baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
did u update with the latest .exe?
its a fix so that bosses should not get regen. I post it again.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
reply if u get into some other trouble.
its good for us as well to get feedback. so don't worry about that.
hopefully this helps. otherwise maybe your level is too low. Mano require some strength to kill it.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I fighting "Mano"
But I used safety medal ... I can't beat it
You might be underleveled. I would do the following quests and get some exp.

1. Teo Treasure Questline that also unlocks Mina's Main Story
2. The Rien island unlock which actually grants a ton of exp, equipment, etc to boost you very early
3. And finding Leonore to unlock Jean and Jane the Bunnygirl. Also gives quick exp

TriRikis

Oct 25, 2020
Sometimes when I use Monster Sack IIIs, when it is loading the area, I get this error:
Run-time error '9'
Subscript out of range

and the game closes.
It only happens with the Monster Sack IIIs.
The save can be loaded after re-entering the game.
Reinstalling the game didn't not fix it.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
other monster sacks works? just III?

edit: yes u right. in the "public-version" nr III don't work. I also get that error.
in the DEV version it works. not sure why?
I will work on it, in 2 weeks theres a Tech-version that Im working on. I will by than fixed a number of bugs.

Last edited:

TriRikis

Oct 25, 2020
Had 2 more crash-related problems:
The scroll shop in the domain CTD when trying to buy any scroll with no error prompt.
Picture not found error on multiple quests entries in the quest list:
The Ardyn
The Homestead
When Trust Fails You
Orchid and the Master
The Scientist and the Golems

Again, reinstalling the game did not fix these issues.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
this is the right now.
the reason of the confusion is because Im working with a lot of stuff right now, changing the sound-engine completely and all kind of things so I have many .exe and not sure what is what. but this seems to be the .exe I shared with that picture-fix.

TriRikis

Oct 25, 2020
this is the right now.
the reason of the confusion is because Im working with a lot of stuff right now, changing the sound-engine completely and all kind of things so I have many .exe and not sure what is what. but this seems to be the .exe I shared with that picture-fix.
That worked, thanks.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
np. its not easy to know.
theres a couple of bugs still, those will be fixed in the next "tech-update" in around 2 weeks.

TitanBic

Jan 15, 2020
So.... I want to to like this game, seems like it has a fair bit going for it, but I've never been more frustrated trying to play a game in the first 5m then I have here. I don't even understand what is happening here. So, some quick questions....
  • Am I just a disembodied soul floating around the world? Why? Nothing in the initial story explain even tried to explain this?
  • Why can I only control the camera?
  • Why is the camera/MC's disembodies soul, the only thing I can control, so fucking ridiculously slow? It's like 1/5th(?) of what it feels like it should naturally be... and it makes me want to destroy my PC and never play another game again.
  • Does the author of this work have a personal grudge against people with free time?
  • Why do mobs randomly just stop taking damage when I click on them?
    • Is there a cooldown on my 'attacks'? It doesn't seem that ways, just like the game forgot it was supposed to be doing damage to something when I click it...
    • Author-kun, IDK what you're trying to do with this... umm... 'feature', but if it is a 'feature', there needs to be some form of feedback to the players explaining what they're doing wrong and why things aren't working as they seeming should...
  • Game tells me I need to kill stuff to make the number go down, then go right to find the portal... but even when that's done the portal just doesn't show up. Why?
    • Yeah, I just have to sit around in that spot for a while until the mood strikes the game to allow me to see the next zone? Is this by design?
  • Why does my status clearly say "JOB : Beginner", when the tutorial screen tells me I'm some sorta vampire/emo/'I'm one with the darkness'-class... uhh, these don't match.
*edit**One more for the list...*
  • Why does my game window randomly get a purple boarder, stopping me from both moving and attacking until it goes away?

There is more.. but I've only been on this for 5 min and this is my list of complaints already. Again, sorry if I'm being harsh here, I do want to like this game; seems like it has a lot of content if nothing else... but jesus... portals not showing up and attacks just not working is just too much

So someone please explain to me if I'm doing something wrong here, or if everyone that likes this game just has the patience of a saint?

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
Image1.png
this information u get when u start the game.
its a clicker/idle game. those kind of games is about clicking on monsters to do damage.

u can attack a monster and monsters can attack you. theres cooldowns. but should not take much time to be able to click again.
if u use an external autoclicker, the game will react. u get a purple border telling u are "hammering" the game.

the portals will not show if u are clicking. u need to wait a few seconds for the portal to show. this mechanism is kind of like a RPG game where u need to use a dice to escape. this means, u can not perform any action if u plan to go away. but u can still use the worldmap, that u can use immediately. the same with scrolls and other teleportation means.

each "main" maps require u to survive the time. after that the map is unlocked and u can use worldmap.

u start as "beginner" because u have not taken any job yet. still this is a "story" and u will eventually get a job. but even so, you are already following the "darkness" build. that job doesn't exists in the world, its a unique "job" part of the story. u will later be able to join a guild/job. theres 5 of those. remember u play a story in the maple.x engine. maple.x engine is created to job 5 aventurers jobs, but in KingsFall u are not doing that. try "freemode" if u want to see how it is. (freemode is in alpha-state, like a demo)

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
Had 2 more crash-related problems:
The scroll shop in the domain CTD when trying to buy any scroll with no error prompt.
Picture not found error on multiple quests entries in the quest list:
The Ardyn
The Homestead
When Trust Fails You
Orchid and the Master
The Scientist and the Golems

Again, reinstalling the game did not fix these issues.
everything is now fixed.
- scroll shop was due to the new item-price-calculator. because of the scrolls are "special" they didnt have a unique ID, so it crashed
- pictures was due to a loading bug. this happened when I updated the engine to load .webp.
- that message that showed up, is a leftover when testing the game. also removed.
- the new music-engine is in place, but need more testing. seems to work so far. (this is because of the issues with directsound that seems to cause bugs in windows 10/11, while media foundation is not working properly in 7. the new music-engine should work in all windows)

Reactions: TriRikis
3.40 star(s) 27 Votes