Cheat Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Lab Rats 2 - Cheat Menu [v3.4] [Trollden]

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Tried to use the experimental build with newest version and just errors everywhere when trying to access the cheat menu. I know that doesn't help with fixing them but when I hit ignore 20+ times before deciding to close the game I can tell it's probably a ways off. I suppose I can upload the log but was slightly modifying the txt to remove some info (user name and such) but that's gonna take time and I wish I knew a command to just replace specific text with something else as I was just using ctrl+f to and ctrl+v to replace the text that is there but that's gonna take awhile considering the amount of lines ( I don't know how to look see how many there are but it's a lot). on a side note you could jsut do the same. and receive a log yourself so me doing it seems irrelevant.
Hey, I have updated the mod and put in a way that should consistently prevent any errors.
Note that it defaults to the character "Lily" if no characters are present, let me know if that is super annoying or an okay workaround. ( I will continue looking for a better way, but might be lower down on the list if it is no longer in a critical state )

I also don't have time to do extensive play testing with the mod, so as usual I appreciate if you let me know of any errors arising.

I have also updated the amount of clicks vs effect on most of the buttons.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Can you add back the final tier research
If you use the experimental version of the mod and go into the "Company" menu, then Research setting the Research Tier to 3 or higher should allow you to research the final tiers.

I might have misunderstood your question though.
Let me know.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Not having any issues with the mod now. took me a second to realize that I needed to talk to the girl and not just have her in the room before I can modify her stats.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Not having any issues with the mod now. took me a second to realize that I needed to talk to the girl and not just have her in the room before I can modify her stats.
Yeah, I think I am going to rename "Other Characters" to be the name of the character you are editing
e.g "Edit: [the_person.name]"
Reason you have to talk to someone before editing is because I want you to be able to edit characters that pop up in random crisis / events as well without having to put in specific code to allow that.

Working on adding buttons to the company tab right now so you can change the company's efficiency, supplies and marketability ( how much you can sell a serum for and how many at a time ).

I want to make it so you can unlock all the traits by hitting a button, but Vren says he is going to rework the whole serum system so I'll wait with that.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
yeah, I kinda wish he'd have more unique models for characters from the first game but doing so would hurt his initial idea of having the game fully customizable. I typically change Lily's face cause the base one doesn't fit.

Reactions: jimdandy

Alex Mars

Mar 3, 2019
Love your mod, it's a necessity with those early builds. Small glitch: With your mod enabled the small navigation bar at the bottom (history, back etc.) disappears. Commenting out line 29 (config.console) seems to fix this. Maybe just a problem with my machine. Anyway, thanks for your work!

Cheers, Alex

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Love your mod, it's a necessity with those early builds. Small glitch: With your mod enabled the small navigation bar at the bottom (history, back etc.) disappears. Commenting out line 29 (config.console) seems to fix this. Maybe just a problem with my machine. Anyway, thanks for your work!

Cheers, Alex
Glad you like it.
I wasn't aware that those buttons would disappear as I haven't really paid any notice to them, but it seems that they are indented to be hidden when console = True.

There probably is a way to circumvent this, but then I would have to look through how renpy is coded and not only the game, so I think I'll leave it as it is seeing as you figured a workaround yourself.

Alex Mars

Mar 3, 2019
I wasn't aware that those buttons would disappear as I haven't really paid any notice to them, but it seems that they are indented to be hidden when console = True.
Yeah, if you enable the console in 00console.rpy the buttons stay. Seems like an Engine quirk.

Cheers, Alex

Reactions: jimdandy

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Updated to version 3.3 with a new tab under "World" that allows you to trigger any of the crisis and events in the game, let me know if you don't find a specific event there and if it crashes the game ( other errors may arise if certain requirements are not met, no way for me to fix that with this mod so just hit rollback and try to meet the requirements first )

Reactions: The Grifter

Lazarus37

Jan 25, 2018
Just installed this on 14.1, and if you use it to modify stats, it changes them to 1001, 1002, 1003, etc, which immediately leads to super spending (thousands in supplies) and then they are unhappy and quit within 2 turns.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Just installed this on 14.1, and if you use it to modify stats, it changes them to 1001, 1002, 1003, etc, which immediately leads to super spending (thousands in supplies) and then they are unhappy and quit within 2 turns.
Yes, there isn't much I can do about that without altering the game code as it calculates salary expectation based on their skill level and if the salary expectation is not met they will become unhappy and attempt to quit, but as long as you give them what they ask for in pay there is nothing to worry about.

Instead of increasing the employees work skill you could instead increase the efficiency of the company and the marketability as that should not affect their personal demands and at the same time increases overall production for all departments by e.g 10x if it is at 1000%.

I could look more into the code and see if there is a way to set the salary of the employee to what they expect to be paid ( this will be in the thousands each day due to their high work skills ), but at the same time increase the daily income of the business by that amount so it evens to $0.

Lazarus37

Jan 25, 2018
Thanks - I just modified your mod so that instead of increasing a thousand fold, it just increases by single points.

Reactions: Dboss

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
I'll be making a new pass on the numbers later on. With the addition of the ability to increase company efficiency there is really no need to have a ton of work skill on the player or the employees.
I also found out I can add a modifier key e.g "Shift + Mouse Click" so that I can keep it single numbers on the normal clicks and add a multiplier e.g 1000x on a shift click.

I think having singular increase in stats by default should be the norm as they can be used to trigger events.
e.g player has gotten 9 Intelligence and it now triggers an event that is required for the event at 10 Intelligence.

Having the option for both without any further adjustments from me or the player should satisfy the needs most people have.
I for example use it mainly for debugging so skipping any trigger in between 1 and 1001 needs to change.

Not sure if I'll be making that change before or after the next release where the serum system is reworked unless I find something semi- substantial ready to add. ( or a game breaking bug that needs to be fixed )

Sharkley123

Mar 14, 2019
About when is the earliest in a playthrough should i use this? (as in can i use it right when in the game proper?

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
About when is the earliest in a playthrough should i use this? (as in can i use it right when in the game proper?
You should be able to use it right after you are done with the character creation and have entered the actual game ( where you can move around, talk to people e.g).