TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
Nice to see this being posted here.

I have a few questions. Is there a way to adjust the amount of time you can take for each prompt, is there a way of changing the amount of hearts you start with and is there a way of changing the amount of bug things (like the caterpillars and lady bugs) you can get?

I've already played through it a few times on milovana and tried tinkering with it there but I wasn't able to find the right values to change.

TeckXChaos

Feb 15, 2018
What sort of mind control is in this, and how prominent is it? The description makes it sound like it's the girls trying to mind control you, but do you get to turn it around on them or something?

Edit: Also, is there an easy mode or something? I have poor fine motor skills, and I'd hate to miss out on something otherwise fun just because I can't type fast.
There are specific encounters where girls try to mind control you. There is no way to turn it around on them. You can attempt to resist, but giving in leads to different scenes playing out, different typing prompts, etc.. Once you hit Hypno Slave levels of mind controlled you're reduced back down to Docile though and you lose a life. Notably the house, the sports field, and the haunted house all have mind control scenes. Depending on your definition, there are also scenes of vampiric control and possession that could qualify as mind altering.

No easy mode either I'm afraid without going through and editing the game. Though the good news is that levels 4 and 5 are so impossibly hard that even if you have perfect fine motor skills, you'll still lose, so we're all in this together.

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
No easy mode either I'm afraid without going through and editing the game. Though the good news is that levels 4 and 5 are so impossibly hard that even if you have perfect fine motor skills, you'll still lose, so we're all in this together.
Just wait for the clock to tick down to one second before entering every prompt and it's pretty easy.

Game could definitely use difficulty settings, level select, an option to disable adaptive difficulty and maybe some tweaks to how game overs work (sometimes scenes will get cut off in the middle because of too high corruption). Otherwise it's pretty fun though.

Reactions: Magazif and TrickyL

qwsaq

Feb 2, 2020
I had no problem beating this game on my first go (lost 1 heart) and my typing speed isn't that great. Git gud, scrubs.
The speed only increases if you type the prompt without typos. Mess up one or two letters and you'll still do 2 points of damage per turn and still have like 10 seconds to type the prompts when you reach the final boss.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Inability to change audio volume especially at the start feels really bad.

Oh if you want a new engine to try out, maybe look at Godot.

Last edited:

shivan

Jun 22, 2018
Later on some levels are kinda hard, not impossible but very hard, If you want to cheat a bit just CTRL + C and CTRL + V copy and paste and gg

EDIT: you need to wait some seconds before paste or the game got you and install ultimate mega virus

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Ok here comes a doozy of a reply post:
If you meant be, you are very welcome!
So stalling out until the last second makes the game very doable, even if you crit every single hit. By the last boss I had ~6 seconds per prompt instead of 1 second per prompt, which is a world of difference.

So I think I understand what most of the status effects you can get do, but not Possession. Does anyone know what scenes that's applied in once you have it and what it does? Well, it probably leads to another heart loss if it's anything like every other status effect.
I guess you made me realize how many status affects are essentially a heart loss. Possession currently only also leads to a heart loss after a unique scene.
Can someone try to explain me why defender detects trojan ?
In the past, people thinking the way it takes the online tease and rips it to offline is pretty suspicious and at least one of them reported it for certain trojans which makes defender go crazy. I have been told by people who have poured over each line of the code that it does not have anything malicious. However, if you think the risk is too great, feel free to play it on the online link which is up to date.
there are no images showing at all is this a bug?
Sounds like a pretty serious bug, do you have any more details? I would suggest downloading from a different mirror to see how that fares.
What sort of mind control is in this, and how prominent is it? The description makes it sound like it's the girls trying to mind control you, but do you get to turn it around on them or something?

Edit: Also, is there an easy mode or something? I have poor fine motor skills, and I'd hate to miss out on something otherwise fun just because I can't type fast.
Something that was very important to me was having an auto-adjusting difficulty instead of selectable difficulty levels. The issue is that this auto-adjusting is not communicated well enough and doesn't work as well as I would like. The main things are in later rounds to submit things slightly off and make sure level 3 and beyond to wait to submit your prompt until right before the timer runs out. You should see a massive change in difficulty. Also please note the free hacks that were shared in page 1 to get you started.
I've known about this game but never saw this clip. I actually laughed out loud a few times.
Nice to see this being posted here.

I have a few questions. Is there a way to adjust the amount of time you can take for each prompt, is there a way of changing the amount of hearts you start with and is there a way of changing the amount of bug things (like the caterpillars and lady bugs) you can get?

I've already played through it a few times on milovana and tried tinkering with it there but I wasn't able to find the right values to change.
Not really, the max time you can start with is 20 sec and most of the initial encounters will go up to that much anyways and adjust from there. The starting values can be adjusted in the json file but tinkering there is a bit dangerous. I don't think the way it is set up allows for hearts to change.
b1- caterpillar
b2 - ladybug
b3 - bee
b4 - spider

Finding hacks will do a lot of the things you want.

I had no problem beating this game on my first go (lost 1 heart) and my typing speed isn't that great. Git gud, scrubs.
The speed only increases if you type the prompt without typos. Mess up one or two letters and you'll still do 2 points of damage per turn and still have like 10 seconds to type the prompts when you reach the final boss.
I'm glad it worked out for you but even I find a big variation in difficulty from playthrough to playthrough.
Inability to change audio volume especially at the start feels really bad.

Oh if you want a new engine to try out, maybe look at Godot.
It will remember your audio options from one play to the next. If that is not good enough I would like to hear more about your suggestion. This isn't something Milovana was designed to do and I'm proud of having volume controls at all that don't flood the player with options right out of the gate.

I actually plan to use Godot if I ever make a third project and have someone who volunteered to help me! It will be nothing like my first 2 projects.
Later on some levels are kinda hard, not impossible but very hard, If you want to cheat a bit just CTRL + C and CTRL + V copy and paste and gg

EDIT: you need to wait some seconds before paste or the game got you and install ultimate mega virus
Unless I broke something, normal encounters should catch you copy pasting about half the time and bosses should catch it nearly every time. Taking time to submit will help on the timer end but it shouldn't be affecting the cheat detection. But yeah, copy pasting is a risky way to play that is valid and a great way to face the ghost encounter. There is even a legendary hack in the patreon version that helps you avoid cheat detection.
stuck on loading script :cautious:
Were you able to get that cleared up by opening the Start Keystroke.bat? Let me know if not!

TeckXChaos

Feb 15, 2018
I think the two biggest features I'd want right now are:
1) No timer loss based on how quickly you submit / No adaptive difficulty, the game is pretty well balanced without it currently
2) No timer mode, just a nice little accessibility mode or a mode for when you just want to casually play

The game is already great, but that'd bump it even higher.

repesorsa

Sep 14, 2021
I urge you to reconsider the adaptive difficulty. It's a concept that sounds great on paper but in practice is extremely sensitive to whether it's tuned just right, and once the player learns about it, hitting any roadblock suddenly makes you feel stupid because you know you brought it upon yourself, and progressing becomes about manipulating the algorithm. Your game in particular has two things working against it:

* There's no subtlety to the difficulty, the adjustment is entirely one-dimensional and almost binary (only almost thanks to the mechanic of rewarding almost-correct inputs). The results are binary too, you don't get rewarded for staying on a higher difficulty, it only means you're making it harder to progress.
* Let's be real, nobody found this because of the typing game part. It's nice and all and not being the primary draw doesn't mean I couldn't enjoy it, but the moment it gets frustrating, it starts looking less like a game and more like a barrier to be circumvented between me and the content I want to see.

My experience with the game was I played straightforwardly the first time around and right away ran into ridiculously tight timers and found out about the adaptive difficulty. On the second go I started deliberately waiting on the prompts, deliberately making mistakes (leaving out the last character is a pretty safe and consistent one), and deliberately running out the timer with empty input whenever the timer started getting tight. At which point, why are we even doing this?

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
Ok so a few things, this is quite fun but a few issues.

First I often loose in real short timed request because you are not in the typing box after "double clicking". This is an issue cause when you are in a hurry you sometime miss click in it (It already makes you loose time to have to click in) but then start to type in nothing :/

Second I was wondering, wouldn't it be possible to keep the girls pics clean, i mean without the bugs and add an alpha mask on it? It might lower a bit the file size of the game, you wouldn't need to pic, one clean and one with the bugs, but the pic and a PNG mask whith would be lighter and could be used for multiple girls?

Also wanted to ask, are the hack always working? I have one supposed to reduce the integrity but i don't feel like it's really working.

Reactions: indyc

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
I think the two biggest features I'd want right now are:
1) No timer loss based on how quickly you submit / No adaptive difficulty, the game is pretty well balanced without it currently
2) No timer mode, just a nice little accessibility mode or a mode for when you just want to casually play

The game is already great, but that'd bump it even higher.
1) While it might be balanced for you that doesn't mean it would be balanced for everyone else and phones. Before having it adapt it was nearly unplayable by most on the phone or too easy for desktop. I also was heavily trying to avoid a separate "phone mode" that could be exploited by keyboard users.
2) I think you actually just inspired me to make a casual mode that doesn't have a timer but also doesn't give out any hacks.

I urge you to reconsider the adaptive difficulty. It's a concept that sounds great on paper but in practice is extremely sensitive to whether it's tuned just right, and once the player learns about it, hitting any roadblock suddenly makes you feel stupid because you know you brought it upon yourself, and progressing becomes about manipulating the algorithm. Your game in particular has two things working against it:

* There's no subtlety to the difficulty, the adjustment is entirely one-dimensional and almost binary (only almost thanks to the mechanic of rewarding almost-correct inputs). The results are binary too, you don't get rewarded for staying on a higher difficulty, it only means you're making it harder to progress.
* Let's be real, nobody found this because of the typing game part. It's nice and all and not being the primary draw doesn't mean I couldn't enjoy it, but the moment it gets frustrating, it starts looking less like a game and more like a barrier to be circumvented between me and the content I want to see.

My experience with the game was I played straightforwardly the first time around and right away ran into ridiculously tight timers and found out about the adaptive difficulty. On the second go I started deliberately waiting on the prompts, deliberately making mistakes (leaving out the last character is a pretty safe and consistent one), and deliberately running out the timer with empty input whenever the timer started getting tight. At which point, why are we even doing this?
I am definitely reconsidering it and understand every pain point you mentioned. I'm not happy with it's current form and it is possible that I might not be able to ever "tune" it just right. However, for now I am still going to prioritize work on it to try to see if I can make it work before giving up on it entirely.

The current "workaround" to slowing the prompts is not the way I want it to be, it is simply the way it is for version 1.0 until I improve it (and need coding help to do so). Thanks so much for expanding on the emotion behind the concern, always helps be really fix the root cause!

First I often loose in real short timed request because you are not in the typing box after "double clicking". This is an issue cause when you are in a hurry you sometime miss click in it (It already makes you loose time to have to click in) but then start to type in nothing :/

Second I was wondering, wouldn't it be possible to keep the girls pics clean, i mean without the bugs and add an alpha mask on it? It might lower a bit the file size of the game, you wouldn't need to pic, one clean and one with the bugs, but the pic and a PNG mask whith would be lighter and could be used for multiple girls?

Also wanted to ask, are the hack always working? I have one supposed to reduce the integrity but i don't feel like it's really working.
You have no idea how much I hate the click twice thing but it is a limitation of the engine. The tutorial has a section that tries to train how fast the clicks need to be. In the meantime, tab can work after the first click as well.

You hit on yet another major limitation of the engine - it doesn't support png, video, or gif... only jpegs. I had so many plans for how I was going to layer images and will play with that if I ever get something up and running in Godot.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! They would have been perfect in a different engine but hey... at least EOS gave me the confidence to branch out into something else.

All hacks are supposed to be working but if you find one that isn't I'd love to know which one to fix it.

Ashhhhhh

Feb 11, 2022

You can use the ''Clear'' hack to remove any hacked/glitched/dirty pics filters

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes