4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Just got the following exception, using the Bugfix with all files dated 18 March 2020 09:27:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for the info, I'll check out both the coding tool and the GitGud link. For now I've simply been noting down the file name, the line number and what the current line is along with the corrected line. So far I'm up to 32 different lines with corrections.
Good spot, you found a bug in the original code, i've updated the BUGFIX.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Hi Tristim, for the last few days, the morning threesome event results in an error. After Lily joins in, the next screen drops this one:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9145, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 234, in script call
    $ act.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 375, in script call
    $ the_morning_crisis.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Crisis/mom_workday_breakfast.rpy", line 284, in script call
    call start_threesome(the_person, lily, start_position = Threesome_doggy_deluxe) from _fuck_mom_for_breakfast_1
  File "game/Mods/Threesome/Threesome_core.rpy", line 377, in script
    call screen main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_threesome_round_start_menu(position_choice, the_person_one, the_person_two)]))
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 526, in execute_call_screen
    args, kwargs = a.evaluate()
  File "game/Mods/Threesome/Threesome_core.rpy", line 377, in <module>
    call screen main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_threesome_round_start_menu(position_choice, the_person_one, the_person_two)]))
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 317, in build_menu_items
    if " (tooltip)" in mi.title:
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9145, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 234, in script call
    $ act.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 375, in script call
    $ the_morning_crisis.call_action()
  File "game/Mods/Crisis/mom_workday_breakfast.rpy", line 284, in script call
    call start_threesome(the_person, lily, start_position = Threesome_doggy_deluxe) from _fuck_mom_for_breakfast_1
  File "game/Mods/Threesome/Threesome_core.rpy", line 377, in script
  File "E:\Games\Lab Rats 2\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "E:\Games\Lab Rats 2\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\Lab Rats 2\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 526, in execute_call_screen
    args, kwargs = a.evaluate()
  File "E:\Games\Lab Rats 2\renpy\ast.py", line 190, in evaluate
    args.append(renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope))
  File "E:\Games\Lab Rats 2\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\Games\Lab Rats 2\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/Mods/Threesome/Threesome_core.rpy", line 377, in <module>
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 317, in build_menu_items
    if " (tooltip)" in mi.title:
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.26.1
Thu Mar 19 14:47:27 2020
Every other threesome event has been working (among those I seen), but not this one. Is there a typo in there, or something?
Yeah, I found that one this morning, i've update the MOD and the threesome code should work fine.

Jul 6, 2018
I get an error every time I try to kiss a girl. Cant Ignore .. no way past it... tested game with out bugfixes or your mod group and it works fine... seems to work fine with bugfixes installed, but not with mods... Love the mods ... sooo much... but unplayable

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
I get an error every time I try to kiss a girl. Cant Ignore .. no way past it... tested game with out bugfixes or your mod group and it works fine... seems to work fine with bugfixes installed, but not with mods... Love the mods ... sooo much... but unplayable
Did you download the correct version of the MOD? For v0.26 you need both BETA downloads and follow the installation instructions from the OP. Without traceback.txt I can't give you any more information.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Good spot, you found a bug in the original code, i've updated the BUGFIX.
Oh wow, hadn't thought to check the original code! I just checked the Bugfix archive and saw the file was in there so reported it here. Should I also report it over in the Lab Rats 2 thread as well or would that just create confusion? :unsure:

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Oh wow, hadn't thought to check the original code! I just checked the Bugfix archive and saw the file was in there so reported it here. Should I also report it over in the Lab Rats 2 thread as well or would that just create confusion? :unsure:
Don't think it matters, VREN does not visit this forum, he only looks at his Patreon site for reported bugs.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Don't think it matters, VREN does not visit this forum, he only looks at his Patreon site for reported bugs.
Well I'll not be posting anything anywhere on Patreon, I see you've already fixed it in the latest Bugfix so I'll just remove that bug from my list! ;)

I'll try and get some of the other fixes I've found posted up on over the weekend so you can check them out and see if you want to include any of them.

Reactions: Tristim
Sep 17, 2017
Using the development branch off the git (both the bugfix and the mod), I just ran into an odd issue. On a new game I got the workday event where the girls draw straws to see who gets food from the delivery guy while the loser is shirtless/topless in the afternoon, and after the event completed instead of returning to Production where I had been working, my day ended, and it placed me right back in Production at Early Morning of the next day.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Sorry to disturb, but the mod is bugged it crashes when installed.
You really need to provide more info, you don't even say what versions of the Mod and/or Bugfix you're using! Sorry but with such little info there's not really much anyone can do to help you.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Just done a new fresh install after downloading the latest Mod (files are dated 21/03/2020 13:43) and Bugfix (files are dated 21/03/2020 13:39). Installed the game, followed by installing the Mod and then the Bugfix. Launched the game, started a new game, went through the tutorial and got to the point where you see "You are the sole shareholder of your own company and Stephanie is first, and so far only, employee. She takes her position as your head researcher." clicked to advance and got the following exception:

At that point I did a rollback, saved the game and quit so that I could report this one.

Sep 13, 2018
Just done a new fresh install after downloading the latest Mod (files are dated 21/03/2020 13:43) and Bugfix (files are dated 21/03/2020 13:39). Installed the game, followed by installing the Mod and then the Bugfix. Launched the game, started a new game, went through the tutorial and got to the point where you see "You are the sole shareholder of your own company and Stephanie is first, and so far only, employee. She takes her position as your head researcher." clicked to advance and got the following exception:
I think I got that exact same exception at that exact same place in similar conditions. Fresh install, new downloads for Game, mod, and bugfix. I got it first when I skipped the intro then rolled back to character creation, then I chose to play through the intro. Played through the intro and at the same spot, where the proper game begins, I got that exception. I'll post my traceback as well, just in case it's different in some way.

EDIT - My Bugfix files are dated 21/03/2020 at 16:39. My Mod files are dated 21/03/2020 at 16:43.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrizzlyUK

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
I think I got that exact same exception at that exact same place in similar conditions. Fresh install, new downloads for Game, mod, and bugfix. I got it first when I skipped the intro then rolled back to character creation, then I chose to play through the intro. Played through the intro and at the same spot, where the proper game begins, I got that exception. I'll post my traceback as well, just in case it's different in some way.

EDIT - My Bugfix files are dated 21/03/2020 at 16:39. My Mod files are dated 21/03/2020 at 16:43.

Your traceback is the same as the one I got though it seems you may have slightly more recent Mod and Bugfix versions. Hopefully @Tristim will read our reports soon and get a fix sorted.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Your traceback is the same as the one I got though it seems you may have slightly more recent Mod and Bugfix versions. Hopefully @Tristim will read our reports soon and get a fix sorted.
Hi, my bad again ;) I've removed a totally useless array of pre-made characters from the base game (bugfix) that kept moving along in your save game. But missed one spot in the MOD, its now fixed.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018

See https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/post-3195276

Kaftan

Jan 12, 2020
I'm not sure if it was solved but after fresh start (new save) while hiring first employee i get an error

I installed game, then Bugfix Beta and then Mod Beta version

ktazok

May 16, 2017
I recently installed another screen for my pc and now whenever I enable animations it looks like this
I have exactly the same issue.

Reducing windows scalling to 100% didn't changed anything.

Is there any way to correct it ? I am thinking it should be possible to move animation square on the left, somewhere in the script, but I didn't find anything. :-/

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
I have exactly the same issue.

Reducing windows scalling to 100% didn't changed anything.

Is there any way to correct it ? I am thinking it should be possible to move animation square on the left, somewhere in the script, but I didn't find anything. :-/
I play without animations (disabled it in the preferences menu). So I can only guess. Maybe setting your screen resolution to 1920x1080 may help.

Cheers
Matt

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes