VN Ren'Py KLK Ryûko's Rumble dev thread

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I got a bunch of free time next week idm proofreading your script if you want
Thank you for your suggestion, but if I want to do it right I'll be looking for long-term cooperation.
I'll be looking for someone who's available to do it every month.
I'll probably have to test a few people and give them something in return.

Talon31

Feb 15, 2023
oh I see. well was just throwing it out there btw how much of the dialog has been done or is it too early to tell when the finish line would be?

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
oh I see. well was just throwing it out there btw how much of the dialog has been done or is it too early to tell when the finish line would be?
I'm not sure I understand what you want to ask me, but here's where things stand today.

- The whole script for the initial release is completed since some people had the opportunity to playtest it. It will need a few adjustments.

- The whole script for the first update following the initial release is also completed, It has already been proofread once, but only by one person.

- The script for the 2nd update is about 1/3 done. Nobody proofread it yet.

- Rest is on my storyboard but isn't written yet.

Is that what you wanted to know ?

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Reposting it from my discord server, but yes I thing adding comic pages to bring more illustrations to in-game fights will works really well.

I just received a very early WIP from my main artist for the very first comic page I plan to add in my game.

image-3.png

Just need to work a bit on transitions and layout and it should be nice.

I think I will keep a main illustration as a blurry background and I will make each box of the comic pop up one after another to match the text.

Then the game will switch to regular fullscreen CGS once the fight goes wild.

I need to repeat that for each fight outcome. It's way cheaper to proceed that way.

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty nice. I believe Ren'py has 'shaking' effects to add to the dynamism (when a character hits a rope, for example). :)

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Pretty nice. I believe Ren'py has 'shaking' effects to add to the dynamism (when a character hits a rope, for example). :)
Yes, Ren'Py has a lot of default transitions, and it's even possible to create customs transitions.

It won't be difficult to find something fitting.

Heracullum

Aug 7, 2018
I'm not sure I understand what you want to ask me, but here's where things stand today.

- The whole script for the initial release is completed since some people had the opportunity to playtest it. It will need a few adjustments.

- The whole script for the first update following the initial release is also completed, It has already been proofread once, but only by one person.

- The script for the 2nd update is about 1/3 done. Nobody proofread it yet.

- Rest is on my storyboard but isn't written yet.

Is that what you wanted to know ?
I can proof read I'm available

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Hello everyone.

I'm a bit curious about what caught the interest of people who are following this thread, and I need to get more clues about this.

Would you like to take part in this survey?
It's only 1 question, and you don't need to register.

My thanks.

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Hello everyone.

I'm a bit curious about what caught the interest of people who are following this thread, and I need to get more clues about this.

Would you like to take part in this survey?
It's only 1 question, and you don't need to register.

My thanks.
Les 3 en même temps ! :cool:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All 3 at the same time ! :cool:

Last edited:

JEQU

Dec 9, 2021
Ive been watching this project for like a few months to a year i think. im surprised how far you've come and im proud of you :) ( if that means anything)

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
It's been almost a day since I posted the survey and I've already had quite a few responses.

I'm a bit surprised by the current trend, but at least it allows me to discover things I hadn't thought of.

Here are a few preview pictures to thank you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

WitheredTulip

Jun 19, 2022
Ive been watching this project for like a few months to a year i think. im surprised how far you've come and im proud of you :) ( if that means anything)
Fr. Games this ambitious tend to get stuck in development and abandoned. But apparently not posting and instead committing to it with the community's support breaks that curse.

Can't wait for this game.

Reactions: Envy*

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
It's been almost a day since I posted the survey and I've already had quite a few responses.

I'm a bit surprised by the current trend, but at least it allows me to discover things I hadn't thought of.

Here are a few preview pictures to thank you.

Im for fourth option - I like the look of the protoganist. Never liked Kill La Kill to the point that I shut down it on the first episode. But I often stumbled on r34 art and animations with main heroine and it was very sexy. I really like the heroine's appearance. Also, having had the opportunity to play a lot of parody games, even those with universes I'm not familiar with, I've noticed that authors often make up a lot of their own, and I end up liking their parodies. Sometimes even more than the original, if I'm familiar with it. So I'm following your work with interest, as I like the art and interesting sex mechanics.

Reactions: Hatler

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
It's been three weeks since I posted any updates. I think it's time for another one.

You may have seen that the banner on the front page of this topic was changed.
I've received a lot of feedback telling me that the previous banner wasn't NSFW enough and that it could be a bit ambiguous since KLK is not a very SFW fandom. I think the new banner leaves no room for interpretation.

Previous banner:
Signature_final_3.png

New banner :
Signature_final_5.png

About the game's development, everything's going well. I'm either ahead of schedule or on time.
I only need to get two more things done before I can post the first public build :

- Get the last artworks I need
- Rework a bit the notebook/diary system, which is currently a bit nightmarish.

I'm way ahead of schedule on the script, and I've already completed quite a bit of content for the next two updates following the first public release. Most of the negative points raised during the playtest phase have also been corrected. It's not perfect, but at least I'm sure it's better than before.

I'm still a bit worried about being able to make a French version of the game throughout the whole development process.
Getting a French version at release won't be too difficult, as I've managed my schedule pretty well.

The end of the year will be a little slower, especially on the art side. I always have more expenses at this time of the year to cover my daily life needs so I must reduce the number of art pieces I commissions.

My apologies if I don't show you much as I prefer not to spoil the most important artworks. I've only posted very rough sketches recently. I now have a second person helping me in the creative process to improve the overall quality of art.

You still get a WIP of a new original character :

I think this one will be really popular. :)

To conclude this post, I would like to say that unless something cataclysmic occurs, the release date of the first public build will be EARLY DECEMBER.

You can expect something like between the 5th and the 10th of December.

That's all.