Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fuck it. I've got a little bit of time left before my "48hrs" are up so I changed my mind and doing you a solid, brother.

Toggle relp paths. Once a path has been set via normal playthrough you can then toggle amongst any of those available:
View attachment 2038243

Edit: For those curious: Yes, you the toggle will even allow the "No Girl" path as if you selected "I should just get some sleep". You do you, I won't judge you much :p
Tested the above and works as intended... before you make the choice in Ep4 the cheat will be disabled. This isn't really necessary for me to advance code it this way but will (hopefully) eliminate confusion with some folks who might think they are on a certain path before the damn paths become available. Sometimes you have to save folks from themselves.
1662922979947.png

I've also edited all the stat cheats so their maximums are perfect... you can't overdo it with any of them so these are all bulletproofed.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I need to be honest with you folks, I did add the new cheat due to popular demand but know I already had the damn thing coded in my dev build anyway (except the dummy-proofing). I have a ton of them so I can speedrun faster when bug testing before releasing updates for whatever purpose (VN updates, maintenance updates, new feature adds, etc). So, I just don't want folks to think I'm all "look what I did for you!".... that's not what this is about.

Otherwise I'm getting really close I think. I've got the chamois cloth out and polishing everything I see and so far no bugs have popped up. Again, I appreciate everyone's patience as always.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
Haha, yeah i said that earlyer as well, unfortionaly i also said that there are a bunch of peaps that think differently.
I thought i scared Sancho1969 by remarking some sort of repeated request over at the BaD side of it, heck even i asked the question, but he calmly awnsered me by saying why he didnt wanted to do so till this point, and i understood completely. so yeah he is da best dmn modmaker on this planet, thank you for saying that, all sancho gets these days is *is it updated yet?* *please add money cheat* and other repeated questions, it gladdens me that some also take da time to praise his work, for he propably could use them alot more then the repeated questions :D
Sancho really does deserve as much praise as possible for the work he does especially when you have such walktrough mods that just highlight the ''Best'' choice where you aren't really sure what exactly this best choice gives you and can be a pain in the ass when you are trying to go a solo route in a game that has a harem route...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho really does deserve as much praise as possible for the work he does especially when you have such walktrough mods that just highlight the ''Best'' choice where you aren't really sure what exactly this best choice gives you and can be a pain in the ass when you are trying to go a solo route in a game that has a harem route...
Well, you folks know the way I've seen all this nonsense. There's so many points I'm against but in regards to "best choice" is just plain bullshit. Give the player whatever knowledge they wish (or turn off all the spoilers if the wish as well) and let them decide what's best for themselves. Yes, it takes more effort, but what's the point of doing any job if you aren't willing to do it well? I just hope I'm doing things well enough tbh.

I appreciate everyone's kind words. They are more than enough payment for me to publish private work publicly imho.

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
Well, you folks know the way I've seen all this nonsense. There's so many points I'm against but in regards to "best choice" is just plain bullshit. Give the player whatever knowledge they wish (or turn off all the spoilers if the wish as well) and let them decide what's best for themselves. Yes, it takes more effort, but what's the point of doing any job if you aren't willing to do it well? I just hope I'm doing things well enough tbh.

I appreciate everyone's kind words. They are more than enough payment for me to publish private work publicly imho.
c20.jpg

NyVar

May 23, 2020
There's so many points I'm against but in regards to "best choice" is just plain bullshit. Give the player whatever knowledge they wish (or turn off all the spoilers if the wish as well) and let them decide what's best for themselves.
That's what i love the most! Not many modders doing that, or dev's with built in WT's.
"Go left for that option/kink - Go right for the other option/kink" ect (y)

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
man! hats of to you for how much efforts you are putting into this game. coffee prices are high for you :rolleyes:
I go to the dollar store near me and buy recently expired coffee for like 1/10th the original price. I save so much money on coffee than I used to and I can't even tell the difference in quality.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Well yeah i agree with you there, but well with the latest developements on the other side, a name wich i shant name here, they might end up saying: yeah you may have no reason to add that cheat for urself, but now that i spended all my money on training skills, i cant buy dinner to a certain person for an extra point with her... and i just hope they wont presure him on that point, as much as i'd propably use the cheat myself if it is implented, Sancho realy put hours and hours into his mod, and it be a waste by a simple cheat, yet they continu asking for it.

yet hardly anyone praises him overthere, thats why i love this side, aside from the occasional (is the mod done yet?) we do praise him for his job, and well maybe after he releases his mod here, perhaps maybe a new patch in case he missed a point or two..this side might fall silent, including the praises.

and yeah Sancho1969 deserves all da praises, heck if any donating sites accepted iDeal i would donate his arse off, or on, depending whats less horrified for him :D

But there ya have it, i simply wish that peaps would thank him for the job he has done for us, in his own time, for us. instaid of asking for more and more. its like a stay home dad, or mom, noone ever thanks them for cleaning their rooms, or doing their laundry, all they see is that after spending so many hours of taking care of them at home, that he/she is watching TV and say..hey youre only watching TV?! cant you make us dinner?!

Fortionaly for me i was raised right by my mom. she only ever cleaned my room after i was able to do so myself once. and being autistic as i was back then i couldnt find this, i couldnt find that, becouse they werent at their usual spot..so after i told my mom, thanks for cleaning my room, i do appreciate it, but i'd like to do it myself again. but how about i help you do the dishes and help ya cook as a thank you none da less?

okey im rambling on, sorry guys :giggle:

Reactions: DarhkBlu

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
OK folks.... if my shitty calculations are correct I still have ~1hr before my goal of releasing under 48hrs of VN availability. I've not found any more bugs but I have one very important thing left to do before I compile and throw it on the bench testing machines for integrity.... I have to close out the ending proper with the mod. You might not have even noticed but I've done this will all previous chapters (and if you didn't notice then I did a good job). I slowly take the mod out of the equation during episode closings and bring it back slowly during episode openings. With that said it's the last thing on my list to do for Ep8. This takes a little time as I place things in the exact scene spots as I possibly can to go unnoticed but bear with me... we're almost done with this beast.

You folks that held out for the mod, I sincerely am doing everything possible to make your wait live up to what you expect. Give me ~1 more hour or less and I should be back on here to let you know I'm in the compiling stage for final bench testing. If that all goes well then I'm pushing it out. So, you'll have a minimum of one more post from me before announcement.

Regards.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
I go to the dollar store near me and buy recently expired coffee for like 1/10th the original price. I save so much money on coffee than I used to and I can't even tell the difference in quality.
make ur own coffee is always cheaper then ordering coffee at buckstars (for example), i too buy 1000x spoons of caffeeine free coffee for 5 euro and it too saves me alot of money, unfortionaly i smoke, so all the money i save ends up going to a new pack of cigarets :D

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
OK folks.... if my shitty calculations are correct I still have ~1hr before my goal of releasing under 48hrs of VN availability. I've not found any more bugs but I have one very important thing left to do before I compile and throw it on the bench testing machines for integrity.... I have to close out the ending proper with the mod. You might not have even noticed but I've done this will all previous chapters (and if you didn't notice then I did a good job). I slowly take the mod out of the equation during episode closings and bring it back slowly during episode openings. With that said it's the last thing on my list to do for Ep8. This takes a little time as I place things in the exact scene spots as I possibly can to go unnoticed but bear with me... we're almost done with this beast.

You folks that held out for the mod, I sincerely am doing everything possible to make your wait live up to what you expect. Give me ~1 more hour or less and I should be back on here to let you know I'm in the compiling stage for final bench testing. If that all goes well then I'm pushing it out. So, you'll have a minimum of one more post from me before announcement.

Regards.
Give this god a round of applause guys, he deserves it :D (or bow as he walks by, i would)

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021

Regards.
Even though I've been eager to play the new release, I would gladly wait all week for your mod as I know it will make it more enjoyable for myself. Great work as always

Reactions: Elhemeer

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Hey Sancho1969 does your workaround for the old music also works with your updated mod?

I bet you allready posted the answer to this question somewhere but the LoF topics are currently overflowing so i might have missed it.
Got all the audiofiles copied and ready to be pasted. Wouldn't want to miss that awesome music which belongs to LoF. :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho1969 does your workaround for the old music also works with your updated mod?

I bet you allready posted the answer to this question somewhere but the LoF topics are currently overflowing so i might have missed it.
Got all the audiofiles copied and ready to be pasted. Wouldn't want to miss that awesome music which belongs to LoF. :D
No bud, the RPA music files are so you minimize exception errors when you load previous saves (since most of those saves had music playing that is no longer in the new VN). The music swap mod will be an add-on (think "DLC") later if and when I get to it. I can only do so much in ~35 hours as you can probably guess.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
No bud, the RPA music files are so you minimize exception errors when you load previous saves (since most of those saves had music playing that is no longer in the new VN). The music swap mod will be an add-on (think "DLC") later if and when I get to it. I can only do so much in ~35 hours as you can probably guess.
Thanks for the quick respons, eventhough you got loads to do now.
I knew you were talking about and add-on for the music but i purely ment it for a complete new run once your mod is updated.
Since it's the final i want to relive the whole story again. But preferably with the old music ofc. hehe
And btw, much appreciated how to throw yourself at your mods. RESPECT!

Reactions: Sancho1969

werag17897

Feb 2, 2020
make ur own coffee is always cheaper then ordering coffee at buckstars (for example), i too buy 1000x spoons of caffeeine free coffee for 5 euro and it too saves me alot of money, unfortionaly i smoke, so all the money i save ends up going to a new pack of cigarets :D
That, and you actually get coffee, buckstars is sugar, cream, little bit of coffee and "natural flavours" aka chemicals to make it taste like coffee or to get you addicted. ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD BUCKSTARS.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The mod will be working with the steam version? tks
It will be just like Ch7... basically the Steam version. For non-Steam players the only thing they will notice is the location of their saves in "AppData" folder will be different. Other than than non-Steam players see no difference but Steam players get all the cheevo triggers, Steam Deck mode options, etc.

Reactions: RyuukuLS

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Wait there are people who buy coffee at starbucks? I thought only hipsters go there to buy their trippellattevanillacherrycocobutterjizz with coffee aroma and sprinkles. :unsure:

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes