VN Ren'Py KLK Ryûko's Rumble dev thread

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Signature_final_5.png
Hello everybody.

I'm currently working on my very first game. I will use this thread to document my progress and keep you informed about when the time of a first release will come

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

1) Story
The story of this game is an alternative sequel to the official animated series. Having watched the official anime is not mandatory if you want to play this game, however you should keep in mind that this game will spoil some major plots of the original media.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Satsuki / Ryûko
Ryuko & Satsuki Vs Ragyo fighting scene_JPG.jpg

2) Game mechanics
This game will be a visual novel that focus on choices and characters.

You will have to both investigate Satsuki's plans and progress through each round of the sexfight tournament.
Fights will be choice-based, no minigames are planned.

You will be able to build relationships with key characters, all original and especially created for this game.
Getting close to them will allow you to unlock new options during fight but also some extra NSFW content.

But since the tournament is above everything else, competition won't allow you to ally with everyone. Your choices will matter.

3) Content and tags

Female Protagonist / Lesbian / Romance / Female Domination / Exhibition / Humiliation / Bondage / Spanking / BDSM
This game will have a huge focus on sexfight and yuri content. Around 90 % of this game's content will be yuri and pure yuri routes will be possible. More content could be added later in the game, but nothing will prevent this game to emphasize on yuri and sexfight. straight and rape content will be avoidable.

I'm also planning to let you make your full-girl only harem of course. :devilish:

4) Ingame Screenshots

Visuals

12.png

Screen 3.png Screen 4.png
15 ryuko omiko scissorring.png
10.png
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

5) Video

6) Schedule
The first release of this game is planned for the end of 2023.

7) Media

Last edited:

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Everything is going good so far.

But that's only the very beginning, so it's no surprise to be that enthusiastic, weariness hadn't had time to set in yet.

I'm making really good progress with my script.

To be honest Ren'py feels more like a text editor than a visual novel maker software for me right now, but that's mostly because my project doesn't require me to use Ren'py's full potential yet. It's always better to start low than to have excessive ambitions.

I'm now reaching the point in which I have to write my very first sex scene.
This will require special care and it means for me less writing, and more research about writing sexy content.
I'm used to write a lot, but not that kind of content.

I would like to have an original soundtrack, but Kill La Kill OST is sooooo good.
I think the best solution will be a mixed one.
Will see how much it cost to get some original music in my game.

Last good news is that I can finally start to replace placeholder art by original art.

I really like how it looks like for now.

Bonus : You got a sneak peek.

image.png

Yeah, I still need more face expressions to Ryuko's sprite.
Thanks to all the artist that are helping me on this project. :D

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I won't bump this thread as often in the future but I got new content. So let's go.

Currently doing research about improving my writing for sexy content.

I'm doing some test regarding art in my game and how it should look like.

I'm sharing it since it's just a try and that this very picture won't be implemented into the game. I will keep most of the art secret.

I don't mind receiving your opinion. Illustration.jpg

Last edited:

Rosvos86

Feb 19, 2019
Wow your game seems really nice! I'll look forward for more progress, these types of games are really really rare! I suggest you making a post in these threads: this one (lezdom only oriented) and this one (lezdom/femdom). I'm sure other people will like your ideas.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Wow your game seems really nice! I'll look forward for more progress, these types of games are really really rare! I suggest you making a post in these threads: this one (lezdom only oriented) and this one (lezdom/femdom). I'm sure other people will like your ideas.
Thanks for the advice, but I will wait a bit before doing any promotion since I'm still at a very early stage of development.

I think I would be able to deliver a 0.1 featuring the prologue and the very first fight in August, but this would be done with still a lot of missing art.

I would like to give my game a better look for it's first release, and I'm aiming at November to deliver something really convincing.

After that, getting a lot of review and opinions would be really important in order to find out what can be improved.

Non Player

May 27, 2019
I have read the logs you have, and they sound pretty promising. I have bookmarked and watched this page to receive updates, good luck on the project!

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Time for another entry regarding this log.

I planned on more writing last week-end but I finally spent my time working on visual and sound effects.

I didn't find a database for Kill La Kill animated series so I got to improvise. I will probably record everything myself.

I got another people that offered me his help regarding proofreading my script.

Regarding art :

- All of Ryuko's sprites are finished.
- Satsuki's sprite are now under work.
- Another background is under work.
- The main menu visual is also being worked on.

My plan for this week is to get all the missing sounds effects and to get back to writing. I would like to have the first fight completed until next Monday.

That's all.

yeabo

Jan 24, 2022
The art looks really impressive! Keep up the great work and don't get burned out, take a break when you need to!

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Here comes the report of my last week.

1) Work done

I spent a lot of time working on sound effects again, but this time I managed to keep some free time for writing.
I didn't manage to reach my goal, but that's mostly because my eyes were bigger than my belly.

Overall I'm kinda happy with the amount of work I dealt with this week.

My current build is around 30/35 minutes of game time (nearly 8000 words).
I want to at least have twice as much for my very first release and at most 90 minutes of game content would be best.

My very first sex scenes are now fully written. I am very satisfied with what I managed to produce even if it will need a lot of proofreading. I struggle a bit to find people regarding that.

However, I don't think I will release a first build of the game this year.
It could realistically be done around october/november with all sprites and backgrounds assets finished, but It would lack art for everything else and I'm against this.

2) Game mechanics

Now it's time to talk about where I want my game to go.

I'm pretty sure I will give up on the corruption system since it will become more of a burden than anything else to me.
I'm definitely switching it with the club's captains system.

To explain it more deeply, since the main kink of my game is sexfight, my scenario revolves around a tournament.

Between each stage of this tournament, your protagonist (Ryuko) will be able to bond relationships and to find allies.
Those allies will be club's captains.

The player will have to make choices since it won't be possible to ally with all the club's captains. Some of them will even be mutually exclusive, locking and unlocking some specific content of the game.

In addition to your everyday school life scenes with your captains (including XXX life scenes of course), you will also be able to earn clues and skills that will allow you to unlock additional options in combat.

These combats are very simple as they are choice based and require you to take the good route to win the fight.

Some club captains will unlock for you new choices during the fights and will therefore add more victorious routes.
It will of course still be possible to win every fight even if you missed a captain, but it also means that you will miss some content of the game.

Quick example :

1) One of your opponents is very small sized but very tricky. Her tactic is to bring Ryuko to the ground, immobilize her and to finger her until climax.

2) The usual tactic would be to corner her cautiously and then to overpower her. It would make you get a scene in which Ryuko fingers her opponent while holding her on her shoulder.

3) However if you managed to recruit the captain that focus on training your sexual endurance, you could also decide to bait this opponent by letting yourself get to the ground and engage in a 69 you will win because you trained your sexual endurance.

The first combat is rather simple for now, it's three options with two leading to defeat and one leading to victory. Clues about how to win the fight are given beforehand and need the player to read carefully.

But it will start to become more complex from the second fight

I don't like extreme content regarding sexfight/wrestling/boxing but I don't want to exclude it completely.
So there will be some mild violence (no gore / no blood / no hard pain) and a lot of sex.

Fights could be summarized like that :

1) Use some violence to take an advantage on your opponent.
2) Then focus on sex to make her climax
3) Then you get a "humiliation round" as a reward or punishment depending if you won or lost.

Opponents will have different approaches depending on their personality regarding this last point.
Some of them will prefer to use their defeated opponent to release their urges while others will simply want to punish the loser.

3) Sneak peek

Got Satsuki's sprite. don't tell her I got this picture from her.

kiryuin satsuki naked standard.png

That's all.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Another week, another report.

1) Work done

This week has been kinda harsh regarding my daily job, so I didn't do much.
But that doesn't mean nothing has been done and I think that's overall a good week of progress regarding all the work I had to do in the meantime.

I managed to add around 2400 words to my script. The very first fight is about 60 % finished now and is going under proofreading. I will surely be able to finish everything during the next month, as it will be quieter for me to focus on my game.

Main fetish featured within this fight, with the mandatory Yuri + Sexfight + Female domination will be exhibition + spanking.

When this fight will be finished, I will probably reach something like 14000 words. It might look enough for a V 0.1, but to be honest I don't think that's a lot of content since the very first fight has 3 different routes and 2 ending, meaning you can miss 60 % of the content if you simply pick the winning route.

Regarding this, I know how people works, and when I will add a gallery to my game, I will follow one simple rules :

1) You lose a fight ? You unlock all the scenes but just from the losing route you took.
2) You win a fight ? You unlock ALL the scenes from every route.

My main goal is currently to end the V0.1 right before the second fight, which means introducing the first 2 club's captains, some daily routines, and progressing more into the story. It would probably mean for my script to reach something like 25 000 words.

2) Art.

I have good news and bad news.

Good news :

- At the beginning of the next month, we are going full power regarding CGs for my game.
- I'm getting more and more sprite at a steady rate. I really like them, but I will stop teasing them since I don't want to spoil too much of my game.

Bad news :

- I tried new things regarding art, but sadly it missed the point. Here is a scene which won't make it into the game. I prefer to go with another style, the one shown in a previous post.
Illustration48.png

- I'm becoming more and more dubious regarding Background. I don't know if they look "cheap" compared to the rest of the art I showed to you. I coud try to look for another artist, but it would probably delay everything for at least 1 month.
Here is some samples. I'm open to any opinion.
Hetzer_Commission.jpg
Hetzer_Commission_2.jpg
That's all for this week.

Shaaju

May 26, 2021
I personally really loved the kill la kill and i am loving the fact that someone took time and is creating such a great game
Thank you!
Secondly I'd like to ask because this game is a 'fight' game and lezdom stuff so it has to have alot of spanking right? I would personally love to spank the female characters or see our MC getting spanked by them. But it's all upto how you decide to make it. We are all waiting for ur game and thanks again for making this game

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I personally really loved the kill la kill and i am loving the fact that someone took time and is creating such a great game
Thank you!
Secondly I'd like to ask because this game is a 'fight' game and lezdom stuff so it has to have alot of spanking right? I would personally love to spank the female characters or see our MC getting spanked by them. But it's all upto how you decide to make it. We are all waiting for ur game and thanks again for making this game
I wouldn't say "a lot" of spanking since not every scene will include that fetish, but it's still something that will be seen in several scenes of my game. As an example for the very first fight, spanking is included out of 2 of the 5 planned scenes with one scene that really has a specific focus on this fetish.

Regarding characters, Ryuko is a hot-headed personality, always prone to fight, but she's not sadistic.
So scenes including having Ryuko performing as a dom will always be softer than the scenes in which she's the sub.
This will especially be true at the beginning of the game, as I will try to have Ryuko become more and more aggressive the more shs's progressing through the tournament.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Hmmmmm... 2017, this actually looked hella good, so sad it is probably abandoned.
2017 is my date of registration on this site, this topic is from 2022.
I can guarantee you this game is still under-development.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DP57

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Looks like it's time for another weekly report. This one is going to be a bit short.

1) Work done

It was probably my busiest week regarding work so I couldn't make a lot of progress.
I managed to add around roughly 1000 words to my script.

But my current script is still way ahead of everything else so it's fine + I will have way less pressure regarding my real work for the upcoming weeks.

The very first fight is now 80 % finished. I will certainly be able to complete it next week so I can start working on another scene.

2) Art.

- Third character sprite is now finished.
- The very first CG is being worked on.

My apologies if you won't see much teaser for now, but I think it's better to keep some art secret.

Reactions: yeabo and Rosvos86

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I updated my first post because it really was a mess and added some new sprites as a teaser.

Deleted member 5189987

Developer of Amborella
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2022
If you don't mind, I will use this development thread for inspiration. You clearly describe your upcoming plans, and the current progress. I never watched the anime, but the artwork looks great.

The backgrounds are fine, I would not replace them. Not only will cost it mork work (and possibly money if you commission someone), the background looks nice and it's more important to have good sprite art and scenes.

I look forward to more progress posts. Good luck to you, fellow developer!

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
If you don't mind, I will use this development thread for inspiration. You clearly describe your upcoming plans, and the current progress. I never watched the anime, but the artwork looks great.

The backgrounds are fine, I would not replace them. Not only will cost it mork work (and possibly money if you commission someone), the background looks nice and it's more important to have good sprite art and scenes.

I look forward to more progress posts. Good luck to you, fellow developer!
No problem, I also took inspiration from some other dev thread

Thank you for your advices.