4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Just need to give a big shout out for Tristimdorion. Not only does he put a big efford in optimizing the mod, he also is very quick when it comes to fixing bugs. The beta branch had a major issue that prevented saving your game. 2 Hours after the bug got reported, he was able to provide the fix. A very big thanks for your amazing work!

draxton

Dec 10, 2019
Careful with jumps. If the called label ends with a return statement, you may end up at the main menu

It is far safer to use call like
>> call so_relationship_improve_label_enhanced() from _test

(don't forget the from part)

That should work, but you won't be able to control the target since the first line of the event is
$ the_person = get_so_relationship_improve_person()

and that gets you a random qualifying target

If you really want to target a specific person it is a far more involved process that requires modifying the event code and figuring out the person object in order to pass that to the event

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
After following this project for a very long time, it's time to say goodbye.
The 0.49.x will be the last version I'll play again once it's fully patched. After seeing the 0.50.x changelog, the MC will put on a pair of dungarees and yell to the office "I'm going to the milk station, who needs milking?". Joking aside, the other changes are the reason. Everything is made more complex, more and more business guidelines are built in and other things. I have a feeling he should put the Game up for sale on Steam as an economic simulator to make even more money. After 4 years of learning to program and the pressure to offer something every month, Vren will eventually reach the point where he can no longer incorporate anything economical. The fact that he has no interest in storylines was easy to notice in the story with the student. It took a good year for her to finally be hired by the company. Also the mod has nothing to offer but lots of bug fixes and changes. It's been a while but I read somewhere that Kaya is no longer supposed to be the MC's half-sister.???? Unfortunately, I don't know if there's anything to it. Don't know if it's happened to anyone else, but why is Sakari bald and the aura looks like she has hair. Can't confirm whether this is still the case in 0.49.x. With that in mind, I'd like to say a big thank you to the mod makers, and I'll drop by occasionally to see what changes have been made. I wish everyone else a lot of fun with the economic simulator.

padd2212

Aug 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 374, in script call
$ picked_option.call_action()
File "game/script.rpy", line 371, in script call
call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
File "game/script.rpy", line 477, in script call
$ _return.call_action(the_person)
File "game/Mods/StripClub/strip_club_manager_role.rpy", line 108, in script
$ promote_strip_club_stripper_to_manager(the_person)
File "game/Mods/StripClub/strip_club_manager_role.rpy", line 108, in <module>
File "game/Mods/StripClub/strip_club_manager_role.rpy", line 73, in promote_strip_club_stripper_to_manager
person.stripper_salary = __builtin__.round(stripper_salary * 1.1, 1)
NameError: global name 'stripper_salary' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 374, in script call
$ picked_option.call_action()
File "game/script.rpy", line 371, in script call
call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
File "game/script.rpy", line 477, in script call
$ _return.call_action(the_person)
File "game/Mods/StripClub/strip_club_manager_role.rpy", line 108, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/Mods/StripClub/strip_club_manager_role.rpy", line 108, in <module>
File "game/Mods/StripClub/strip_club_manager_role.rpy", line 73, in promote_strip_club_stripper_to_manager
person.stripper_salary = __builtin__.round(stripper_salary * 1.1, 1)
NameError: global name 'stripper_salary' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.49.2.4
Mon Mar 28 19:31:48 2022

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
Something that could be added that would be nice is if a girl's Sluttiness is high enough, she'll ask you if you want her to strip completely instead of just one item at a time. Either that or a Strip-All option when you're removing their clothes.

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Something that could be added that would be nice is if a girl's Sluttiness is high enough, she'll ask you if you want her to strip completely instead of just one item at a time. Either that or a Strip-All option when you're removing their clothes.
Feel free to join the Mod Discord and post your request in the mod request channel.

Reactions: Engelstein

wizyy

Nov 24, 2017
Just FYI I started the game with this current modded version (v0.49.2.4), went through maybe a month, downloaded the latest unmodded (0.50.3), slapped the latest beta mod from here and succesfully loaded up save from modded 0.49.2.4.
No errors so far on loaded save, seeing new stuff that was added, like new dialogues, only few minor glitches with not seeing proper numbers for energy left.
Can't start a new game like that though, errors like crazy at start...

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
Just FYI I started the game with this current modded version (v0.49.2.4), went through maybe a month, downloaded the latest unmodded (0.50.3), slapped the latest beta mod from here and succesfully loaded up save from modded 0.49.2.4.
No errors so far on loaded save, seeing new stuff that was added, like new dialogues, only few minor glitches with not seeing proper numbers for energy left.
Can't start a new game like that though, errors like crazy at start...
It is already clear to you that the mod is only adapted for the 0.49.x. It will not work correctly with 0.50.x, 0.51.x and any other subsequent versions. The next mod will be for 0.52.x and again only for this version. You're welcome to try them all, but don't be surprised if nothing works properly.

Reactions: bloodbus

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
...Have you actually played the mod? A major reason why people praise the mod is that it adds content
Your question and comment can be understood in different ways, is that clear to you?
Here friendly questioning and pointing out:
"...Have you actually played the mod?"
After 40 times or even more new beginnings, I lost the desire. I also wrote that I'll wait until the mod is finished. Even if it takes another 2 months and you start with 0.52.x.

"A major reason why people praise the mod is that it adds content"
I know the features of the mod and have played them all in 0.46.x and the versions before.

Here's one to call it stupid and a stupid hint:
"...Have you actually played the mod?"
After 40 times or even more new beginnings, I lost the desire. After every update new ones came and that's why I fuck it and wait until you're done.

"A major reason why people praise the mod is that it adds content"
I know the features of the mod and have played them all in 0.46.x and the versions before. Unfortunately you want to take me for a fool and think I can't do anything here.

It wasn't my intention to denigrate the mod or to say that it sucks. I have always played every version with the mod.
Assuming that 0.46.x was the last version I played with mod and actually 0.48.x should have been the next, it was now the 0.49.x that was released.
Would you have understood what I wrote, my reason for stopping playing was related to what Vren wrote in his changelog in the 0.50.x. 0.51.x is coming soon and we'll see what other rules are added. Anyone who thinks more rules and restrictions would increase the fun of the game and make the game more realistic is lying to themselves and others. In the end, these people all cheat themselves, either because it's not fast enough or because rules make it difficult.

Here's another friendly tip:
Anyone who thinks they're just copying and commenting on a sentence feels attacked right away. Please be fair and read it again or leave it with your comments.

Needing Help

Nov 11, 2020
Try a VPN. I've run into problems with the quota, probably because the local IP pool is shared, and switching VPN servers has always helped.
My issue is with the steam engine I'm using. Outdated everything so Mega & Google won't even let me try to use them. No problems with other download sites other than speed. Workupload works the best for me but anyplace other than Mega Or GoogleDrive work for the time being. Really wish Nopy was still around.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017

More Download options for Ren'Py Update:

- - - - - -

Last edited:
Reactions: makeitso

Needing Help

Nov 11, 2020

More Download options for Ren'Py Update:

- - - - - -

You're a Saint!!!! Thank You!

makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
My issue is with the steam engine I'm using. Outdated everything so Mega & Google won't even let me try to use them. No problems with other download sites other than speed. Workupload works the best for me but anyplace other than Mega Or GoogleDrive work for the time being. Really wish Nopy was still around.
I see! Never heard of that before, but it makes sense with Mega's packing/unpacking method. Had to use a different browser for large downloads at one point. Not sure what's going on with Google Drive, never used it. :unsure:

PS In a perfect world, we'd have magnet links and torrents, but hey ho.

Reactions: Needing Help

wizyy

Nov 24, 2017
It is already clear to you that the mod is only adapted for the 0.49.x. It will not work correctly with 0.50.x, 0.51.x and any other subsequent versions. The next mod will be for 0.52.x and again only for this version. You're welcome to try them all, but don't be surprised if nothing works properly.
I was just suggesting that impatient people like me can try the new version and it can be modded this way

Helger

Dec 2, 2017
I was just suggesting that impatient people like me can try the new version and it can be modded this way
Sure you can try it. But some report it as a bug because they mix incompatible versions. That there is no support for it should be clear to you anyone before.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes