Others Lamiya the Light Elf Chapter 1: Birth [v1.0] [JohnDoboe]

3.90 star(s) 11 Votes

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
Ok im like 5 mins in and the music is grinding at my right ear.
But god damn why is every character a cunt? like even the voice in your head is a gaslighting bitch. Am i supposed to like anyone? lol wtf.
Bratty dark elves need correction :mad::mad::mad:

But seriously, would it kill to write them to be a bit nicer?

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
windows saying its a trojan virus?

Script/Wacatac.B!ml
Wacatac detections are almost always false positives. Windows is especially guilty of doing a lot of Wacatac detections even though they aren't actually trojans. The trojan does exist of course, but it's searching for something that I believe a lot of clean programs use. If you are really worried about it, considering doing a full scan with your antivirus. Another thing to consider doing is running the program through VirusTotal. Usually any detection number over 20-30 containing mostly the same detection name is a bad sign. If only one thing detects it or everything is detecting something wildly different from eachother, it's probably a false positive.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jolyne9 and Alkasal

Frosty XCIV

Sep 7, 2020
Fixed the 20 plant soft lock by just dying in the area west of the shack. Dont know if its reliable or not though someone will have to confirm

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
MC fucking married women is netori, women in relationship with mc fucking other guys is netorare.

DickBobyson

Dec 25, 2018
I wonder why this game with essentially no content, extremely annoying combat, and that's so goddamn buggy that not even the save function works (and apparently has not worked for the entirety of its development?) alongside a whole bunch of other game breaking issues has such a high score.
dont forget about pay walling.

Carryon

Apr 19, 2017
Nobody likes to get paywalled, obviously, but I personally don't like to give bad reviews solely because of them due to everybody needing money to survive this Hellworld. I cannot really take paywalled content into account when giving a review either, though. Maybe it's good, maybe it's bad, no way to tell.

Regardless, despite my otherwise harsh review, I do have to say I love the concept of beating up elves and then going to town on them. More H games should give you the sex scenes for doing the defeating rather than being the one being defeated, and I just cannot comprehend why they don't since just from a basic game design perspective (reward the player for not being garbage at your game rather than the other way around) it would make far more sense. It's just that the variety of technical issues this game has does not allow the concept to shine as of yet.

TatsumaruOZ

Jan 30, 2019
I can't even save so I didn't play much, but it looks interesting, in the future when the game is more stable I'll give it a good test.

SF155

Apr 1, 2021
This game is interesting, but it is too difficult.
-The ennemy is too strong. The first dark elf i slay, i need to be heal 4 times (yes, i slash her 1 or 2 times, my health drop, so i go to lamiya for healing). 2 hours after, i finnaly win against a dark elf using "only" 4 hearts.
-We can't save
-we can't fast travel
-How does the skill are unlock? it says i can obtain a fifth heart by level 2. But I don't. Finnally, i beat the red slimes (by pure luck and a great strategy. I don't think he is unbalanced, but a heart or two in less will be really great.) and level up to level 5. I go to see the skill, and mircle i can unlock my extra heart, the dodging skill, and i was going to unlock the damage up, but i can't. I tried by leveling to level 6, but i can't unlock the damage up skill. And this skill is needed after.
-The slimes, (not the boss, the others slimes) they are too difficult. When you hit them, the backlash is too small, so, in the time you hit them 3 times, they hit you two times if you're skilled. And when the monastery is invaded by slimes, i'm sorry, i can't win. It's impossible. Except if you use a bug. When you follow lamiya to her house, she will give you 3 potions and she wants yiu to go to mark. But if you quit the house and entered agin in, she will give another 3 potions. (It's not the only bug similar. At the start, inti talk to you to go and not wait mr. Kappa. But if you quit the zone and entered again in, you triggered again the dialogue.). With these potions, you have a "chance" to live. But if you die one timie, you will revived in the center of the monastery, with three slimes. And you will die again, and again....

I don't post this to blame the creator, I just think you need to improve some point.
-access to the inventory,
-access to a tutorial how the game work (the skill part in particuliar)
- weaken a bit the slimes (i think you need to have a greater backlash, or the player hit must be quiker.)
- change the resurection point for the slime invasion,
- I want to save my game please. And load it too.

Alkasal

Jan 2, 2020
this dev has developed a pretty good game:
Lamiya the Light
doesn't deserve any hate. It's true that the sound it's too loud and it's impossible to graduate that in the beginning of the game unless you play at least 10 mins.. Also there is only one lvl of difficulty.. one so high.. but this are the first releases. Please don't try to kill this game.

Perhaps devs only in their Patreon should share a cheat mod (easy mod) only for fappers like us..

Reactions: Migruz2

johndoboe

DYG founder
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2022
Hello Everynyan!

I want to say a huge thanks to everyone who took the time to play the game!

I've read most comments and I've decided instead of replying to each one, like I did in the past, to just have one single paragraph at the end.

First off, If you had a bad experience with the game that is my fault as a dev. The game should be intuitive and fun, the lack of that means I need feedback to correct it, and I'm glad I got a lot of honest criticism this time around.

1.) I've seen this a lot and it's that saving doesn't work. To my knowledge saving has worked since the last version, albeit there is no notification that you saved, but if you click save, exit the game and press continue, you should load up that save. C://.../appdata/Godot/app_userdata/LamiyaVer0.2.3/save.json That is where it is located, that's how my game engine does it. In one of my replies, I mentioned that save works and save slots will be added in ver.0.3. If, however, saving still doesn't work for you it means your pc has denied the game to save, in which case please let me know by using the sad emoji on this comment and if a large number of you can't save I'll figure out how to save the json file in other locations.

2.) Loud music - in settings you can reduce music volume. Unfortunately you have to keep reducing it every time you load the scene, that will be fixed in 0.3

3.) Collecting Pokima plants - I was really trying to get inventory to work so that you guys could visually see where you were at, next time it'll work, but if you open the pause menu and see that you have not crossed out the objective of collecting enough pokima plants, then you may have not collected all 20 of them. But this quest I'll admit is a bit finicky. send me an image if it is crossed out and yet you still cannot progress.

4.) Difficulty - yes this game is hard, it's supposed to be, but the more skills you acquire the better you get. For the people who just want to see the gallery you're better off joining the patreon as that is where all animations with wips are. There will be an easy version but I'm not sure how long that would take, perhaps ver.0.5.

5.) The mega link going to another game - that's not on me, I didn't even add a mega link, that's the mods work, must have been an honest mistake.

6.) The pay wall - ... a lot of people think this game will develop itself and they are entitled to the finished product. No. When you play the game, you will interact with assets that are bought by supporters, you will talk to character sprites made by a pixel artist hired by supporters, etc. That is the eco-system of this game, and the more money that goes into the game the better the game becomes. The Limited version that is free for the public to play is for marketing and to reach people who can't yet afford the game, to take that for granted is disrespectful to supporters who actually make the game, and after this version a lot of new quests, new sex-scenes, new characters, new dialogs will be stripped and made only available for supporters.

7.) Skills not working - that may not be a bug, there is a typo in the code which makes the extra heart skill available at level 3 instead of level 2, I don't know how that got past me and my play testers. Please make sure you are at at least level 3 to see if the skills work. The only skill that looks null would be the magic skill. If, it still doesn't work try switching location and if that still doesn't work kindly send an image of your skills menu at the 'health' column when your player is at level 3.

My philosophy towards this game has been get it out fast and iron it out later, but now I've realized that I was wrong, it is quite damaging to the reputation, despite saying the game is in the early stages of development in the dev notes (Which it is). Therefore as a solo dev I'm going to take more time between updates to make it easy to understand for everyone and with as little hiccups as possible. For those who really like the game, I hope you can be patient. However, sex scenes will start piling up on the patreon and if that interests you, then consider joining.

For the people who felt Sean Murrayed (no man's sky) I apologize.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
and after this version a lot of new quests, new sex-scenes, new characters, new dialogs will be stripped and made only available for supporters.
Putting a sex scene gallery on the Patreon is a fine choice. I'd even give a stretch and say some exclusive sex scenes are fine.

What isn't fine is putting actual gameplay content on the Patreon. Please don't do that. I think we can all see that isn't a very good idea.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
I want to say a huge thanks to everyone who took the time to play the game!
Ehh my message was more "of the moment frustration".
I'm not a fan of how the characters treat the player nor how hopeless/useless everything seems.

But considering your positive attitude, approach and honesty above ill pass you a chunk of feedback.

1. [Bug?] The skills don't seem to unlock properly?
The attack upgrade for example, did not unlock once i reached the level.
- I don't think it functioned either, but than again i dont know as there no damage numbers to notice any change.

2. Combats a mess
- Enemies have a lot of hp/hits to kill from the start.
- Attack range of player and elf is the same, this is annoying.
- Attach range is reliant on direction. Attacking downwards seems to have a bigger hitbox, so enemies above you have an advantage. Players above enemies also has an advantage, but its not enjoyable gameplay.
- Dodging is slow, short and has no/little invulnerability frames. Due to how the enemies function it is mostly useless.
- The player has improper invulnerability frames (flash after being hit), meaning you can be 1 shot if multiple enemies touch you at the same time.

3. Its possible to die in "cutscenes"
- First elf defeat, both hit eachother at same time. Cutscene started than got re-spawned.
Unsure if game functioned properly after that.

4. [bug] When cowgirl is taken to hut everything stops working properly.
I had the witch teleporting all over the place and the cowgirl disappeared without talking to her.

5. Audio.
The issue is not that its loud, its that its uneven and sharp on one side. My right ear was practically bleeding by the time i finished playing.

Ideas:
combat:

If the player is meant to be weak but smart(?), try additions to combat.
- hazards on maps to damage/slow enemies.
- - Like thorny bushes to scratch/slow
- - logs/branches/sticks to trip elves over as the chase you.
- - Mud/puddle to slow/slip/trip into.
- Better dodge? Faster? More control? more invulnerability frames?
- Touch damage is cancer. Give enemies big, swooping or dashing attacks for the player to dodge and counter.

Other:
- Damage numbers and maybe hp bars?
- As you noted, there's no player feedback on if saving works. Flashing up an icon or making a sound should suffice.

This is getting quite long. So i will cut it here, right after i note something positive.

I liked Kappa and the scene before the end of the recent version (where Dark Elf comes out of forest and asks for sex)

johndoboe

DYG founder
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2022
Ehh my message was more "of the moment frustration".
I'm not a fan of how the characters treat the player nor how hopeless/useless everything seems.

But considering your positive attitude, approach and honesty above ill pass you a chunk of feedback.

1. [Bug?] The skills don't seem to unlock properly?
The attack upgrade for example, did not unlock once i reached the level.
- I don't think it functioned either, but than again i dont know as there no damage numbers to notice any change.

2. Combats a mess
- Enemies have a lot of hp/hits to kill from the start.
- Attack range of player and elf is the same, this is annoying.
- Attach range is reliant on direction. Attacking downwards seems to have a bigger hitbox, so enemies above you have an advantage. Players above enemies also has an advantage, but its not enjoyable gameplay.
- Dodging is slow, short and has no/little invulnerability frames. Due to how the enemies function it is mostly useless.
- The player has improper invulnerability frames (flash after being hit), meaning you can be 1 shot if multiple enemies touch you at the same time.

3. Its possible to die in "cutscenes"
- First elf defeat, both hit eachother at same time. Cutscene started than got re-spawned.
Unsure if game functioned properly after that.

4. [bug] When cowgirl is taken to hut everything stops working properly.
I had the witch teleporting all over the place and the cowgirl disappeared without talking to her.

5. Audio.
The issue is not that its loud, its that its uneven and sharp on one side. My right ear was practically bleeding by the time i finished playing.

Ideas:
combat:

If the player is meant to be weak but smart(?), try additions to combat.
- hazards on maps to damage/slow enemies.
- - Like thorny bushes to scratch/slow
- - logs/branches/sticks to trip elves over as the chase you.
- - Mud/puddle to slow/slip/trip into.
- Better dodge? Faster? More control? more invulnerability frames?
- Touch damage is cancer. Give enemies big, swooping or dashing attacks for the player to dodge and counter.

Other:
- Damage numbers and maybe hp bars?
- As you noted, there's no player feedback on if saving works. Flashing up an icon or making a sound should suffice.

This is getting quite long. So i will cut it here, right after i note something positive.

I liked Kappa and the scene before the end of the recent version (where Dark Elf comes out of forest and asks for sex)
Thanks for the chunk of feedback, I will keep referring back to this for the next update, along with other great comments.

Last edited:

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Thanks for the chunk of feedback, I will keep referring back to this for the next update, along with other great points.
Outside of the bugs, they are just feedback and ideas.
Don't see them as a requirement or anything, especially not by the next update. It's your game.

3.90 star(s) 11 Votes