4.60 star(s) 26 Votes

PixelBuster

Aug 15, 2020
So yeah, it really is one way or the other.
Well then you should go with what you as developer adverticed the game with and earned money for.

I dont understand why even ask in the first place when its one way or another anyways. In that scenario no matter what you do some people wont be happy. So "one way or another" right now is more like "choose your poison" in which case you shouldnt ask others what to do its your game.

So yeah in my opinion keep the game as it is its what made you comes this far in the first place so why change it ?

Aug 22, 2021
Well then you should go with what you as developer adverticed the game with and earned money for.

I dont understand why even ask in the first place when its one way or another anyways. In that scenario no matter what you do some people wont be happy. So "one way or another" right now is more like "choose your poison" in which case you shouldnt ask others what to do its your game.

So yeah in my opinion keep the game as it is its what made you comes this far in the first place so why change it ?
They said they prefer it this way because it is easier since they dont have to individually code enemy AI's to move to you when you are downed.

anon_089

Apr 12, 2019
Sure, here you go:

I reported the prototype post for updating the OP, but I guess the prototype doesn't really count as an update.

heyyyyy, thanks a lot ^^
honestly even like this i find it pretty nice, it changes a bit how the game works but the mood is pretty much the same, since she's always willing in thescens and the character seems like it woulddo that

zensei

Jan 20, 2018
I'd be ok with domcaid if they keep both interactions in the final product. So players can choose how to handle certain situations. I just hope patreon doesn't force cookie to have it be exclusively like this.

Aug 22, 2021
Yes i do understand the reasoning "because its less work".
I have a feeling that other reasons may become clear in time. For where we are now, I don't feel reasonable criticizing the dev for making reasonable logistical decisions for getting their game out a bit faster.

On a more soapboxy note, the best games are a balance between what the audience wants and the developer's vision. Given that all the existing interactions are entirely consensual in narrative and art, they always felt slightly out of place for the existing defeat mechanic. From that, I suspect that the new system is both easier to implement and more in line with the scenes the dev actually wants to make.

Naturally the audience's needs matter too (particularly when they are directly funding it), but far too many of these projects die halfway from developers burning out trying to make everyone happy and losing sight of what they originally wanted to make.

Give them some time to try out the system and see where it goes. At the very least, modders can wrench the released game back to old form when it releases for those who cannot enjoy it any other way. They always do.

PixelBuster

Aug 15, 2020
I have a feeling that other reasons may become clear in time. For where we are now, I don't feel reasonable criticizing the dev for making reasonable logistical decisions for getting their game out a bit faster
Maybe there is a little misunderstanding here.
I am not criticizing the Dev for his reasonable decisions but for asking the community. Its his game,his decision and his mistake or success. Dev tend to ask their fans and when everything goes down the toilet they are like :" Well you guys wanted it that way". So i dont like the idea of Devs telling the fans its their mistake because he asked them and he did what they wanted.

I am not saying that the Dev of this game is doing this but asking the fans about something that importand is a sign of insecurity and that always leads into disaster.

Aug 22, 2021
Maybe there is a little misunderstanding here.
I am not criticizing the Dev for his reasonable decisions but for asking the community. Its his game,his decision and his mistake or success. Dev tend to ask their fans and when everything goes down the toilet they are like :" Well you guys wanted it that way". So i dont like the idea of Devs telling the fans its their mistake because he asked them and he did what they wanted.

I am not saying that the Dev of this game is doing this but asking the fans about something that importand is a sign of insecurity and that always leads into disaster.
That is an entirely fair concern considering how often projects like this die halfway done. I choose to see it as a sign of integrity but poor communication to a divided audience, but that is absolutely subjective. Hopefully, it never gets to the point where one of us is proven right.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

bulletslip101

Sep 16, 2020
I don't really get it. The animations are all obviously consensual (which I thought was a really hot difference to most other h-games) and you almost have to let yourself get grabbed (which is actually a fun 'teasing' thing to do) and then let the animation play. (Oh no, I just didn't manage to break that grab, Oh no:love:)

To me that's a LOT more fun than 'Press button to see animation'. If I wanted that I'd just use the gallery.
(I don't use galleries because they lack all the above fun.)

Jun 19, 2017
im so confused how this game works im at the intro running in a straight line meeting a gecko, a slime, and a passed out wolf after that what do i do i cant go forward anymore also all the scenes it stays zoomed in on the final cg of the sex scene am i doing something wrong?
Press ESC and then go to main menu and then press play.
But this update is really buggy, getting crashes everywhere.

jokuur

May 23, 2019
I guess doing both is the solution ? That way the Sub Gameplay stays and the Dom Acts are optional because you decide if you wanna do it or not. Win/Win i would say and no one can complain.
yes but it sounds like a lot of work more to be done and that work that can be put in faster development of current game will have to be redirected for this kind of version some people wont even want to play, it may attract some new players but it also may trap the creators who will burden themselves with more work
personally i think its a bad move, its not like they are popping out new animation every week so a lot of people will be displeased for 2 times longer time of waiting for either dom or sub scenes and longer main story progression because of this

QSharpe

Jan 29, 2022
I do not want Domcaid and the reasons given it by the developers are bad/dubious.

"Getting grappled would not interrupt the flow of combat anymore."
The grapple breakout for Kincaid is much more forgiving than other games with the same mechanic. By making it mash-any-button to escape instead of a specific alternating set of keys, it makes grapple breakout very easy. As it is, it's plenty fast enough to keep the flow of the game going as it is.

"And it would feel more like a reward."
There already is a reward for defeating enemies and getting to choose when to have lewd scenes, it's the Gallery. If they really wanted to still give the player the option of getting to see the sex scenes in the gallery without having to take a hit and get stunned, they can alter the code so that when a specific enemy is defeated, the flag unlocking their scene is unlocked in the gallery. That is how I would do it if I were making a game of this type, and I wanted to reward players who did well.

"It would also clear up which enemies are lewdable and which won’t be (like the insects)."
As far as I know, every enemy with a sex scene does some form of stun attack, and the insects do not. I would think that is a good enough means to determine which enemies have sex scenes, and which ones do not.

I left this one last, because I really want to harp on it a lot more than the other reasons given:
"We would not have to design enemies around being able to have grapple moves and reach Kincaid in any situation."
I'm not entirely sure what they mean by grapple moves. Many of the kobolds do not use grapple moves to stun Kincaid. As stated this reason does not make sense. Only the sabretooth and the slime use explicit grapple attacks as it is, the kobolds and other enemies throw a projectile or just do a melee attack to stun.

For the sake of argument, I'm going to re-interpret what they said to mean the following:
1. they want to make some new enemies that are ranged only
2. they want to have sex scenes for these new enemies
3. they don't want to have to figure out how they can get to Kincaid after stunning her, if there are platforms separating the enemy and Kincaid
If that's the case, and they really want a sex scene where Kincaid doms the helpless enemy, then make it that way for just those enemies. However, I think that because I had to make my own interpretation of what they were trying to say, it just makes it feel like the rationale of the reason is flawed in the first place.

Furthermore, this makes me have to ask another question: what kind of enemies do the developers want to put in the game next that would not include some sort of up close interaction? My favorite enemies are the sabretooth and the werewolf, and I will probably enjoy the Corrupted Kobold when he gets his own scenes. I'm sorry for stating what feels like the obvious, but: I like them because I like big dom/small sub, and I like seeing Kincaid get dominated by them. Am I going to like these theoretical new enemies? What is the artistic vision behind these new enemies that makes them unable to do what the existing enemies already can? Perhaps I'm just reading way too far into this statement, but it sounds like the developers are being pressured to alter the artistic direction midway through development. If they do this, Kincaid will die just like so many other promising projects.

4.60 star(s) 26 Votes