4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
So I set up a ton of company outfits. What is the best way to get them over to the next version? Like I know I hit export on each of them and it says it exported to the Exported_Wardrobe.xml but what EXACTLY do I do in the next version? there are 3 options in the mod settings and none of them worked for me last time (obviously user error, so I'll ask in advance)

Frog Croaking

Feb 26, 2020
So I set up a ton of company outfits. What is the best way to get them over to the next version? Like I know I hit export on each of them and it says it exported to the Exported_Wardrobe.xml but what EXACTLY do I do in the next version? there are 3 options in the mod settings and none of them worked for me last time (obviously user error, so I'll ask in advance)
I rename the Exported_Wardrobe.xml file to something shorter, but that's up to you.

Anyway, then put your xml in the \Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\game\wardrobes\imports folder, and then enter the name of your file when you import in your bedroom. Remember that case matters when entering the name.

*Edit: Make sure you have "Import Wardrobe from XML" option enabled in the Mod Settings

Last edited:

lifesuckz69

Mar 5, 2017
I rename the Exported_Wardrobe.xml file to something shorter, but that's up to you.

Anyway, then put your xml in the \Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\game\wardrobes\imports folder, and then enter the name of your file when you import in your bedroom. Remember that case matters when entering the name.

*Edit: Make sure you have "Import Wardrobe from XML" option enabled in the Mod Settings
Thanks, I wasn't sure which of those was the right option and also that there was an imports folder (only found where it was saved from exporting)

Frog Croaking

Feb 26, 2020
Can anyone guide me to what file can now (v0.39.1) alter stat and skill caps for main character and random npcs?
Console commands would be gratefully accepted, but not preferred.

edit: Thanks to Frog Croaking who set me on the right path
In case anyone is interested in these particular edits;
stat and kill caps for mainchar can be found in ...\game\major_game_classes\character_related\MainCharacter.rpy around line 66
stat and skill caps for girls can be found in ...\game\helper_functions\random_generation_functions.rpy around line 11
Thanks right back at you. I added your info to my original posts...

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
This is not a bug fix it is my mod on its own.

If you are looking for an alternative mod that gives a number of Quality of life improvements but also is compatible with the normal saves for 39.3 and above feel free to try this out.
It removes the crappy preg-enerated patreon PCs from existing.
It improves the quality of girls makes the skills they have based more on the stats rather than purely random.
You can see the hidden likes and dislikes it simply marks the hidden ones with "~hidden" beside them.
The production screen allows increments of 5 rather than 10 giving a little better control.
The body types have been weighted to reduce the number of curvy body types.
The personality types I got rid of the preset anti work decrements and made those only by random chance.
This way you at least have a reasonable chance of finding a girl who will work without massive issues.

If you don't want to see what the girls likes and dislikes are just leave out the interview file and the girls_overview file.
They are easy enough to find before installing this.
To install it just copy the game directory I created into the labrats folder and let it replace the files.

Last edited:

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I fail to see the improvement
If you are playing a game that you already started it won't change those women already in the game just new ones as they are generated.
You can find this in the random_lists.pry file
Python:
list_of_body_types = []
        list_of_body_types.append(["thin_body",75])
        list_of_body_types.append(["standard_body",20])
        list_of_body_types.append(["curvy_body",5])

def get_random_body_type():
            return get_random_from_weighted_list(list_of_body_types)
It also won't change girls like the cousin who is pre-generated. You can find her at the bottom of the same file and change it yourself.

If you are want to see the greater effect of the change a new game would be needed to be started.

But maybe that isn't what you mean by improvement.

Apr 21, 2018
If you are playing a game that you already started it won't change those women already in the game just new ones as they are generated.
You can find this in the random_lists.pry file
Python:
list_of_body_types = []
        list_of_body_types.append(["thin_body",75])
        list_of_body_types.append(["standard_body",20])
        list_of_body_types.append(["curvy_body",5])

def get_random_body_type():
            return get_random_from_weighted_list(list_of_body_types)
It also won't change girls like the cousin who is pre-generated. You can find her at the bottom of the same file and change it yourself.

If you are want to see the greater effect of the change a new game would be needed to be started.

But maybe that isn't what you mean by improvement.
Less thicc is never improve.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
There is that quest, where Cuz asks MC for boob treatment.
Is it possible to add rout, where we can use that high-tech things that costs a lo(oooooooooooooooooooo)t of money??

Don't wanna pay or wait + at least someone will tell something nice about that pricy thing)

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
I was wondering why it was taking so long and I missed in the change log where they reworked the code to make it "More efficient" Now I understand why it's taking so long, they practically have to start the mod from scratch. I have to say that so far every time I have tried their mods it has been pretty polished and If that means we take a little longer because of the Refractor so be it. Keep up the good work everyone, and good luck. (Yes I actually went back a page to find if I could find what the cause was)

zenupstart

Jul 21, 2020
I was wondering why it was taking so long and I missed in the change log where they reworked the code to make it "More efficient" Now I understand why it's taking so long, they practically have to start the mod from scratch. I have to say that so far every time I have tried their mods it has been pretty polished and If that means we take a little longer because of the Refractor so be it. Keep up the good work everyone, and good luck. (Yes I actually went back a page to find if I could find what the cause was)
Hrmm. I've been testing and working with the mods on a few of these points. This last patch by Vren was a big one and needed a lot of coverage. And yes some effort has been made to make things more efficient in places.

There has been no need to practically remake the mod from scratch, that's not happening. Although a LOT of files have been touched.

But the general tone of modders are working hard at catching up with Vren's changes while trying to make things better: Yes! I very much agree with that sentiment.

Again the BETA is pretty playable right now. Not quite as stable and complete in the changes to merit it being considered finished, but almost there.

If you really want to try out VREN's changes with all the bugfixes and improvements, it's ready for you to try and has been for several days now. New committed changes are slowing down but work is still proceeding.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Why do certain people wear pieces of clothing or colors that they hate to wear. "I hate jeans" "I hate the color blue" - wears blue jeans. "I love lingerie" "I hate being naked" - the_person suggests taking off her lingerie.
Because the developer created a number of sets of clothing that are assigned without any regard to that type of issue.
Just like he created skills that are effected by stats but when it came to generating them he didn't tie them together just made them purely random. So in his world you could have the worlds greatest brain surgeon who is too stupid to tie his own shoes.
He also made pre generated characters for some patreon subscribers.They are the worst characters in the game and you are forced to deal with them in the base game.

Myself I modded those charactgers out and fixed the skill stat issue to a good extent and made some balance with the like and dislike system related to skills also.

The clothing issue you can fix in game to some extent by deleting their wardrobe and giving them other stuff to wear.
IF you want the other issue fixed I listed you can use my mod here
Or use it to see how the mod is made and make your own.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes