Cheat Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Lab Rats 2 - Cheat Menu [v3.4] [Trollden]

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Small update with a couple of new features.

v 3.4
Added the new crisis events to the crisis trigger list.

In the Company Cheat Menu:
- Added the ability to unlock all serum traits (will work for traits added by mods too).
- Added the ability to unlock all company policies (will work with policies from mods too).
- Hotfixed to now run on_buy_functions properly.
- Added the ability to control the wages of all employees in the form of a "Underpay" / "Overpay" / "Satisfy" all employees.

Renamed all variables and restructured the .rpy file.
Moved the "Next Page" button for the crisis list so it is not necessary to duplicate it for each page.

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/04/297227_LR2_CheatMod_Trolldenv.3.4.rpy

I have been unable to replicate any the_person is not defined errors, so I would need more details.
Make sure you don't open the cheat menu before you are in the actual game loop.

Reactions: setter6

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
how do i change who I'm editing? or change a name
Whoever you are talking to at the moment will be the person you are editing.
It defaults to Lily for technical reasons, but changes whenever any other person is on screen e.g during an event, after selection or during general conversations.

I have not added name changing yet due to not having determined how it should be displayed yet.
Meanwhile you can open the console by pressing Shift+O while talking to someone and type in:

Code:
the_person.name = "Whateveryouwant"
the_person.last_name = "Whateveryouwant"

kuonjiranma

Dec 5, 2018
I just started the 16.1 version, and none of the mods work anymore. I press z and nothing happens. I installed the shift+1 mod, and still nothing. No errors, just nothing.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
I just started the 16.1 version, and none of the mods work anymore. I press z and nothing happens. I installed the shift+1 mod, and still nothing. No errors, just nothing.
All mods need updates due to breaking changes, be patient, an improved version will arrive soon.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Have you checked if you have multiple mods installed that trigger upon hitting "z"?
What version of the Cheat Menu are you using?

kuonjiranma

Dec 5, 2018
Have you checked if you have multiple mods installed that trigger upon hitting "z"?
What version of the Cheat Menu are you using?
I had been using v 2.1, but with the new update, it no longer worked. I then tried 3.4 and LR2 cheat mods, with the same results.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
I had been using v 2.1, but with the new update, it no longer worked. I then tried 3.4 and LR2 cheat mods, with the same results.
That's really strange.
Version 2.1 should open, but throw an error when selecting "Edit other people" due to the function that lists people in that way have been removed in 0.16.1, so I got to fix that, but still... should at least open.

Version 3.4 works fine on my end.
You have made sure you have placed them in the /game/ directory or a sub- directory of /game/? (Stupid question, but got to make sure).
Are you using Windows OS? Mac? Linux? Any special keyboard layout?

Tried starting a new save game or loading an old one?
You could try this version of it, it is pretty much the same, but with the new haircut added, so it shouldn't make a difference, but it is weird that it isn't working for you.

Important that you only have one Cheat Menu present at a time.

Reactions: Misty

kuonjiranma

Dec 5, 2018
That's really strange.
Version 2.1 should open, but throw an error when selecting "Edit other people" due to the function that lists people in that way have been removed in 0.16.1, so I got to fix that, but still... should at least open.

Version 3.4 works fine on my end.
You have made sure you have placed them in the /game/ directory or a sub- directory of /game/? (Stupid question, but got to make sure).
Are you using Windows OS? Mac? Linux? Any special keyboard layout?

Tried starting a new save game or loading an old one?
You could try this version of it, it is pretty much the same, but with the new haircut added, so it shouldn't make a difference, but it is weird that it isn't working for you.

Important that you only have one Cheat Menu present at a time.
Well, my old saves didn't work, so I started a new game. I place them them directly in game directory. I'm using Windows.

edit: Just started a new game with new cheats and this time it works. Still won't work with old saves though, so still not sure what went wrong. Thanks

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
re gitgud repo
game/Mechanics/opinion_edit.rpy
line 99
"Speaker" "[person.name] [cur_score] [opinion], so she will put up a lot of resistance."
is the corrected syntax?
I do not want to make an account to push changes. but if you pm me a login I'll post issues and fixes.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Updated the Legacy version to 2.2 so that it is no longer broken due to the function it used no longer being present in the base game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

re gitgud repo
game/Mechanics/opinion_edit.rpy
line 99
"Speaker" "[person.name] [cur_score] [opinion], so she will put up a lot of resistance."
is the corrected syntax?
I do not want to make an account to push changes. but if you pm me a login I'll post issues and fixes.
Yes, that should be the correct syntax as it is attempting to display whatever the variables' value is.
Unless you are hinting at something else?

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Updated the Legacy version to 2.2 so that it is no longer broken due to the function it used no longer being present in the base game.

Yes, that should be the correct syntax as it is attempting to display whatever the variables' value is.
Unless you are hinting at something else?

Please look at line 99. There is an error, i think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trollden

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
Well, since you liked that...

Re: 2)
No Mods folder is created. The scripts assume images are in the Mods folder. So throw errors.

Have you any interest in doing a main game patch gitgud? There are a ton of bugs in 16.1

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Quick function to reveal all opinions:

small mod here:
Code:
            if cpy: # Personality Related Options
                vbox:
                    textbutton "Personality Type" action ToggleVariable("cpyt") style "cheatbutton_style" text_style "textbutton_text_style" xsize 220 # Expands to hairstyles
                    textbutton "Opinions" action ToggleVariable("cpyo") style "cheatbutton_style" text_style "textbutton_text_style" xsize 220 tooltip "Not implemented, sorry" # Expands to opinions
                    textbutton "Sexy Opinions" action ToggleVariable("cpyso") style "cheatbutton_style" text_style "textbutton_text_style" xsize 220 tooltip "Not implemented, sorry" # Expands to sexy opinions
                    textbutton "Reveal Opinions" action ToggleVariable("cpyro") style "cheatbutton_style" text_style "textbutton_text_style" xsize 220 tooltip "Reveal Opinions" # Marks all opinions visible
then in the character modification section (just to be clean):
Code:
            if cpy and cpyro:
                $ x = 0
                for opinion in the_person.opinions:
                    $ the_person.discover_opinion(the_person.opinions.items()[x][0], False)
                    $ x = x + 1
                $ x = 0
                for opinion in the_person.sexy_opinions:
                    $ the_person.discover_opinion(the_person.sexy_opinions.items()[x][0], False)
                    $ x = x + 1
Don't forget to define cpyro ;)

WatchMeDrive

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
What exactly does Marketability affect? I don't think I've never seen it in-game.

Last edited:

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
What exactly does Marketability affect? I don't think I've never seen it in-game.
It's a stat in script.rpy that seems to currently not be affecting anything.
Leftover code indicates that it at one point had or is going to tie into effectiveness of sales.

If I remember correctly from the Patreon posts, SerumDesigns were supposed to have a regressing marketability value to encourage the creation of new and improved serums, but it was probably scrapped or is going to be re- designed as to compliment the current game-play instead of making it more tedious than it already is.

Last edited:
Reactions: WatchMeDrive

Kaisha Hiniku

Dec 31, 2017
I encountered an error.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 7890, in script call
call talk_person(person_choice) from _call_talk_person
File "game/script.rpy", line 8291, in script
python: #Generate a list of options from the actions that have their requirement met, plus a back button in case the player wants to take none of them.
File "game/script.rpy", line 8297, in <module>
act_choice = call_formated_action_choice(role_actions)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 250, in call_formated_action_choice
act_choice = renpy.display_menu(valid_actions_list,True,"Choice")
File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 517, in __call__
rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "game/297227_LR2_CheatMod_Trolldenv.3.4.rpy", line 278, in cheat_redraw_skin
the_person.draw_person(the_person.skin)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1708, in draw_person
displayable_list.extend(self.outfit.generate_draw_list(self,position,emotion,special_modifier)) #Get the displayables for everything we wear. Note that extnsions do not return anything because they have nothing to show.
File "game/script.rpy", line 3316, in generate_draw_list
ordered_displayables.append(item.generate_item_displayable(body_type, tit_size, position))
File "game/script.rpy", line 3105, in generate_item_displayable
mask_image = self.pattern_sets.get(position+"_"+self.pattern).get_image(body_type, tit_size)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_image'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 7890, in script call
call talk_person(person_choice) from _call_talk_person
File "game/script.rpy", line 8291, in script
python: #Generate a list of options from the actions that have their requirement met, plus a back button in case the player wants to take none of them.
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script.rpy", line 8297, in <module>
act_choice = call_formated_action_choice(role_actions)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 250, in call_formated_action_choice
act_choice = renpy.display_menu(valid_actions_list,True,"Choice")
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1080, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3451, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 906, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 841, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 308, in run
new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\iam2n\Desktop\P Games pt 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.17.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 517, in __call__
rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "game/297227_LR2_CheatMod_Trolldenv.3.4.rpy", line 278, in cheat_redraw_skin
the_person.draw_person(the_person.skin)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1708, in draw_person
displayable_list.extend(self.outfit.generate_draw_list(self,position,emotion,special_modifier)) #Get the displayables for everything we wear. Note that extnsions do not return anything because they have nothing to show.
File "game/script.rpy", line 3316, in generate_draw_list
ordered_displayables.append(item.generate_item_displayable(body_type, tit_size, position))
File "game/script.rpy", line 3105, in generate_item_displayable
mask_image = self.pattern_sets.get(position+"_"+self.pattern).get_image(body_type, tit_size)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_image'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.17.1
Wed Jun 12 05:09:07 2019
There it is as you have asked.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017

Do you know how to reproduce this?

I should be removing the function that it mentions as it is useless, but when I interact with it myself nothing unexpected happens.

I can't offer any immediate assistance regarding the error, but I'll look into it before releasing a new version, so sorry if the errors are preventing you from doing anything.

You could try to replace the cheat file with
A: which should be a slightly more up to date version if you aren't using the git version already

B: which is what I am currently trying to get working. Keybind is x instead.
It does not have all the features of A) , but gets the job done.

(Don't know if the links works as I haven't try sharing a "perma- link" or whatever its called, but should be able to save the files as .rpy and it'll work)

I'm heading to bed right now as I've spent the night brainstorming and playing around with the B) version.

Thanks for the error report.