Alex Mars

Mar 3, 2019
Error after Error
Just don't try to produce a serum with zero production cost. Yes, it is possible to design and apply such serum to the production lines without problems. As soon as you advance time however you'll get this crash.

Cheers, Alex

LiosHaven

Mar 27, 2019
Hey may i ask if there is a way to have a woman with hi obediance and sluttiness permanently? Or will i have to use always a serum to keep them that way?

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Hey may i ask if there is a way to have a woman with hi obediance and sluttiness permanently? Or will i have to use always a serum to keep them that way?
Yes, the serum mechanic you want is suggestability. For each point, each advancement of time has a 1% chance of turning a point of temporary sluttiness to core sluttiness. So an early game serum of 35 suggestability will have a 35% chance each turn for this. To raise temporary sluttiness, have sex with them or public sex with someone else in the same area, or thru events.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

popoahoy

Oct 13, 2016
So I've been looking for a way to limit the age range for employees (apart from my usual I don't wanna hire her, even though she's the best candidate because she's old, yes I'm ageist)
I assume Vren put in a range of numbers than can be picked randomly as ages of employees (18-50 I pressume), I thought if i found it, I could simply edit it to something to my liking like (18-30), no I'm not looking to have underage employees. Anyone got any ideas where I might find something like that? I don't have any experience modding Renpy so I'm a bit lost right now.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
So I've been looking for a way to limit the age range for employees (apart from my usual I don't wanna hire her, even though she's the best candidate because she's old, yes I'm ageist)
I assume Vren put in a range of numbers than can be picked randomly as ages of employees (18-50 I pressume), I thought if i found it, I could simply edit it to something to my liking like (18-30), no I'm not looking to have underage employees. Anyone got any ideas where I might find something like that? I don't have any experience modding Renpy so I'm a bit lost right now.
You will find how to change that under the create_random_person function in script.rpy at line 2370.

I believe the default is from 21 to 50 so change that to whatever you like. You might have to go to sleep in-game before it takes full effect.

Python:
if age is None:
            age = renpy.random.randint(21,50)

popoahoy

Oct 13, 2016
You will find how to change that under the create_random_person function in script.rpy at line 2370.

I believe the default is from 21 to 50 so change that to whatever you like. You might have to go to sleep in-game before it takes full affect.

Python:
if age is None:
            age = renpy.random.randint(21,50)
damn that was fast. Thanks for the help.

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Error Code When trying to produce High Capacity Design lv 4 with Basic Medical Aplication lv 3.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just don't try to produce a serum with zero production cost. Yes, it is possible to design and apply such serum to the production lines without problems. As soon as you advance time however you'll get this crash.

Cheers, Alex
This is a bug with the core game. Please report this to Vren at his Patreon. He doesnt visit here. Here, we mostly create mods for the game.
In this case, Vren failed to idiot proof his serum creation system by not making a Production trait required for serum creation.
High Capacity Design is NOT a production serum. It is meant to be used in tandem with a production serum to add an additional trait to the design.

The most difficulty part of idiot-proofing, is most people underestimate the ingenuity of idiots.
So 1) Report the bug to Vren at his Patreon.
2) Use Primitive Serum Production instead of High Capacity Design for a single trait serum, or get used to your errors.

Reactions: Caesarius

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
This game became even more grindy now (since the latest version) - it takes ages to fully research a serum wihtout side effects (below 1 %). VREN really needs to reduce the grind.

Reactions: Donavon

Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
This is a bug with the core game. Please report this to Vren at his Patreon. He doesnt visit here. Here, we mostly create mods for the game.
In this case, Vren failed to idiot proof his serum creation system by not making a Production trait required for serum creation.
High Capacity Design is NOT a production serum. It is meant to be used in tandem with a production serum to add an additional trait to the design.

The most difficulty part of idiot-proofing, is most people underestimate the ingenuity of idiots.
So 1) Report the bug to Vren at his Patreon.
2) Use Primitive Serum Production instead of High Capacity Design for a single trait serum, or get used to your errors.
Didn't realize it had a 0$ production cost I was only looking at the profit margin. :sneaky: Thanks.

ktron

May 6, 2017
Is it just me or did the newest version break the economy?
I used to be able to afford 5 man staff on medical potions.
Now i keep losing money no mather what i try.

Never mind.
I found the puzzle out.
Can you share your secret? I cannot figure out how to keep a positive cash flow.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Can you share your secret? I cannot figure out how to keep a positive cash flow.
Honestly, the hardest part of the game is pretty much the first two weeks. When I start a new game, I usually don't hire anyone until after I have a positive value serum to manufacture. Then I'll hire two supply and two production girls, and I'll work HR first thing in the morning myself and marketing in the evening to sell off anything produced that day. This works well because HR and Supply are the least cost effective positions to staff early on in the game. Then when I get the first staff number upgrade I'll hire one for marketing and one for HR.

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Ancient Chinese secret:

Revenue - Expenses = Profit
Solution 1) Make more
Solution 2) Spend less
I wish I had employees that would work for $50 a day. Id basically be printing money.

It's a part of evolution. No sooner do you make something foolproof than nature evolves a bigger fool.
This is why we should stop putting guard rails on cliff-side roads. Who are we to stand in the way of Darwinism?

Doejhn

Aug 6, 2016
Is there a way to change characters opinions on stuff? I rolled a Stephanie that hates work and it's annoying as hell to try and keep her happy.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Made a Discord server dedicated to Lab Rats 2 if anyone wants to join it. Will mainly be for us to discuss the creation of mods and throw back and forth debugging, share things that don't necessarily warrant their own threads. (e.g clothing packs, or a singular function).

The server is in its infancy so there's not really anything on it yet, but will be documenting best practices and short "how to" guides that should be easy to follow. Hopefully will shape itself up to be a decent utility for those interested in the game.
People are free to ask questions and seek help on how to make modifications to the game, make requests for mods and such.

If you consider yourself a "mod creator" for Lab Rats 2 you will be given your own section in the Discord server that you have free reign over to create channels and host small files.

(link does not expire)

ktron

May 6, 2017
Ancient Chinese secret:

Revenue - Expenses = Profit
Solution 1) Make more
Solution 2) Spend less
I wish I had employees that would work for $50 a day. Id basically be printing money.
Ingenious equation, really. High level economics.
But seriously. If I don't hire any employees, I can make just barely enough stuff to break even. If I hire any employees at all, I cannot make enough to break even. I've tried this four or five times and went belly-up every time. What SHOULD the profit margin be on an early serum? The highest I've been able to get is 70.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes