you try to deny a (possible) LI. There is a lot of unfinished content (for eg. if you don t want to got on Harrys 2nd Date). You have sexual harrasment (in the Cafe) out of the Blue and lesbian Sex if you try to stay on the faithful girlfriend Route (at the beginning). Why is it not left up to the player to decide who they want to have a romantic/sexual relationship with? In my Gameplay Kate is NOT a Lesbian and had never the urge to feel up Woman. Just like she was in Season 1. I understand and respect the Dev`s Choice to fill up the Game with hot and steamy Scenes....but please....give us Players back the Control of Kate and use a little bit more of Kate Character traits from Season 1. I want to make it clear that I have nothing against lesbian/straight sex in a VN, I just don't like being forced into it. :confused:

Reactions: Pogo123

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
I dont know what really happened to the 2nd Season of "Kate". I mean, look at Season 1. It has its up and downs, but under the line it was a really good game. You had a lot of Choices, no forced content, the Characters were believable and after a few bumbs at the very beginning, you had a nice story. Now, with Season 2, it seems that everything went South. Kate, as the Main Character, is totally acting out of Character. The Story makes less and less sense. You have forced Sex Scenes (almost rape and/or Lesbian Sex) and a lot of missing context, if you try to deny a (possible) LI. There is a lot of unfinished content (for eg. if you don t want to got on Harrys 2nd Date). You have sexual harrasment (in the Cafe) out of the Blue and lesbian Sex if you try to stay on the faithful girlfriend Route (at the beginning). Why is it not left up to the player to decide who they want to have a romantic/sexual relationship with? In my Gameplay Kate is NOT a Lesbian and had never the urge to feel up Woman. Just like she was in Season 1. I understand and respect the Dev`s Choice to fill up the Game with hot and steamy Scenes....but please....give us Players back the Control of Kate and use a little bit more of Kate Character traits from Season 1. I want to make it clear that I have nothing against lesbian/straight sex in a VN, I just don't like being forced into it. :confused:
Heh...opposite on her preferred gender. After her idiot ex...fickwit goon harry....mine taking a sabatical from men and finding comfort in the fairer sex ;) Not so easy unfortunately.

I agree, this started out so well, currently it's a whirlwind of strange plot, bad coding and dubious decisions.

Reactions: StrawberryCheese83

slavegal

Apr 17, 2020
I thought it was unfair for players to give this game a 3-star until later when I knew I would give even less despite the fantastic art.

Overall story: Well, it can barely be called a story, and the whole plot is just a bland diary. Separated paths (with different NPCs) are presented randomly, and you would never really pay attention to them because every one of these paths is a distraction from the rest. At the end of the day, I wonder what story the developers want to tell on earth.

I can't pretend as if the story really bothers me in this case; I am totally OK with devs only using them as a mindset for sexual events in lewd games. However, devs make most sexual events an unmitigated frustration: the MC gets cold feet mostly at the last minute except a few times with her boyfriend. So, players would see very few "sexual events" literally despite it being season 2. Most sexual scenes are limited to "harassment", such as groping. Let me give you an example of how devs intentionally hang players there at the last minute

The last scene of season one was a swinger party of two couples:
1, they literally exchanged the partners(teasing)
2, they fully stripped off(teasing)
3, they had a full foreplay(teasing)
4, they kissed(teasing)
5, they all got exorbitant horny(teasing)
6, MC was dripping wet(teasing)
7, MC's vagina got rubbed by the penis of her exchanged sex partner(still teasing)
8, Both females got literally penetrated(oh, finally...or not?)
.....then

MC suddenly got cold feet: IT IS SO WRONG. LET'S STOP IT! Then? Then they go home(WTH ?!)

This is a typical example of how devs senselessly kill the mood. Similar scenes are everywhere in the game; devs let you think there will be a lewd scene, then cancel it brutally, for what?

I doubt the point of such an arrangement. If the devs want a slow-burn story, they could spend more time building up the MC's mindset and storyline instead of endlessly "teasing" and then revoking it at the last minute. Otherwise, it just doesn't make any sense that the MC hasn't gotten a real "penetration" by anyone besides her boyfriend by now (as if devs give players a loyal girlfriend path...MC has no choice but to become a slut, still devs refuse to present us the consequences of being slutty Kate)

Mentally and physically, what happens in the scene mentioned above is unrealistic, and it makes the bland story even more absurd. If girls don't want that to happen, they definitely won't go that far. To women, having a penis in our bodies for one second is NOT distinct from having full sex, morally, let alone it is a consenting and willingly swinging party.

Last edited:

Kitiuuu

Sep 14, 2023
here I have a question in the steam the name of the game is different and here is another name or in the steam your game is different

neronx

May 18, 2021
I played version 4.1 a few days ago
Version 4.2 came very soon
Is there any new content in it compared to 4.1

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
I'm getting the white bar with app messages, and now freezing temporarily when it shows. Using Win 11 with old save.
Same problems with the white bar, no freeze until now, I guess there should be a phone message window and the gui is effed up? New save - win10, 2k res.

3.40 star(s) 29 Votes