TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
While I wasn't a huge fan of KoD, I appreciated the fact that it was trying to do something different, rather than be a clone. I hope they still intend to follow their own path, rather than just blindly follow what people scream loudest about. There's plenty of examples where that didn't end well.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
NN was better than this though, we have never really managed to see what KoD was supposed to be by sierras vision because she lost interest before it started for real
According to Nomo "all of the characters, most of the story and plot, history and backstory, as well as even some of the speech patterns of characters" were his and all Sierra did was bringing all of his ideas to life. So now I'm worried that by giving in to whiners Nomo is going to step away from his vision and turn this attempt at something different into a clone of everything else we can find here. Doing that can only lead to Nomo loosing interest in development of KoD (especially if he have other sources of income) the way Sierra already did.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Personal insults are against the forum rules, I don't care how smart you think you are, quit being an asshat.
Everyone else, stop feeding the trolls and just report them so I can give warnings and thread-bans.

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
I have a hard time seeing how this could turn into NN2, simply because of the different game engine. But maybe I'm missing something? I have not played a enough of NN to actually know what the story was like.

What elements of NN are you worried about seeing in KoD? (or looking forward to perhaps?)

Viressa

May 24, 2018
You know how this game starts with the protagonist getting raped (at least until that scene was removed in 0.4) and then selling blowjobs to survive? That's basically all of Noxian Nights. I liked it, especially later in the game when it becomes a monster fuckfest, I just thought the direction KoD had going for it was more interesting.

Sevatar88

Oct 8, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if they actually plan on waiting until just before midnight to release this...

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
You know how this game starts with the protagonist getting raped (at least until that scene was removed in 0.4) and then selling blowjobs to survive? That's basically all of Noxian Nights. I liked it, especially later in the game when it becomes a monster fuckfest, I just thought the direction KoD had going for it was more interesting.
Wait, they removed content? Do you remember the reasoning for it? (and is it something they are likely to do again?)

Maybe that explains why in my game Sabia is accused of lying about the intro ambush because I couldn't actually choose a truthful answer? Some retconned artifacts...? either that or she was simply too prideful even though I play her as a sub.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Wait, they removed content? Do you remember the reasoning for it? (and is it something they are likely to do again?)

Maybe that explains why in my game Sabia is accused of lying about the intro ambush because I couldn't actually choose a truthful answer? Some retconned artifacts...? either that or she was simply too prideful even though I play her as a sub.
There used to be a more or less railroaded rape scene right at the start (there are 3 variations depending on your choices, but no matter what you pick Sabia gets raped) but it was removed because it was decided it wasn't tonally right for the story they were trying to tell with this game. I completely agree, but it's caused no end of tears from the people who want NN2. I don't think it's something that'll happen again.

As for why she's accused of lying, yeah that's a bit of bad game design but it's got nothing to do with the removed rape scene. Depending on your choices in that initial encounter, you can be forced to lie in the trial scene simply because the option to tell the truth isn't there. The best way to go is to "say nothing" when Lutvrog shows up and saves you, then when asked why you were there in the trial, say "hunting for bandits."

Reactions: numanumani

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
What does it tell you that game started off with specific kinda content which gains it a lot of patrons, then later change direction and start to lose patrons?
It's annoying to see people cry about content you like, it's even more annoying to see devs cater to those people. There just happens to be really large market for corrupting women in games.
Loss of Patreons happened because of lack of updates, not due to content. It doesn't matter what kind of content you have if you produce only three updates in a calendar year the way Hreinn Games did you're going to lose Patreons.

And while it's true that there is a "large market for corrupting woman in games", a huge percentage of games that label themselves as such have nothing to do with corruption for simple reason that corruption is not the same as blackmail and/or mind control (which is what majority of games use to explain corruption). Not to mention that turning someone into submissive doormat who does everything you want (which is what people want... hence calling it NN2) is also not corruption.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
There used to be a more or less railroaded rape scene right at the start (there are 3 variations depending on your choices, but no matter what you pick Sabia gets raped) but it was removed because it was decided it wasn't tonally right for the story they were trying to tell with this game. I completely agree, but it's caused no end of tears from the people who want NN2. I don't think it's something that'll happen again.
I really wish one of those stayed, the one where Sabia makes a deal that if she gets defeated they can have their way with her, it would be perfect for a sub route too. Another thing is that in one of the recent updates there exists an option where Sabia can choose to give herself to her orc group but if you choose it nothing happens, even though my sub stat is quite high.

It doesn't really feel like the sub stat route does anything honestly except for a couple of scenes. I feel like the game should've been more linear and do away with the sub and dom options (but leave in the freedom and slavery ones) if they didn't want it like that. It just gives the impression you can shape Sabia into whatever character you want but that's not really the case.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I really wish one of those stayed, the one where Sabia makes a deal that if she gets defeated they can have their way with her, it would be perfect for a sub route too.
Except she doesn't agree that they could have their way with her... she agrees for Lutvorg (the orc she fights) to have his way with her if he defeat her, not everyone present.

It doesn't really feel like the sub stat route does anything honestly except for a couple of scenes. I feel like the game should've been more linear and do away with the sub and dom options (but leave in the freedom and slavery ones) if they didn't want it like that. It just gives the impression you can shape Sabia into whatever character you want but that's not really the case.
But that is exactly how it's supposed to be... if you choose Sub path you get to see more scenes at the cost of various bonuses and stats. If you choose Dom path, you get less scenes but more bonuses and stat boosts with occasional exclusive scene.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
it's only about 7:40 East Coast time, so if they're based in the US they'll have plenty of time to post before midnight

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Except she doesn't agree that they could have their way with her... she agrees for Lutvorg (the orc she fights) to have his way with her if he defeat her, not everyone present.
I meant more the idea that she was willing to do that, instead of the other 2 scenes where she gets raped anyway. If it was just Lutvorg I wouldn't mind at all.

But that is exactly how it's supposed to be... if you choose Sub path you get to see more scenes at the cost of various bonuses and stats. If you choose Dom path, you get less scenes but more bonuses and stat boosts with occasional exclusive scene.
I wonder if there will be changes to the dom path now aswell.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I meant more the idea that she was willing to do that, instead of the other 2 scenes where she gets raped anyway. If it was just Lutvorg I wouldn't mind at all.
But that's the point: she gets raped in that scene as well. Just because she agrees to have sex with Lutvorg doesn't mean she agrees to have sex with anyone else...

I wonder if there will be changes to the dom path now aswell.
Most likely... I'm just afraid it will take a back seat to Sub path (or even worse be completely ignored). So far both paths were developed at the same time and getting content.

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes