4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
AdventAnyx They're written for the vanilla game but I did write two guides (actually three - the first protoguide is quoted in the more final form) which are linked on the OP of the vanilla version. Many of the mechanics will be accurate but some arbitrary changes have been made to the taboo quests so they're not as sandbox as they are in vanilla. I don't know if there'll be anything you haven't already figured out but they might be worth a look

Saionji11

Jul 1, 2017
Is there a bug with Christine Lavardin, the police chief? I haven't been able to trigger her past groping/kissing. I think someone else mentioned it a few pages back as well. I tried meeting the requirements listed in the "christine_definition_ren" file, but nothing changed. Anything I'm missing?

AnubisMRM

May 18, 2018
Does anyone know what's the deal with the visit from the Edward dude who offers 24k dollars in exchange to -1% in serum sale prices?
Is it just a mechanic to get some investment when you're low on money?
I had over 500k, so I just rejected his offer, will this choice have a consequence later on?

slobber

May 19, 2019
AnubisMRM
to my knowledge it is exactly just a "if you're low on money" thing. although i do like to read the dialogue to test the sluttiness of my employees when i ask them to show the guy around

Saionji11
i think someone mentioned there's a progression where you have to kiss them to oblivion and that'll open up oral. then you have to oral them to oblivion. etc.

forgotp
super good point. it's like creating a survey on who likes responding to surveys

slick97
funny enough i hit all those triggers in my first playthrough naturally. i think it's because i didn't try aiming for max numbers right off the bat and went for a very generic "normal" play through.

@yliilrr396
can you give any examples? i just follow the quest guide in the game and it works fine for me. although i do love slow progression so i see most of the other events too

Bocoboco
this might help
Ren'Py - Lab Rats 2 - Reformulate [v2023-07-11] [Tristim/LZ_Starbuck/Trollden] | F95zone

also, i do think a brothel eventually could work and is actually easier to implement than people might think
edit: for example, you can implement a policy to assign sex duty to certain employees so that they stay at the company lobby after work ends and service high end clientele (and this would increase attention slowly). can also customize it accordingly with what services they provide, how much money they make, etc.

would have to be careful to consider the love/sluttiness interaction and can even set up events where someone stays late and happens to come across the secret sex unintentionally (and maybe even set up an event so that the police officer / city inspector join your brothel eventually)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnubisMRM

Saionji11

Jul 1, 2017
Saionji11
i think someone mentioned there's a progression where you have to kiss them to oblivion and that'll open up oral. then you have to oral them to oblivion. etc.
Thanks for the suggestion, and I gave it a shot. Kissed like crazy, with unfortunately no results. Did the same for the only two other options, groping and fingering. Again, no changes. I'm not seeing any story progression options in the code, and of course no hints in the game as it's not a major character.

slobber

May 19, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion, and I gave it a shot. Kissed like crazy, with unfortunately no results. Did the same for the only two other options, groping and fingering. Again, no changes. I'm not seeing any story progression options in the code, and of course no hints in the game as it's not a major character.
i'm not sure then. it might be something with the newer version. in the older version i banged her pretty easily since nothing was written for her yet. this was the progression thing i was referring to

Ren'Py - Lab Rats 2 - Reformulate [v2023-07-11] [Tristim/LZ_Starbuck/Trollden] | F95zone

Saionji11

Jul 1, 2017
i'm not sure then. it might be something with the newer version. in the older version i banged her pretty easily since nothing was written for her yet. this was the progression thing i was referring to

Yea, I recall being initially confused in the old version, but it was fine once I worked out how the progression worked. I'll probably try a fresh install with no tweaks tomorrow. Just in case I somehow broke something.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Yea, I recall being initially confused in the old version, but it was fine once I worked out how the progression worked. I'll probably try a fresh install with no tweaks tomorrow. Just in case I somehow broke something.
She is tied to the Candace storyline which is tied to Ophelia. I honestly haven't progressed enough down that path yet to know if that will help, but worth a shot.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I just tested this on an ongoing save to see what the issue is, and I think I have an answer. If my solution still doesn't work, I have a workaround that anyone can use to guarantee the conditions are met for Christine's sex path.

*SKIP TO THE BOTTOM FOR A WORKAROUND*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to take another look at the code to make sure I wasn't going crazy and confirmed that Christine does indeed have arbitrary triggers for the next phase of sex options.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Foreplay is almost always unlocked for every single character, but some characters have specific types of foreplay locked (see spoiler below).

I started noticing a trend in that Vren (alongside Tristim and Starbuck) are using specific syntax when modifying sex related items. As it turns out, there are 13 generic sex records that correlate to different positions and where the MC cums.
This then led me to conclude that the game has to actually update a sex record somewhere since that bit of code above exists. Well, as it turns out, there seems to be one main location where sex records are updated and about a dozen special cases where either a unique sex record is used, or a generic sex record is manually updated. However, for a majority of cases, the code below is where the magic happens:

So what's the conclusion? If you're repeating the same sex position within a single session, the record is only updated once. If you're ending a session, then reengaging in a session WITHOUT skipping time, I believe that also only updates the record once. You must advance time AND engage in a specific sexual position for the sex record to be updated.

Post Edit: I'm actually an idiot in thinking that stats were only updated per session. Ironically, I completely overlooked the stats screen that gives you a helpful readout of what you've done and how often. This is what you should be using when progressing to the next phase of sex positions. Apologies for the fuck-up! The magic number is 4 when dealing with unique characters that have unfinished storylines.

In Christine's case: finger her in the morning, afternoon, evening, next morning and it should unlock the next set of positions. Then do the same for vaginal by specifically cumming in her mouth, and then creampie'ing her to unlock anal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Workaround:
If, for whatever reason, the above method doesn't work, then there is a way to force Christine into unlocking the next set of sex positions with the following console command (press "shift + O"):

police_chief.sex_record["Fingered"] = 4

Here is a list of commands for all of the other unique characters who use the same method due to an unfinished storyline:

Last edited:

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
So apparently someone spent significant amount of time to "correct" filthy colonial words to the only proper Ye Olde Worlde English.

In a game set in distinctly USian settings, with one of the modded characters sporting a recognizable flavor of a southern drawl.

I mean, applause for the effort, but... why? o_O

Reactions: bloodbus

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
So apparently someone spent significant amount of time to "correct" filthy colonial words to the only proper Ye Olde Worlde English.

In a game set in distinctly USian settings, with one of the modded characters sporting a recognizable flavor of a southern drawl.

I mean, applause for the effort, but... why? o_O
The guy was most likely brought on as an editor rather than another developer. As it stands, Tristim handles much of the mechanics, Starbuck handles story elements, and now afterdark handles the editing (from what I can ascertain).

yliilrr396

Jun 25, 2022
@yliilrr396
can you give any examples? i just follow the quest guide in the game and it works fine for me. although i do love slow progression so i see most of the other events too
In addition to what slick97 mentioned, you have to exceed Attention threshold to meet the city rep.

Some random events in the office require 11+ employees and at least one of them with specific conditions: chemist daughter in Production with x.age < 25 and x.kids == 0 and x.days_employed > 7, cuckold wife with x.sluttiness >= 50 and x.kids == 0 and x.relationship == "Married" and not x.is_pregnant - both with some other minor conditions. They will not be indicated on the map when you meet the conditions, you will need to spend time in the office waiting until they randomly trigger.

11+ employees also unlocks optional daily HR meetings, and 15+ unlocks second tier of the HR gym membership.

Saionji11

Jul 1, 2017
She is tied to the Candace storyline which is tied to Ophelia. I honestly haven't progressed enough down that path yet to know if that will help, but worth a shot.
I'll take a look into that, thanks!

slick97, wow! Thanks for the detailed analysis! I'll, try that all out!

Thank you both again!!

Update:

I tried the suggestion during multiple times of day, and it worked! Thanks slick97!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: slick97

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Does anyone know what's the deal with the visit from the Edward dude who offers 24k dollars in exchange to -1% in serum sale prices?
Is it just a mechanic to get some investment when you're low on money?
I had over 500k, so I just rejected his offer, will this choice have a consequence later on?
to my knowledge it is exactly just a "if you're low on money" thing. although i do like to read the dialogue to test the sluttiness of my employees when i ask them to show the guy around
Surprisingly, the investment opportunity isn't tied to money whatsoever.
1691177852111.png

The only requirements for this event is that you've researched to at least tier 1, you have passed the first week in the game, that your business is actually open (i.e. morning, afternoon, and evening), and that you're actually in the building during those times.

Reactions: RandomFapinator
May 25, 2022
About that publicly hated. Check this out.
https://f95zone.to/threads/views-on-netorare.51390/
and it's 1000 votes.. Looks like NTR hate is just a very loud minority.
This >>>>>
most ntr dislikers wont even click on that title thats why.
With that tittle most people who hates NTR is not going to clic neither participate in any conversation related to NTR. Is more likely the contrary; NTR fans are a very loud minority who participate in any conversation related to the fetish in order to inflate statistics.

That being said and returning to the main topic.
I'd say the game is pretty good as it is. Now they just need to add depth to its different aspects, and have some sort of super-end-goal or something. Also, it's a shame that it's player-character-focused, could be a lot of fun turning your office lab into a brothel of some sort. Like having additional duties for all sorts of client satisfaction and all that (corrently only adds some mini cash bonus and no text-viasuals-events at all). But I get it if they don't want to go the publicly hated ntr-sharing sort of route, it's their game.
This is for the best, the vanilla game was always MC focused with some exceptions, mostly about changing girls will for the player benefit, although they already deviated from the original game direction with the railroaded NPCs plotlines.

InfinityzeN

Oct 29, 2016
Damn it, I wasn't paying attention and got the testing room bug. i.e. if you go rapidly up to "Tier 2 Serum" business policy it will never launch the event that gets you the "Serum Testing Room" policy available which prevents you from advancing the "Personal Serum" events. You do get events with the testing room though even though you haven't unlocked it. GRRRRRR, don't want to start yet another new game since I just started this one a couple days ago.

Reactions: slick97

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Damn it, I wasn't paying attention and got the testing room bug. i.e. if you go rapidly up to "Tier 2 Serum" business policy it will never launch the event that gets you the "Serum Testing Room" policy available which prevents you from advancing the "Personal Serum" events. You do get events with the testing room though even though you haven't unlocked it. GRRRRRR, don't want to start yet another new game since I just started this one a couple days ago.
While not fully tested you can manually set the trigger through the console and it will allow you to purchase the policy:
Code:
 *stephanie.progress.obedience_step = 1 
mc.business.event_triggers_dict["testing_room_policy_avail"] = True
Thankfully, the serum testing room policy is the only requirement for personal serums (aside from the obvious checks for player presence and progression checks):
1691207277280.png

*Edit: Added extra command to properly unlock the policy. Thanks InfinityzeN!

Last edited:

InfinityzeN

Oct 29, 2016
Thank you, I had been digging through the code trying to figure out how to turn that on, since I figured it was what was missing. Didn't know the exact command to do it.

EDIT: For anyone else who gets this bug, you also have to run the console command
stephanie.progress.obedience_step = 1

EDIT EDIT: Hum, that only updates her text but doesn't let it advance. GRRRRR

Last edited:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Thank you, I had been digging through the code trying to figure out how to turn that on, since I figured it was what was missing. Didn't know the exact command to do it.

EDIT: For anyone else who gets this bug, you also have to run the console command
stephanie.progress.obedience_step = 1
I also added this to my post through an edit. Nice catch!

Update:

I tried the suggestion during multiple times of day, and it worked! Thanks @slick97!
I'm glad it worked for you! Funnily enough, I spent hours in my first few playthroughs trying to to figure out how to trigger her vaginal positions. Strangely enough, Ashley also has an unfinished storyline when unlocking vaginal and anal sex, but instead of using the same method as Christina (and others listed in my initial post) she instead has a dev/narrator note that mentions her story is unfinished and auto-unlocks both types of positions.

Fun fact: there are over 1000 lines of code related to her storyline and is intended to be darker in tone when compared to others. One of the stories unfolds on her love/lust paths in which she attempts to homewreck MC/Stephanie. The other story unfolds via the personal serums in which she attempts to enslave the MC through them. Either way, this girl is a sociopathic homewrecker.

Reactions: RandomFapinator
4.60 star(s) 56 Votes