LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Ok... I'm going to go ahead and drop this off here. This is version 15.0 of Starbuck's content mod. I'm going to treat version 15.0 kind of the same way Vren does. It basically works, but it has some bugs and I'm still trying to figure out how to do a couple of things, so not everything works correctly. Some bugs I already know about and I'm working on...

There are some sex scenes that should be fluid, from dialogue straight into the naughty stuff, that currently now ask you "where do you want to do it" or in one case what position to use. I'm working on fixes for these.

The vaginal fetish events RPY file is an absolute mess. The code needs completely refactored TBH. There are probably bug associated with the vaginal fetish content but right now I'm too scared to go look for them, LOL.

Anyway, as for features and update notes for version 15.0:
-This update is primarily under the hood. I've pulled as much code as I can out of script.rpy, so that I can make this mod as compatible with other mods as possible.
-NOTE: This involved some... pretty awful code. I still have several known issues, but for now the mod is playable.
-New content: Cum fetish! The cum fetish serum now works to give girls a cum fetish. Fetish requires and oral skill and a vaginal skill of atleast 3, so on some girls you may need to use applicable serums first.
-For now, cum fetish is not available for Lily and Jennifer. Also some conversations don't make sense if you give the cum fetish to non-employees or Starbuck.
-Cum fetish currently includes 2 new crisis and one new conversation option.
-Also included is one new position. It is a variation of the blowjob, but specifically for a few of the cum fetish scenes.
-Several of the previous gameplay tweaks are no longer functional. Of note, in this version...
-Girls chances of getting likes or dislikes are same as vanilla LR2.
-Missionary position fix for cumming on her tits is no longer fixed, it is now the same as vanilla LR2.

One of the big benefits of this version, it SHOULD now be compatible for existing 15.0 save games, but I haven't had time to test it, so I suggest keeping a copy of your save games.

I'm hoping to have version 15.1 out around the middle of the month. The goal for 15.1 is to make Lily and Jennifer compatible with the anal and cum fetishes, finish writing a cunnilingus scene, refactor the vaginal event scripting, and see if I can get the reduced arousal gain function from Starbuck's sex shop working again, without modifying script.rpy. Thanks again to everyone for all the help and your patience while I get this mod together.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Hmm, that's weird, I don't have any issues with compiling.

EDIT: Either way, fixed for the next version.

EDIT2: After reading up on Renpy scripting language I finally figured out how the Call XXXX from XXXX syntax works. It has to do with rollback after reloading a game, which is probably why it never made a difference to me how I had my functions labeled. I'll definitely be more careful with this going forward now that I understand it can screw with save games.

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Hmm, that's weird, I don't have any issues with compiling.

EDIT: Either way, fixed for the next version.

EDIT2: After reading up on Renpy scripting language I finally figured out how the Call XXXX from XXXX syntax works. It has to do with rollback after reloading a game, which is probably why it never made a difference to me how I had my functions labeled. I'll definitely be more careful with this going forward now that I understand it can screw with save games.
I'm actually curious how yours would complie, because mine wouldnt. I could fix it myself easily, but the compiler immediately errored out when I tried to launch.
Its not really important, just curious.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Yeah I'm not sure. When Vren releases new versions, do you overwrite the game in existing folders? Or do a clean install each time? Maybe its from an older version of Renpy?

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Yeah I'm not sure. When Vren releases new versions, do you overwrite the game in existing folders? Or do a clean install each time? Maybe its from an older version of Renpy?
I usually do a new clean install, then go back and compare the previous version to the new version, merging any custom modifications I made into the new version. So the renpy version should be whatever Vren released each time.
/shrug Like I said, not really important, just interesting that our compilers behave differently.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
With 15.1 scheduled to come out tonight, I just want to say that the version of my mod that I made available SHOULD be compatible, without using the optional script.rpy. It just depends on if Vren made any big changes to the system, but usually he doesn't.

Edit: I finally got some code to work that can replace existing crisis with new ones, without having to modify any of the existing code. This means going forward I'll be able to write fetish material into the existing events and crisis and still maintain mod compatibility.

Reactions: Trollden

leebobby666

Jun 22, 2017
When trying to load 15.1, it stays on "Loading Game Images" screen and stops responding after 10 seconds. I then have to force close it...

Jul 30, 2018
When trying to load 15.1, it stays on "Loading Game Images" screen and stops responding after 10 seconds. I then have to force close it...
yeah this game needs alot of work done to it it has a very slow load time and a bunch of other issues the dev of this game should go back to HS gameplay from #1 it was better then this

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
If you are willing to take a couple of extra steps doing the following should save you a lot of time with running the game. Vren has said he is looking into the reason behind the .exe being so slow so he is aware of it.
Slow Load Time, workaround, please give feedback if it does / doesn't improve load times for you.

If it takes a long time to load and you play the game regularly or you are modding it try using the RenPy SDK to launch it. For me load time goes from 3 minutes by launching normally and 3 seconds through the RenPy SDK.

Instructions in spoiler

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jul 30, 2018
this game doesnt only need work but if you have used the mods you cant continue playing until the mods are updated which by the looks of them both they havent been updated in awhile

scannatore

Jul 11, 2017
this game doesnt only need work but if you have used the mods you cant continue playing until the mods are updated which by the looks of them both they havent been updated in awhile
Well, modding this game is hard.
Maybe a total bugfix mod like Skyrim have, but the author keep releasing new bugs... err... new versions.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
The code in this game is complex and convoluted and in a way that's what I love the most about it. Each time a new version is released, I dive into the code and modify it to create my own mods from scratch, and if you are trying to learn about coding Ren'Py games, this is a superb opportunity to see some really cool functionality that goes far, far beyond what you'll find in most other sandbox game scripts.

That's one of the major reasons this game takes longer to load - the scripts are extensive, with many math functions, routines and subroutines. The game doesn't just make extensive use of RNG, it also has weight-distributed probability factoring. When you interact with a character, this is not a VN that just calls up the appropriate image and scene files, but instead references a character that was at least partially randomly generated in looks, clothing, personality, likes and dislikes, it calls her responses from a separate file for personality, and those are influenced by your stats in game, and then other files are referred to for things like what specific event is occurring, what, if any sexual acts are performed (each time you change you switch to a different file in use), etc.

Not only are no two playthroughs ever quite alike, you can interact with the same character in the same place and time of day and get completely different experiences.

Now, you don't have to like that - but THAT is what the game is about, and you really ought to realise and appreciate how damn creative it is. If that's not your thing, then like any other preferences on this site, such as those who like furries while others won't play any game that includes them, then just move on and find a game you like. But you will, absolutely, be missing one of the most original and innovative creations on the entire site.

Sep 8, 2018
I've searched whole treat and didn't find even a single save file. I'm sorry but I've tried this game many times before and I was bored for all. Maybe I could give it a shot with save.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
I posted an update to mine literally a few days ago, on this very thread, and it should be completely compatible with both 15.0 and 15.1. I haven't had the chance to play 15.1 yet but remember it is both, free, and a beta. All the negative people in the thread should remember Vren is still just developing the base systems, he's barely started the story portions.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes