VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Kindread: The Redburns [Ch. 5] [Inkalicious]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Duriel

Really liking the whole "not so fast" mentality put into this game's sex scenes, allowing you to focus on character development while still teasing you with the main character perversion.

Till now it seems the path its pretty much predetermined, giving you pretty much the same scenes with slightly different dialogue based on your decisions (save for a few choices which indeed throw you into a different situation).

Really looking forward to this project developing, possibly into a well defined branch like taming the animal (developing more of a love story) or giving in to lust (rapey).
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Absintheur

So this is provisional five stars. The provisional is because we don't really know yet how good this will be, as it's rather short. But the 90% of the points come from the setting and the situation. So far the writing is functional, and not completely ridiculous so it's already above the average for the adult genre. That said, the art is at best functional, and at worst pretty bad. It doesn't really detract from the game, at least not to me. I don't play these games for art.

So, in short; it's a great setup and writing is decent, art is functional enough.

The score will either drop or increase very easily, entirely depending on the pacing of the plot and the characterization of the people. I'm keeping an lazy eye on this one, but you might want to wait, if you're insistent on getting right on the action.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

newgrounds

The game is fun and has a interesting plot to it, really enjoy the first chapter and hoping for more. I don't see any reason for me to not give it a 5 star in my opinion. Hoping for more choices and a long plot.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Rain01

Absolutely fantastic! The game has realistic characters and really draws you in, at least as of chapter 1. The sexual content is also nice and works great with the story. Probably one of the most promising beginnings I've seen for a game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Nova_1200

In my opinion this game has a really interesting concept to it and good story telling so far can't wait to see how the game develops and improves.:)
    I also think the game would be interesting if in the choices whatever choice you make will have negative and positive outcomes to your current situation(s) so that you feel like there is consequences with the characters involved. An example would be either you get a special item ( for the mum and sister) but you don't get the supplies you need and you have to struggle until the next event.
    Anyway sorry for waffling on...:rolleyes:
    Nova_1200
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 523324

TL;DR: Give this game a chance.

Even though the game is being made via Honey Select renders, there's something special about this game. I can't really describe it, but if I had to give some form of explanation, it would be it's camera work, writing and character design.

Unlike many other games, I feel an emotional connection with these characters. Which I find to be a huge factor when I am playing games.

I know many people will probably not get to this part of the review, but I would like to elevate some concerns about the dev using HS. While the graphics are honey select, the creator has went beyond the generic game HS games, and has spent a lot of time creating layers of details for the characters.

To put it simply, I suggest everyone to give this game a chance to prove itself.

Overall this game is a 8/10, but be warned that I am a harsh critic. The reason why it didn't get a 10/10, is because nothing besides maybe 2-3 games on F95 can even be anything higher than a 8.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

desmosome

Don't be fooled by the chapter 0, this VN has a fair bit of content, enough for 30~45 min. This is how a campy zombie apocalypse game should look like. The banter between the characters are great, and the game somehow makes the horny dickhead teenager protagonist we've come to despise actually endearing. Honey select models ain't anything revolutionary, but the game has a nice visual style, utilizing multiple renders to show what's happening in a given scene. Although the game doesn't specify the 3 characters' relations, its very easy to see them as 3 siblings, or 2 siblings with a stepmother based on their interactions. This is one to look forward to for sure.