BluestSlime

Mar 9, 2020
With the amount of time this thread spends trashing the devs... we're depending on the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.

Feb 1, 2017
With the amount of time this thread spends trashing the devs... we're depending on the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
You're right, to some extent. Most of the trashing is done because of the lack of development updates/lack of communication. Or at least outside of Discord.

Like I told another guy on 4chinz, I would become a paypig if at least Nomo streamed himself most of the time he worked on the game, because that'd be a good indication of work actually being done AND a way to attract more patrons. Now obviously Nds streaming himself code the update would be quite boring (I guess) and Monsinne writing for the game would be a snooze fest with the amount of rewriting the same things until he found a good flow. Unless they somehow found ways to make the streams entertaining.

Hell, I was in university when Nomo and Sierra started working on this game and I saw the huge amount of potential it had, and I wanted to support it but I couldn't for obvious reasons. Then Nds and Monsinne came on board and Sierra left, the updates became sparser and sparser to the point we're getting 2 updates a year. Now that I have the disposable income to do it however, there's no way I'm going to support such slow development, not to mention for the amount of time it takes them to make an update, the amount of content doesn't seem to be quite there. So for 3-4 quests an update (in the best case scenario) that we get every handful of months, they could easily chop the planned update into smaller ones that release every other month or so with only 1 or 2 of the planned quests. It's not like the game would magically change either, because they plan the content in advance (or so I hope).

Thanks for reading my blogpost.

Nov 27, 2018
You're right, to some extent. Most of the trashing is done because of the lack of development updates/lack of communication. Or at least outside of Discord.

Like I told another guy on 4chinz, I would become a paypig if at least Nomo streamed himself most of the time he worked on the game, because that'd be a good indication of work actually being done AND a way to attract more patrons. Now obviously Nds streaming himself code the update would be quite boring (I guess) and Monsinne writing for the game would be a snooze fest with the amount of rewriting the same things until he found a good flow. Unless they somehow found ways to make the streams entertaining.

Hell, I was in university when Nomo and Sierra started working on this game and I saw the huge amount of potential it had, and I wanted to support it but I couldn't for obvious reasons. Then Nds and Monsinne came on board and Sierra left, the updates became sparser and sparser to the point we're getting 2 updates a year. Now that I have the disposable income to do it however, there's no way I'm going to support such slow development, not to mention for the amount of time it takes them to make an update, the amount of content doesn't seem to be quite there. So for 3-4 quests an update (in the best case scenario) that we get every handful of months, they could easily chop the planned update into smaller ones that release every other month or so with only 1 or 2 of the planned quests. It's not like the game would magically change either, because they plan the content in advance (or so I hope).

Thanks for reading my blogpost.
But the game is a milking operation

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes