Hanten

Nov 12, 2016
It's been a while, but I seem to remember Noxian Nights having 3-4 scenes in every update, which is pretty comparable to the amount of scenes KoD has per update. The change-log mentions 5 base CGs.
Agreed, the amount of scene based content in KoD added per month of development is noticeably less than in Noxian Nights. KoD has roughly half the sexual content of Noxian Nights per major update if you scale it on a measurement of scene to month ratio. This isn't to say they aren't a good dev team, but switching to Renpy has obviously slowed down progress on the whole due to the plug'n'play coding from RPGmaker being absent when they need to add new elements to the game.

Heliophorus

Jan 6, 2018
Agreed, the amount of scene based content in KoD added per month of development is noticeably less than in Noxian Nights. KoD has roughly half the sexual content of Noxian Nights per major update if you scale it on a measurement of scene to month ratio. This isn't to say they aren't a good dev team, but switching to Renpy has obviously slowed down progress on the whole due to the plug'n'play coding from RPGmaker being absent when they need to add new elements to the game.
Well, Renpy is worth it imo. One thing I didn't like about NN was RPGM.

Machcia

Oct 16, 2017
Gotta say those "cheats" tab on this website are terrible, what's the point of posting them when you won't include an explanation how to enable in game console through gamefiles?

Orthenos

Aug 1, 2017
Gotta say those "cheats" tab on this website are terrible, what's the point of posting them when you won't include an explanation how to enable in game console through gamefiles?
It's the same for all Ren'Py game. thread explains how to do it.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
In some comments on Patreon, Sierra mentioned that they want the next update to be "release 0.50 is out to testers" and they're not making an intermittent update post because the release should be imminent.

Hanten

Nov 12, 2016
In some comments on Patreon, Sierra mentioned that they want the next update to be "release 0.50 is out to testers" and they're not making an intermittent update post because the release should be imminent.
At least that's positive news, not a huge fan of devs that gloss over time periods where no updates are mentioned, hopefully the next patreon post clarifies the larger delay between 0.4 and 0.5. If the patrons remain stockholm'd into this schedule of slow updates, KoD might turn into another dripfeed western game.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Hmm I wonder how getting "slavery" and "submission" up will play out. Will she enslave and conquer races but also get on all fours anytime they demand it?

Also I hope the stats will start having more influence soon. Would love it if she went to work back at the sex tents because she wants to.

logo408

Oct 17, 2017
<3

The big announcement of this post is that KoD 0.5.0 is ready and will be sent out to beta testers! They will need to start from the beginning, plus give feedback on many different systems, so we can't give an exact estimate for how long the beta testing will last, but we will give a release date once everything is confirmed working as intended. We have been testing the game update ourselves the last few weeks, so it is already in good condition, but with so many changes we would need to get feedback from a bigger pool of people.
Meanwhile, we wanted to talk about everything that this update will include and explain why it's more than an ordinary update. As we've said earlier, this will be the last update where players will be required to delete their old saves. Converting the game into its new format so that all future saves are valid was one of our major objectives, but we also finished the following:

Normal Update Content: Aside from the revamp, 0.5.0 contains 5 new CGs with 9 unique scene variations.

Unique Captain Content: Player choice of Captain will have an increased effect, with new events, troops, and sex scenes. Though we intend for most future content to be obtainable by most saves, we also think it's important for player choices to grant unique rewards sometimes.

Makhor Content: After leaving you on a cliffhanger with the Makhor last time, we'll give you plenty of answers and scenes with the new character.

Battle System Revamp Complete: We increased the complexity of the combat system last time, but with this update we've completed the redesign. You can see in the screenshot above that there's a new resource to manage, plus we responded to complaints that the system didn't include enough information about available attacks. The newly balanced system will make battles more varied and more fun.

Army Raiding System: Now that Sabia has gained control of forces, she'll be able to take the next significant step. This includes a brand new system that we have yet to introduce in a preview post. We'll leave you to discover it in the game, but we'll say that it adds another layer of consequences to all your past decisions.

New Maps: You'll be able to see the world map we previewed in the game, plus you can expect some old menus to be transformed into more interesting GUI elements.

This update brings KoD to the state we intended from a design perspective. We will continue to make improvements from a visual perspective, but we will include those over time so we can keep up our momentum. With the above changes in place, we've finished the game's foundation and presented all the core systems that will carry the rest of the game.

Please look forward to the next version of Kindom of Deception!

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
They will need to start from the beginning

Well, at least we wont need to start over ever again. Altho the update, by the description given, doesnt seem to have much scenes?
At least it has some gameplay it seems.

FlipFish

Oct 23, 2017
I'm looking forward to it. Shame the saves don't work but to be honest I haven't played the game since the last update and have a lot of different saves for the different routes so It'd be a nice refresher for me at least. Looks like we are going to get some gratitude from the Makhor judging from this preview. New UI looks nice too.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
I'm looking forward to it. Shame the saves don't work but to be honest I haven't played the game since the last update and have a lot of different saves for the different routes so It'd be a nice refresher for me at least. Looks like we are going to get some gratitude from the Makhor judging from this preview. New UI looks nice too.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Those Jadk censors. XD
Man, can't wait for that Makhor scene.
And that unique Captain content. Gonna be fun seeing what each one has to offer. Especially Tekrok. :FeelsGoodMan:
Also really interested in those raids. Looking forward to seeing how they work.

Hmm I wonder how getting "slavery" and "submission" up will play out. Will she enslave and conquer races but also get on all fours anytime they demand it?
Well, that's certainly how I wanna play her. My Sabia is a fair woman. She enslaves everyone and turns them into sex slaves. Even herself. :p

Would love it if she went to work back at the sex tents because she wants to.
You and me both. But we'll probably never get that. :FeelsBadMan:

3.90 star(s) 76 Votes