Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

FullSteamAhead.png

Progress Report | Full Steam Ahead!

Hey everyone!

Plenty of news to share today as we approach the next update for Kingdom of Passion!

== Beta 0.1 Progress & Release ==

Over the holidays, I was able to finish the main HUB map which is a massive hurdle. Of course, over time, I'll add and tweak little parts here and there but with Beta 0.1, you'll be able to see what all is coming in future updates.

Most of the buildings won't be accessible just yet but with each update, more areas will be added.

As far as the actual release date is concerned, I'm chugging along fully committed to a late January release! The specific release date will be announced later this month.

Beta 0.1 will include new content for Queen Eliza, however, it won't be as much as a usual update. There is currently 1 new NSFW planned for this update since a lot of development time was spent on the map and other basic features still.

Stay tuned as well because there are a few Patron-exclusive teasers I'll be sharing for Queen Eliza's new content!

== New Character ==

Additionally another character's design has been completed and I'm hoping to reveal her soon. Despite development taking me longer than I would have liked, it's been great for the artist who has had ample time to start filling up the roster!

I don't know just yet if she'll be revealed in time for Beta 0.1 or if I'll wait for Beta 0.2 but there are still plenty more characters that I have planned and can't wait to reveal once they're finished! Kingdom of Passion is shaping up to have a pretty nice sized roster. I've got my work cut out for me... x_x

== Save File Conflicts ==

When Beta 0.1 releases, save files from the Alpha update will NOT be compatible. Sometimes when new plugins are added, pre-existing saves become incompatible and won't properly function.

In this case, I've noticed that the Quest Log will cause a hard crash and the weapon/projectile system just simply won't work for old files.

I don't intend for this to happen much at all, if ever, moving forward. In most updates, your save files should be compatible when a new update drops. But for Beta 0.1, it will require a fresh start. Sorry for the inconvenience but thank you for understanding!

========

That wraps up this progress report!

Stay tuned for a few teasers and then later this month I will announce the release date for Beta 0.1! Thank you all so much for your support and for playing Kingdom of Passion!

Reactions: nln0

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
From Siren's patreon.

View attachment 3241560

Progress Report | Full Steam Ahead!

Hey everyone!

Plenty of news to share today as we approach the next update for Kingdom of Passion!

== Beta 0.1 Progress & Release ==

Over the holidays, I was able to finish the main HUB map which is a massive hurdle. Of course, over time, I'll add and tweak little parts here and there but with Beta 0.1, you'll be able to see what all is coming in future updates.

Most of the buildings won't be accessible just yet but with each update, more areas will be added.

As far as the actual release date is concerned, I'm chugging along fully committed to a late January release! The specific release date will be announced later this month.

Beta 0.1 will include new content for Queen Eliza, however, it won't be as much as a usual update. There is currently 1 new NSFW planned for this update since a lot of development time was spent on the map and other basic features still.

Stay tuned as well because there are a few Patron-exclusive teasers I'll be sharing for Queen Eliza's new content!

== New Character ==

Additionally another character's design has been completed and I'm hoping to reveal her soon. Despite development taking me longer than I would have liked, it's been great for the artist who has had ample time to start filling up the roster!

I don't know just yet if she'll be revealed in time for Beta 0.1 or if I'll wait for Beta 0.2 but there are still plenty more characters that I have planned and can't wait to reveal once they're finished! Kingdom of Passion is shaping up to have a pretty nice sized roster. I've got my work cut out for me... x_x

== Save File Conflicts ==

When Beta 0.1 releases, save files from the Alpha update will NOT be compatible. Sometimes when new plugins are added, pre-existing saves become incompatible and won't properly function.

In this case, I've noticed that the Quest Log will cause a hard crash and the weapon/projectile system just simply won't work for old files.

I don't intend for this to happen much at all, if ever, moving forward. In most updates, your save files should be compatible when a new update drops. But for Beta 0.1, it will require a fresh start. Sorry for the inconvenience but thank you for understanding!

========

That wraps up this progress report!

Stay tuned for a few teasers and then later this month I will announce the release date for Beta 0.1! Thank you all so much for your support and for playing Kingdom of Passion!
Now that I think of it... Will this game be more similar to Town of Passion or to Sexy quest? I'd rather have the first.

Reactions: Wildan Ruhul haqqi

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

Entrance.png

Release Updates | Plans This Week!

Hey! Got some news to share about Kingdom of Passion's next update so let's get straight to it!

== Release Window ==

Just as a reminder, Beta 0.1 is planned to release this month! Ideally, I'm hoping to fully complete the update by this Thursday or Friday so $5+ KoP Patrons can play it. However, I might need an extra day or two (or three).

I also do not foresee any need for major delays. While there's plenty more I'd love to get done, I think this update is in a nice playable state for the first major update!

== Beta 0.1 Contents ==

Beta 0.1, in many ways, is more of an Alpha 2 update as there's still a lot of core mechanics that need completing. Stats still aren't fully implemented and the combat only has the very basics. Most characters and buildings can't be interacted with yet either.

However, I wanted to begin the NSFW content so Eliza's story has some initial quests that you can now do! It's not much. Future updates I plan to have usually 2 scenes instead of 1, but remember a lot of this update was focused on finishing up the main map and getting some other basics down such as the Day 1 tutorial.

With Beta 0.1, I'm in a position now to focus a bit more heavily on characters and NSFW content as we move forward!

Reminder: Alpha saves are NOT compatible with Beta 0.1. You will need to restart in order for new features to work properly. Future updates should not run into this issue with save compatibility.

== Teaser Coming Up! ==

I'll be teasing the NSFW scene for $3+ Patrons very soon as well so keep your eyes peeled for that! I know I'm a little late with the teasers this time around but it's been quite a busy few months of development. I hope you all understand!

=====

That about does it for this update! Stay tuned for the NSFW teaser coming up and then Beta 0.1 shortly after that!

Thank you all so much for your support! I hope you enjoy this new update coming soon =D

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

ReleaseDateKoP.png

Beta 0.1 Release Date | This Friday!

Hey everyone!

Today I wanted to update you all with some changes to the release plans.

== Release Date ==

The target release date for $5+ KoP Patrons will be Friday Feb 2nd! The public release will be on Monday Feb 5th!

I know this is not the January release window like I had initially mentioned. This past weekend wound up not being enough time to complete Beta 0.1 and rather than release the update in the middle of the week, I wanted to push it back to Friday so Patrons can play it during the weekend.

Sorry for the delay here. This does give myself a bit more breathing room to comfortably finish the update so I appreciate your patience and understanding!

== Android Version ==

I plan to release the Android Version of Beta 0.1 at the same time as the public release. There is an important bug that I need to test for with a general audience so waiting for the free release feels like a safer plan.

Once/if the Android version is good to go, it will begin releasing simultaneously with the Windows/PC version of KoP with every future release!

======

It's been a long time in the making but Beta 0.1 is almost complete! Thank you so much for your continued patience and I'll see you on Friday with the release!

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
NEcMIx.png

Beta 0.1 Changelog

== New Characters ==
Madame Rose

== New Outfits ==
Queen Eliza - Casual Outfit

== New Scenes ==
Queen Eliza - Bathing (properly implemented now)
Casual Eliza - HJ

=====

IMPORTANT: Alpha save files are not compatible with KoP - Beta 0.1! Future updates will allow for saves to carry over but there were some compatibility issues with the projectile and quest log features that will be added in future updates.

Beta 0.1 is the first subsequent update and adds a lot of core functionality to help KoP feel more complete.

== HUB Map ==
The main area, Valencia Courtyard is now (mostly) complete! After the Day 1 tutorial is over, you can fully explore the
map.

Only a few buildings are accessible but future updates will continue to change this and include more places/characters to
interact with.

Just like the buildings, parts of the Courtyard may change or expand to include new hidden secrets and other places to
explore.

== Day 1 Tutorial ==
The Day 1 tutorial is now full complete as well! After meeting Aphrodite, the story continues and helps teach some of the
basic mechanics of the game a little more.

This also includes an NSFW scene that was teased in the Alpha update!

== Queen Eliza ==
Most importantly, Queen Eliza's story has gotten a jump start as you can now begin the early parts of her sidequests!

Simply talking to her after Day 1 will help explain what you need to do in order to progress with Eliza and begin building
your relationship.

Due to a lot of core mechanics needing a lot of time/attention, her story content is short but I hope this does serve as a
nice introduction for what's to come in later updates!

Thank you so much for playing Kingdom of Passion!

== Beta 0.1.1 Changelog ==
-Added Android functionality
-Misc map bug fixes
-Typo fixes

PC

Android

Reactions: orkut123
3.80 star(s) 5 Votes