excelladour

May 7, 2020
Since sunshine is set on an island, the game has more "summer" and "beach" clothing.
You can make do with the mod in Koikatsu.

The greatest difference are :

1) 4 more personalities in sunshine
2) different setting (summer island vs school - School got the teacher, island got a local tourist guide)
3) Friendship increase is more complicated in Sunshine since you need to find discussion topic and use the right ones with each girls when you talk with them to get closer.

Is you just care about creating characters and not playing the game, you don't need Sunshine. Base game + community mods should offer more posibilities.

But Sunshine cards and koiksatu card are differents, because they don't have the same clothes slot. They made Sunshine able to convert koikatsu card, but the opposite don't work.
Thank you for the reply and info. Looks like I won't be getting the dlc then. Cheers m8

nanpkin

May 12, 2020
hi didn't see if anyone else had the same problem as me
me and a friend both downloaded koikatsu sunshine repack for the first time and i used a torrent to download. once it finished and i opened it up i was significantly missing a lot of files such as mods, poses and h scene positions as compared to my friend in which they had a lot more options. I only noticed this when they sent me a character they made and the outfit they use didn't work and game said i was missing several mods.

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
hi didn't see if anyone else had the same problem as me
me and a friend both downloaded koikatsu sunshine repack for the first time and i used a torrent to download. once it finished and i opened it up i was significantly missing a lot of files such as mods, poses and h scene positions as compared to my friend in which they had a lot more options. I only noticed this when they sent me a character they made and the outfit they use didn't work and game said i was missing several mods.
The download file here came pre packed with the official DLC, fan translating patch and lot of mods & cards.

Lot of torrent or direct download just came with the vanilla game (no mods).

If you downloaded an old version of better repack, you can go to his site to grab update patch (which will add mods). But if it's another uploader torrent, you either have to find and download & install all the mods - or download again a new pre patched version.

Also, there tons of mods around. Even with all the mods in better repack, a lot of card shared need extra mods.

Dimbrighter

Nov 4, 2018
Studio won't load for me, it just stays on the start screen. I tried to update everything with KKManager but that didn't help. does anyone have any advice?

nanpkin

May 12, 2020
The download file here came pre packed with the official DLC, fan translating patch and lot of mods & cards.

Lot of torrent or direct download just came with the vanilla game (no mods).

If you downloaded an old version of better repack, you can go to his site to grab update patch (which will add mods). But if it's another uploader torrent, you either have to find and download & install all the mods - or download again a new pre patched version.

Also, there tons of mods around. Even with all the mods in better repack, a lot of card shared need extra mods.
I'm sorry I don't understand?

I downloaded it from here:
and downloaded the 8th release full pack.
My friend and I downloaded it same method, which was the Nyaa torrent magnet option. We both also didn't download the optional side loader. But our copies of the game are different, as my copy is missing several zipmods that my friend's copy of the game has and neither of us added any additional mods. I'm not sure if I am missing any plugins though.
I'm not sure why it is like that. I even reinstalled it via torrent method again from the better repack site and the game was still the same.

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
I'm sorry I don't understand?

I downloaded it from here:
and downloaded the 8th release full pack.
My friend and I downloaded it same method, which was the Nyaa torrent magnet option. We both also didn't download the optional side loader. But our copies of the game are different, as my copy is missing several zipmods that my friend's copy of the game has and neither of us added any additional mods. I'm not sure if I am missing any plugins though.
I'm not sure why it is like that. I even reinstalled it via torrent method again from the better repack site and the game was still the same.

In the folder you downloaded, there an exe to turn back the game to vanilla - You didn't use it accidentaly ?
Second, when you start the menu, there some option on the left. There disabling the NSFW content, and a few mod selecting case. And more importantly, 2 icon: update (download extra mod and update mods), and (kk) manager, which is use to manage some of hte game content.

Bettter check you and your friend did the same things. Maybe your friend updated the content and didn't mentionned it because updating something is so natural to him he didn't though it worth mentionning ?

ViolentGlory

Jun 7, 2020
Just checked this new update out. New positions! And guess what? We can eat pussy now! Including 69! It's so fucking hot. This latest update really makes this game one of, if not THE, best.
how did you manage to work 69 position in the game? I just updated mine and its jsut switch to a regular bj

Mg42gun

Jun 6, 2018
In the folder you downloaded, there an exe to turn back the game to vanilla - You didn't use it accidentaly ?
Second, when you start the menu, there some option on the left. There disabling the NSFW content, and a few mod selecting case. And more importantly, 2 icon: update (download extra mod and update mods), and (kk) manager, which is use to manage some of hte game content.

Bettter check you and your friend did the same things. Maybe your friend updated the content and didn't mentionned it because updating something is so natural to him he didn't though it worth mentionning ?
just asking, if i want to add KKS extension DLC can i get patch link to updating my older version of the game or i forced to redownload the game for the DLC?

JupitersSon

Mar 9, 2020
how did you manage to work 69 position in the game? I just updated mine and its jsut switch to a regular bj
It's under service > mouth > 69. You can activate all positions through the cheat menu. I forgot what the default key for that is as I change mine but you can get to it via configuration options then go to the bottom menu choice on the left. If you have the option there and you select it but it still doesn't work, create a completely fresh install and see if that helps.

Screenshot 2023-04-15 191344.png

ViolentGlory

Jun 7, 2020
It's under service > mouth > 69. You can activate all positions through the cheat menu. I forgot what the default key for that is as I change mine but you can get to it via configuration options then go to the bottom menu choice on the left. If you have the option there and you select it but it still doesn't work, create a completely fresh install and see if that helps.

View attachment 2548551
ok ill try it, thank you for the reply, it also can be because of the girls sex experience :)

Jhon117

Jun 27, 2017
There are too many mods in this release, one folder alone has 21GB worth of mods, and all the characters I happen to have require all those 21GB to look right, and not just me saying it, KKManager says it as well.

So the game crashes cause it reaches 100% memory usage and it can't, and yet what I want to play requires all those mods....so what I'm limited to 1 character out of 100 that can be outside at any one time? This release is unplayable.

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
There are too many mods in this release, one folder alone has 21GB worth of mods, and all the characters I happen to have require all those 21GB to look right, and not just me saying it, KKManager says it as well.

So the game crashes cause it reaches 100% memory usage and it can't, and yet what I want to play requires all those mods....so what I'm limited to 1 character out of 100 that can be outside at any one time? This release is unplayable.
Only solution (before getting a better PC), is lowering the graphic settings.
Go and seduce the girls and play the game in lowest setting.... put them higher to H the girls in Free H mode.....

Illusion never bother to really optimize their game, plus tons of mods interacting... yeah, anyone can see the result coming....

Jhon117

Jun 27, 2017
Only solution (before getting a better PC), is lowering the graphic settings.
Go and seduce the girls and play the game in lowest setting.... put them higher to H the girls in Free H mode.....

Illusion never bother to really optimize their game, plus tons of mods interacting... yeah, anyone can see the result coming....
I spent 4 hours yesterday well into 5am using the KK manager to export a list of the selected cards, of all the needed mods, becaue I had removed the mods from the game folder.
I then went one by one and found the mods(some were tricky to find since the export list gave me an internal name of the manifest file of the mod, not the name of the zipfile itself) and moved the actually needed mods to "my mods" folder in mods.

I downsized the original 21GB that I was led to believe I needed, to 3.9 GB, along with the other mods, the total is roughly 8 or 9 GB. Now the issue is that there are 4 zip files I have to deal with still. Three zip files are missing, and 1 zip file says is outdated, I thought the betterrepack website was up to date but I guess not(I downloaded some from there cause I was having a hard time finding the mods at times and I got a few from posting the name in the internet and it took me to that site).

What I'm doing now, is that for those 4 mods, just in case I deleted them by accident before or something didn't download right. I'm going to redownload the files from here and then find the mods I need. That one saying that it is out of date is weird cause I don't remember seeing that report in-game the first time.

What I'm missing is:
nashi.Panties.ver1
nashi_ao_inmou <---used the KK Manager to find them, just realized I could use the search bar and it took me directly
roie.WBScarf

and what is apparently out-dated is:
moderchan.AhogeNoShake <--- last thing to fix

EDIT2: got it all to work now, at max settings I can handle 25 people at a time before it hits 100% memory, it was at like 90%(I have 16GB and Windows 11), the FPS, I assume is at 25 or 28, I'll probably lower it to 20 people to get above 30 fps

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I spent 4 hours yesterday well into 5am using the KK manager to export a list of the selected cards, of all the needed mods, becaue I had removed the mods from the game folder.
I then went one by one and found the mods(some were tricky to find since the export list gave me an internal name of the manifest file of the mod, not the name of the zipfile itself) and moved the actually needed mods to "my mods" folder in mods.

I downsized the original 21GB that I was led to believe I needed, to 3.9 GB, along with the other mods, the total is roughly 8 or 9 GB. Now the issue is that there are 4 zip files I have to deal with still. Three zip files are missing, and 1 zip file says is outdated, I thought the betterrepack website was up to date but I guess not(I downloaded some from there cause I was having a hard time finding the mods at times and I got a few from posting the name in the internet and it took me to that site).

What I'm doing now, is that for those 4 mods, just in case I deleted them by accident before or something didn't download right. I'm going to redownload the files from here and then find the mods I need. That one saying that it is out of date is weird cause I don't remember seeing that report in-game the first time.

What I'm missing is:
nashi.Panties.ver1
nashi_ao_inmou <---used the KK Manager to find them, just realized I could use the search bar and it took me directly
roie.WBScarf

and what is apparently out-dated is:
moderchan.AhogeNoShake <--- last thing to fix

EDIT2: got it all to work now, at max settings I can handle 25 people at a time before it hits 100% memory, it was at like 90%(I have 16GB and Windows 11), the FPS, I assume is at 25 or 28, I'll probably lower it to 20 people to get above 30 fps
With that much RAM, you should be able to handle the game no problem unmodded, this performance thing is definitely mod related as the mods tend to raise the hardware requirements the game already had. Illusion games tend to be optimized in a way that relies totally on RAM to allow computers without dedicated graphics to play.

Example, I have a 24GB DDR4 RAM main computer myself and can run a full capacity game with lower settings or a more or less 35 girl game at max settings with all Better Repack preinstalled mods while my backup potato with only 8GB of DDR3 RAM can only run 15 girls at low settings with no mods.

The biggest culprit in terms of mod performance issues is usually one that forces the girls to use the high poly model they have for talking and sex while walking to allow mod clothing to be seen while walking since mod clothing does not have a low poly model. The mod is called ForceHighPoly. I would suggest checking to make sure it is disabled.

Reactions: bwebrwkerw

Ludibrium

Feb 23, 2021
Is there some kind of instantly make stuff look good filter for KKS the way there's DHH and GraphicsMod for HS2?

Also, any way to minimize spiky angles? I assume it happens from being low poly or something, like tits won't be round and instead jagged when made huge.

Jhon117

Jun 27, 2017
With that much RAM, you should be able to handle the game no problem unmodded, this performance thing is definitely mod related as the mods tend to raise the hardware requirements the game already had. Illusion games tend to be optimized in a way that relies totally on RAM to allow computers without dedicated graphics to play.

Example, I have a 24GB DDR4 RAM main computer myself and can run a full capacity game with lower settings or a more or less 35 girl game at max settings with all Better Repack preinstalled mods while my backup potato with only 8GB of DDR3 RAM can only run 15 girls at low settings with no mods.

The biggest culprit in terms of mod performance issues is usually one that forces the girls to use the high poly model they have for talking and sex while walking to allow mod clothing to be seen while walking since mod clothing does not have a low poly model. The mod is called ForceHighPoly. I would suggest checking to make sure it is disabled.
I still get a crash sometimes when heading out, I have affinity with first two cores turned off and priority high,otherwise forget it, but even then sometimes there's a crash, will do as you said

Reactions: alex2011
2.80 star(s) 16 Votes