VN Ren'Py KLK Ryûko's Rumble dev thread

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Yes, that's how I want to proceed for the later updates. People who contribute to this project will get early access to the latest build. This doesn't apply for the upcoming first public demo which will have the same release date for everyone.

Two people helped me test the latest build. I asked them because I made a french translation of the game and it needed to be checked. I think I have gathered enough opinions from people over the past few months to be able to release a demo that will please everyone.

It can always be improved, so I'll see the feedback from people after the official release. I'll have quite a bit of free time to take care of it, considering the progress I've made in the past few months. I will be able to post a lot of teasers the days following December 9th.

Here you got WIP chibis.
image (1).png

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Hello everybody.

Just a quick message to inform you that I already uploaded the V 0.1 on my discord server even if I won't start to spread it to the public until tomorrow.

Take it like a small thanks to all the people that followed this thread closely.

Albert757

Aug 17, 2018
I like the concept, an idea that may be of interest:

mini epilogues based on who you lose to, it's a simple idea that could further expand into the characters and what they would do to ryuko. It could be used in place of the (go back to beginning of fight option currently in game.) You could also add romances or something later on with some of the other characters that you meet, (or even past fighters) depending on what you do in the story you romance choices could even benefit you in the long run or lead to certain ends (be they bad or good) for ryuko.

Reactions: Sessoken

aff571

Jun 6, 2017

mini epilogues based on who you lose to, it's a simple idea that could further expand into the characters and what they would do to ryuko. It could be used in place of the (go back to beginning of fight option currently in game.) You could also add romances or something later on with some of the other characters that you meet, (or even past fighters) depending on what you do in the story you romance choices could even benefit you in the long run or lead to certain ends (be they bad or good) for ryuko.
I like this idea as well. However, I would make that a stretch goal with the game.

Reactions: Albert757

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017

I'm currently receiving a lot of suggestions from multiple people.

I'm fine with most of them, but my ressources being limited is sadly still accurate as of today.

To be honest, it's even worse now since I have deadlines. People are expecting me to release updates frequently.

Adding mini epilogues right now would mean slowing the whole development process down.

It doesn't mean I'm skipping the idea, but that's something I can't take into consideration for a while.

Bigsloppa

Dec 8, 2023
I'm currently receiving a lot of suggestions from multiple people.

I'm fine with most of them, but my ressources being limited is sadly still accurate as of today.

To be honest, it's even worse now since I have deadlines. People are expecting me to release updates frequently.

Adding mini epilogues right now would mean slowing the whole development process down.

It doesn't mean I'm skipping the idea, but that's something I can't take into consideration for a while.
Hey man, don't worry about it. I think this is a pretty damn good start all things considered, and I think with a few tweaks this could really be something special. The whole sexfighting space is pretty niche in general, and I appreciate you putting something out there.

Though some of the dialogue could be a touch stilted at times, I think the tone was quite well balanced and you actually managed to get more than a few chuckles out of me. The music was also pretty impressive considering the project and I thought it helped a lot to fill out the scenes.

In terms of criticisms, I do have one. I think that perhaps vocalizations were a touch sparse and didn't really aid in making the sexfighting scene much sexier. I think that a few added moans, maybe a contextual laugh, and possibly a scream to solidify the end of match orgasm would really take this to the next level.

On the subject of suggestions, however, I do have one that might be a touch of personal preference. While I enjoy the fact that there's three separate scenarios for the match, I think that one win scenario and two losses is a bit lopsided. Perhaps a more middle-road path should occupy the third slot, in which there's a more pronounced back and forth. There may then be a second speech check at the end of the scenario that determines if you get the good or bad ending. While having two unique win/loss scenarios for this path would be ideal, I think there's certainly a manner in which you could simply recycle the endings for the other scenarios to decrease the workload. That's just my thoughts. But by all means, keep up the good work! I'll be rooting for you!

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Hey man, don't worry about it. I think this is a pretty damn good start all things considered, and I think with a few tweaks this could really be something special. The whole sexfighting space is pretty niche in general, and I appreciate you putting something out there.

Though some of the dialogue could be a touch stilted at times, I think the tone was quite well balanced and you actually managed to get more than a few chuckles out of me. The music was also pretty impressive considering the project and I thought it helped a lot to fill out the scenes.

In terms of criticisms, I do have one. I think that perhaps vocalizations were a touch sparse and didn't really aid in making the sexfighting scene much sexier. I think that a few added moans, maybe a contextual laugh, and possibly a scream to solidify the end of match orgasm would really take this to the next level.

On the subject of suggestions, however, I do have one that might be a touch of personal preference. While I enjoy the fact that there's three separate scenarios for the match, I think that one win scenario and two losses is a bit lopsided. Perhaps a more middle-road path should occupy the third slot, in which there's a more pronounced back and forth. There may then be a second speech check at the end of the scenario that determines if you get the good or bad ending. While having two unique win/loss scenarios for this path would be ideal, I think there's certainly a manner in which you could simply recycle the endings for the other scenarios to decrease the workload. That's just my thoughts. But by all means, keep up the good work! I'll be rooting for you!
Thanks for the comment. :)

I know that sound effects and vocals are the part of the game on which I have spent the least amount of time.
I started using free assets but I felt like it was terrible, so I bought some packs and commissioned a VA, but my personal sound effects library is not extensive enough at the moment. I need to get more of them.

The upcoming battles will indeed be somewhat reworked, although it won't happen right away. It's especially the next 'major battle' that will need to be approached differently, especially since it has to be more intricate than the first one.

Reactions: Feyd and Karloman

Kai956

Jun 15, 2017
A kill la kill fem protag lesbian game??? Shut up and take my money. I will keep a very close eye on this one

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
In case you missed it, I set a release date for next update:

It was a nice idea to have a lot of additionnal content ready at launch. The first update is going smoothly.

Now I need to get better at advertising because I have the feeling I'm missing something there.

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
In case you missed it, I set a release date for next update:

It was a nice idea to have a lot of additionnal content ready at launch. The first update is going smoothly.

Now I need to get better at advertising because I have the feeling I'm missing something there.
Cool ! Je viens tout juste de m'abonner à ton Patreon !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cool ! I just subscribed to your Patreon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thecatbred

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
The V0.2 update is available on Patreon and Subscribestar for people subscribing to the Club Captain / President / Troublemaker tiers.

Check the links right below:

It will be available for the Student tier on February 29th and for everyone on March 13th

See you soon!

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Hello everyone!

The V0.2 update is available on Patreon and Subscribestar for people subscribing to the Student tier (3$) and higher.

Check the links right below:

It will be available for everyone on March 13th for free!

See you next time!

JEQU

Dec 9, 2021
Hey, just checking in, hows everything going? i see the games come out, and is even updating! im proud of you Gwedelino

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Hey, just checking in, hows everything going? i see the games come out, and is even updating! im proud of you Gwedelino
Thanks for asking!

I am quite satisfied with the launch of my game, even if, in hindsight, I realize that some things could have been done better.
Most of the feedback is positive. I have a few things to improve, especially writing and combat.

Now I'm trying to advance the game development at a steady pace. I'd like to be able to release an update every 3 or 4 months. It's all about finding the right balance between art production and story development. It will be more difficult when some art-costly updates will have to be released.

I'm slowly building a community around this project. I'm trying to make it known to more and more people. I recently understood the importance of itch.io, and it it's now a better place for me to communicate about my game.

I'm also trying to improve monetization as I would like to add animations to my game. This is something unaffordable right now.

So everything is going well right now. I think I'm on the right track. I'm looking forward to December 2024 to make a first major assessment one year after the game's launch.