4.60 star(s) 26 Votes

zombiehunter6

May 3, 2018
Hi everyone i am in a bit of a trouble. There is 2 doors that leads to a room. Unfortunately, i can not figure it out, how can i open at least one of them up.
I tried to make screenshots, but it is not working properly, because it only shows the main page of the game.
Also I have 2 missing gallery scenes: i guess the gecko girl and the fly instructor (I did it so i don't understand, is it a bug?)
Which ver of game?

gpffhah

Jul 28, 2018
Cheat table for Kincaid ("Christmas 2020 hotfix 1"( ) and "Kincaid 2022.11" versions)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

From now on updates will be uploaded in this post and to CEShare
PS If you know how to find address of editable PC position in GMS games, feel free to PM me
PPS If instructions aren't clear, feel free to let me know via PM
Will this still work in Kincaid 2024.03?

Stuffie

Fluffy ears!
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
Alright, let's get this up-to-date! :)

RELEASED: Kincaid 2024.03 Hotfix 1

Hi Space Adventurer!

There is trouble galore in the jungle and Kincaid needs your help more than ever!

Help Tenby with the Bear Necessities

Tenby needs your help! The Brethren Bellow System (short: BBS) is down again and his brother bears are going on a rampage!
Can you help Tenby get the system up and running again? He has a big juicy reward ready for any helping hands!

This wonderful set of illustrations is brought to you by Reydam!

Defeat Kaha and Her Posse

Kaha has been up to no good and it is finally time for her first intermezzo with Kincaid.
Can you stop Kaha and her goons?

Grab it here:

Hotfix Changelog

Fixes:
  • Fixed: Custom input bindings not loading properly
  • Fixed: Infinite dying on reload bug
  • Fixed: Kaha Bossfight sometimes crashing at the start
  • Fixed: Door chime in a room in the ruins after you have already opened the door before
  • Fixed: Game not saving after defeating Kaha
  • Fixed: Some insects aggroing at the start of a level when they shouldn't be able to see Kincaid
  • Fixed: Crawling could interrupt a steep slope slide and you could just crawl back up.
  • Fixed: Some huts in the ruins area had the wrong camera bounds
  • Fixed: Pausing and unpausing in the room with the champion shows the animation and the NPC at the same time
  • Fixed: Some insta-death traps double hitting
  • Fixed: Kincaid can no longer grab ledges at the top of the screen and pull herself out of the level
  • Fixed: A bunch of typos in the new story
  • Fixed: Bear spamming his attack when you hit him in the right moment just before his attack
  • Fixed: Game crashing when you pressed H or J in a second planet preview area
  • Fixed: Love making on the bridge is no longer so floaty
  • Fixed: Some enemies walking out of the room and killing themselves
  • Fixed: Wolf gallery not unlocking sometimes
  • Fixed: Sky Scouts Teacher not unlocking
  • Fixed: Two kobolds at the start of the ruins were missing dialogue
  • Fixed: A bunch of issues with the wall critter
  • Fixed: Bouncing on a defeated slime is less janky
  • Fixed: Some animations could not be interrupted
  • Fixed: Collision greyboxing was visible in some rooms
  • Fixed: Some regression bugs sneaking in during a refactor

Changes:
  • Warning Screen does not exit the game anymore when you press the wrong button
  • Gallery is now split into animations and CG sections and they no longer tie to one another
  • New content has been added to the gallery
  • Added a bunch of more geckos to the levels so they should be more common to encounter
  • Threesome no longer unlocks automatically with the normal animation
  • Elevators in the ruins were annoying to get on to - now they sink a bit into the ground to make it easier to use them.
  • Using flapper outposts now saves the game and sets them as a respawn point
  • Insect enemies are a bit less relentless in their pursuit
  • Added rift that lets you out of the one way trip leading up to the boss fight - Appear after you challenged the boss at least once, weather you win or lose

Hope you have fun with this build!

Cookie & Bunny

Latest update from 17.05.2024:

Devlog - 05/17/2024 - Get a Taste of This

Art Packs
  • NEW
  • NEW

Sketch Packs
  • NEW
  • NEW
  • NEW

Patreon Builds

Hi everyone!

It feels like it has been a little while since I wrote a regular devlog. After the latest release Bunny and I took some time off and soon after we worked on and released a hotfix that addressed some of the issues. Then it was right back to working on new cool stuff!

We also held the Easter Hunt event which was a lot of fun for us and everyone participating! We did a similar Easter Hunt before, but it was a bit easier, so we had a lot of participants for just one commission slot.

Since I am much faster and better at pixel art than I used to be when we started out, we decided to make this year’s hunt way harder and offer three slots. I think that was the right call! We still had a good number of people finding all the kobolds but it was an amount where everyone still had a good chance of grabbing one of the slots.

It was a lot of fun and we want to repeat similar events in the future!

Checked out the recent build yet?

Before I drive into the update stuff, I wanted to point out again that there is a new build!

There are a bunch of new levels, a new CG with a temporary side quest to unlock it and a boss fight!

You can check out the full release post here:

1716583773713.png

Easter Hunt Winners

Thank you again to everyone who participated in this year’s Easter Hunt! We had a real blast with this one... from coming up with the idea, making the characters and hiding them and then reading the chat as people tried to figure out what the poem means and trying to find their way to the illusive orange boi!

Here’s the finished artwork I made for the lucky winners!

1716583793413.png

1716583804073.png

1716583812991.png

Started work on a new lewd animation

I started sketching some ideas for potential lewd animations. I can’t show them here for obvious reasons, but if you’re curious, I created a sketchpack of the best ones I like so far.

You can grab that here:

Corrupted Kobold Variations

If you’ve met Kaha and seen her in action during her recruitment cutscene or the boss fight, you know that she is up to some Really Weird Stuff (tm).

1716583868347.png

Kobold Boss Fight VFX

Some time after Kincaid emerges from the Cisterns, the story will lead her back to the temple area you all know from the demo and the old builds! Obviously we’ll have to redo a bunch of the rooms for it, but the overall theme will stay the same.

At the end of the temple there is a boss fight with a big, big kobold (still playable in the demo). The fight is also going to get a slight revamp and a bunch of the placeholder effects will have to be dialed in.

I started working on that, because my VFX muscles are still warmed up from my work on the Kaha fight!

1716583879993.gif

Ancient Alien Ruins Props

As you know the game is going to take place on multiple planets and the unifying element that binds them together is a race called the Gardeners who terraformed space rocks into garden worlds that are brimming with life.

So at some point in the future I need to have a bunch of props that show this, so it isn’t just a narration-only thing we tell the player.

The challenge is finding a good balance between generic ancient alien artifacts and a unique touch that fits with the “garden” theme of the rest of the world building.

This is very much a work in progress but I thought it is a good time to show some of the visual ideas I came up with!

1716583892159.png

1716583900846.png

Some decorative crystals

These will probably not get used in the biomes showcased but a specific type of mineral is also going to be important and these were some first concepts for them. Again, prooobably not getting used because we decided to focus more on the tech aspect of the unifying element.

1716583911402.png

Concepting new area

The upcoming build will flesh out the area Kincaid finds herself in after the fight with Kaha. The concepting stage is still in the early beginning so there isn’t much we can show yet!

Bugfixes & Code Quality Pass

All of the pressing, gamebreaking bug fixes made it into the hotfix for the most recent build. But we’re still left with a laundry list of annoyances we want to address to further improve the code quality of the game.

1716583930179.png

Until next time!
Cookie & Bunny

Overall Status Report
Upcoming Build Tasks

• Kobold City Cisterns
  • New small lewd animation
  • New CG scene
Long-term Projects

• Soundtrack: New Soundtrack Additions
  • Haven: Working on backgrounds and props

Zawkian_Puppy

The Cheesy pup
Game Developer
Sep 12, 2019
People I know it's immensely sad for us ROR game fans to lose Kincaid, but this is getting ridiculous, they said they aren't changing back, move on and play another game geez...

• Sad
Reactions: dragonsix6969

Sazoji

Sep 30, 2018
I built up some code that can rebuild (most of, transparency overlays in the wolf scene still get fucked up) the full-screen scenes back to their ungrid-ified form, still working on GIFs for sprites, but the script is fairly simple other than avoiding naming conflicts, makes it easy to just dump all the textures of importance as individual folders to automatically build up images from.
Any thread where this would be useful as a generalized tool? It would probably make more sense to convert it to a UMT script that can just do all this on export, since there'd be access to data like the x/y position of all the textures to stitch together. Finding a way to start each image batch as a thread would also speed this up by an order of magnitude, at the cost of RAM.

1716610103381.png

Reactions: Worst One

SongofthePast

Feb 1, 2018
Infinite dying on reload bug not fixed
died right as a got the victory for the flag and now die on reload.
playing on 2024.03 Hotfix 1

4.60 star(s) 26 Votes