4.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Freezewood369

Jan 6, 2021
the episode things remind me of some ms dos game.
bio menace
jill of the jungle
vinyl goddess from mars
and etc... like so much games of these styles about episodes,jazz jackrabbit is one of them too.

nnjagnga333

Jul 4, 2019
There's still no mute for the disgusting kobold shitting noises, and this new bossfight is severely trash. The hitboxes for the boss extend above it when you try to jump over while it's crouching, and the tail slam will hit you even while behind the boss. Meanwhile the lack of iframes on dodge and the roll being slower than the air dash are felt when the boss gets faster. The rock hitbox also starts before it gets thrown, which punishes for trying to get to the safe zone properly. The second phase spams mooks with too much rng on their landing spots, and the rock throw is too fast to dodge predictably while the tornado phase is too long. Oh, jump over the slowly moving invincible boss ten times, how fun.

The boss also needs a health bar.

As for the new mechanic re: which party initiates, the best games of this type have both. Just have an "invite" pose button or something.

Last edited:

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
... why does a dodge need iframes? Most old platformers (jazz etc) never had iframes, Blasphemous doesn't etc.

Zakia

Jan 1, 2019
Yes it was and it's not an easy choice, as I mentioned earlier. Getting the feedback was important to me. I've always tried to be as transparent as possible about my work and thoughts on it. Sorry to be disappointing.

We had a few members here not into our proposal and some were, so it was a mixed bag. On Discord, Patreon, etc. a lot of people were excited about it. Now, I don't know if this is a "vocal minority" kinda situation, since I'm against doing a poll. But usually, people who react negatively do so quicker than the other way around.
TBH I don't know if you can trust the people subbed to your patreon and on your discord to be unbiased. That being said you should be more catering to the people supporting your game financially, so if a majority of people on your patreon want the change then do it. Myself I am more a fan of bad ends, so even the current version doesn't really do that and honestly the change fits better with the CGs as none of them have ever felt like a game over scene.

Zakia

Jan 1, 2019
Ok after seeing the prototype, I do think it fits more with the cgs. The only thing I could suggest to maybe make those that don't like the change to maybe calm down would maybe be to make at least the bosses able to grapple her and maybe give it an actual bad end if you lose the fight. Not saying you should or anything, just the only suggestion I could think of.

Reactions: LeruArt
4.60 star(s) 26 Votes