4.60 star(s) 57 Votes

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Made some changes to files for my own taste of playin
but faced some "store" comparison.
Does anyone know, where this "store" is located?

Error message:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 670, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 397, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <function mc_bedroom_renovate_requirement at 0x000000001ea48160>: it's not the same object as store.mc_bedroom_renovate_requirement
That's why I gave up on trying to mess with the code. There are just too many complicated dependencies and interactions. I've never even heard of " PicklingError" before, and I've modded multiple other games. Usually Renpy games are fun to mod, because the code is so simple. You can just change or add a variable here, a line of dialogue there, no big deal. This game maybe shouldn't have been done in Renpy to begin with.

Did you download the scripts from the git repository or unrar the AIO? I asked about some problems I was having in the Discord server (before I gave up on modding this game), and they said that using a decompiled version can cause problems.

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
Gentlemen, i am quite sure this has already been answered somewhere, so please forgive me, but i could not find it:

I would like to set the Home for Iris Vandenberg into the Vandenberg mansion via console, so i have them together, but i could not find the correct commands for doing so (i guess it is possible). Would be nice to know, because also with employees daughter/mothers who start working i like to keep those families together.

If someone knows how to do this with the console please share your wisdom with me.

Thx in advance!

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Gentlemen, i am quite sure this has already been answered somewhere, so please forgive me, but i could not find it:

I would like to set the Home for Iris Vandenberg into the Vandenberg mansion via console, so i have them together, but i could not find the correct commands for doing so (i guess it is possible). Would be nice to know, because also with employees daughter/mothers who start working i like to keep those families together.

If someone knows how to do this with the console please share your wisdom with me.

Thx in advance!
I bookmarked this comment about console commands. There might be something in there that can help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyrfing

herbz

Apr 30, 2018
Thanks Claude Opus:

Here is a summary of the general themes in the changelog:

Based on the changelog notes, the main themes seem to be:

1. Numerous bug fixes related to typos, logic errors, incorrect variables/properties being used, missing imports, faulty requirements, etc. Many of these were causing issues with character dialogues, sex scenes, outfit changes, and story progression.
  2. Adjustments and tweaks to character interactions and relationships, such as changes to opinion/love gains, birth control usage and knowledge, fetishes, traits, and workplace dynamics. The goal appears to be making character behaviors more realistic and consistent with the story.
  3. Improvements to the user interface and game mechanics, including showing certain information more clearly, constraining menu choices based on context, optimizing code in performance-critical areas, and extending functionality of some existing systems (e.g. outfit management, employee duties).
  4. Visual and dialogue enhancements to make scenes flow more naturally, have characters appear in appropriate outfits, and fix spacing/punctuation issues.
  5. Changes to balance story event triggering, character schedules, and activity requirements to prevent conflicts and unrealistic situations.
Overall, this changelog indicates a heavy focus on polishing, bugfixing and tweaking an already feature-rich adult themed game to improve the player experience and maintain consistency/realism within the fictional game world. The developers seem committed to actively enhancing the game based on testing and player feedback.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

Edit: Aww that summary paragraph is wholesome. Well done everyone, Claude knows you guys are working hard!

Edit edit: I realize my previous edit might read sarcastic, but I really do mean it. I love this game a lot and the bugs and crashes bugged me a lot, so I appreciate the polish

Last edited:

AtotehZ

Engaged Member
Aug 24, 2018
Everything except one thing is just much better in Lab Rats 2 comparing it to the first.
I wish the characters were more fleshed out. In the first one the characters you interacted with felt more complete.
It may be an unfair comparison, but in Lab Rats 2 it often feels like your actions are affecting a random sequence of 0's and 1's instead of a complete character.

ibnarabi

May 21, 2021
They are getting there. Reworking the games basic structure and redoing the graphics is a big lift, they have made good progress the past few months. It's not easy taking over a dead guys project, especially without the tools he used to make the models....

Last edited:
Reactions: Choyz

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
So, the game updates itself without notification now?

View attachment 3929692
\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LR2_R202404
The "C:\Users\<your user name here>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy" folder is simply where Renpy stores backup copies of save games. That "\sync" folder will also contain backup copies of your saves. If you have other Renpy games there should be folders for each one, usually named in the format "game name_<several numbers>" and each will simply contain a backup copy of the games own "\game\saves" folder from where you installed the game.

Reactions: FusiFranse

TigerDiamonds

Aug 7, 2023
I haven't looked into it since before reformulate was a thing, did anyone ever figure out the paper doll system, so that we could add new body types or hair styles etc? I remember back in the day it was a big sore spot in the community because the dev went way out of their way to obfuscate everything to do with that stuff.

Reactions: brattlebob
4.60 star(s) 57 Votes