• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
That, and you actually get coffee, buckstars is sugar, cream, little bit of coffee and "natural flavours" aka chemicals to make it taste like coffee or to get you addicted. ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD BUCKSTARS.
Why would they need to add chemicals to get you addicted when coffee already does that with caffeine lol
What a wild conspiracy theory.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Damn!!! In my country I can get any whole bean coffee from around the world at 10 to 15 USD for a bag of 2 pounds (around 970 gr). Except Kona coffee because the Americans insist on selling that stuff at 17 USD for 1 pound, and let's be real nobody is going to buy that while having a shelf with international premium coffees next to it.

And yeah, Starfucks is just coffee flavored sugar. :ROFLMAO: BLACK COFFEE FTW!!!

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Damn!!! In my country I can get any whole bean coffee from around the world at 10 to 15 USD for a bag of 2 pounds (around 970 gr). Except Kona coffee because the Americans insist on selling that stuff at 17 USD for 1 pound, and let's be real nobody is going to buy that while having a shelf with international premium coffees next to it.

And yeah, Starfucks is just coffee flavored sugar. :ROFLMAO: BLACK COFFEE FTW!!!
It's not that we insist on making Kona coffee expensive, it's that expensive because of the labor required to harvest it. It's harvested by hand and they also have to pay at least US minimum wage for their labor because it's grown in the US, unlike pretty much every other coffee brand which can pay their laborers table scraps in comparison because they source their beans from countries with little to no labor laws. Also have to factor in that it's shipping from Hawaii to the mainland US warehouses before being exported overseas, which further increases the price.

Last edited:
Reactions: v1900

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
OK folks.... if my shitty calculations are correct I still have ~1hr before my goal of releasing under 48hrs of VN availability. I've not found any more bugs but I have one very important thing left to do before I compile and throw it on the bench testing machines for integrity.... I have to close out the ending proper with the mod. You might not have even noticed but I've done this will all previous chapters (and if you didn't notice then I did a good job). I slowly take the mod out of the equation during episode closings and bring it back slowly during episode openings. With that said it's the last thing on my list to do for Ep8. This takes a little time as I place things in the exact scene spots as I possibly can to go unnoticed but bear with me... we're almost done with this beast.

You folks that held out for the mod, I sincerely am doing everything possible to make your wait live up to what you expect. Give me ~1 more hour or less and I should be back on here to let you know I'm in the compiling stage for final bench testing. If that all goes well then I'm pushing it out. So, you'll have a minimum of one more post from me before announcement.

Regards.
Did I say ~1hr? I know, I know. I've got the Steph and NoGirl paths left to do the mod transitions (aesthetics). Steph is easy I already know and the NoGirl should be a no-brainer too. It's just after 1700 hours so it's technically whiskey-thirty in my neck of the woods so I'm going to grab one real quick and knock the rest of this out. I'm real close to compiling this up folks, just a bit longer please. Thanks.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Did I say ~1hr? I know, I know. I've got the Steph and NoGirl paths left to do the mod transitions (aesthetics). Steph is easy I already know and the NoGirl should be a no-brainer too. It's just after 1700 hours so it's technically whiskey-thirty in my neck of the woods so I'm going to grab one real quick and knock the rest of this out. I'm real close to compiling this up folks, just a bit longer please. Thanks.
Dude... deadlines be gone... you are done when you are done.
No need to rush. ;) :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, last fucking path to polish out:
1662936011220.png

It should go quick then I'm going to cleanup my code, lock that shit down to keep the bandits at bay, compile it, throw it on 3 bench test machines for integrity.... and if that goes as planned (and I'm fairly certain it will) then I'm pushing this beast out.

Thanks again for the moral support. It's real easy to get burnout coding this many hours straight and you good folks keep me going thru the tedious grinding I have to go through. This would have taken 1/2 the time if not for that damn R8 decision made but oh well, I've jotted down a ton of notes for the next time it happens (I'm looking at you BaD, UoP, etc).

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
It's not that we insist on making Kona coffee expensive, it's that expensive because of the labor required to harvest it. It's harvested by hand and they also have to pay at least US minimum wage for their labor because it's grown in the US, unlike pretty much every other coffee brand which can pay their laborers table scraps in comparison because they source their beans from countries with little to no labor laws. Also have to factor in that it's shipping from Hawaii to the mainland US warehouses before being exported overseas, which further increases the price.
Hard to say with absolute certainty, how so. Take pork, chicken and beef for example bought imported from the US it's only 10% to 20% more expensive in my country. Produce is almost the same for certain items like strawberries and blueberries but almost double for others like apples. I suspect there's some other hidden fuckery involved like maintaining the Kona name prestige or trade deals. Tin foil hat moment. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, last fucking path to polish out:
View attachment 2038594

It should go quick then I'm going to cleanup my code, lock that shit down to keep the bandits at bay, compile it, throw it on 3 bench test machines for integrity.... and if that goes as planned (and I'm fairly certain it will) then I'm pushing this beast out.

Thanks again for the moral support. It's real easy to get burnout coding this many hours straight and you good folks keep me going thru the tedious grinding I have to go through. This would have taken 1/2 the time if not for that damn R8 decision made but oh well, I've jotted down a ton of notes for the next time it happens (I'm looking at you BaD, UoP, etc).
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Seems Drifty didn't consider someone might be on the NoGirl path.... the very end before the credits is a little....shall we say "off". Fuck it. I'm not going to change his code. Anyone who chose the NoGirl path has to be asking themselves what the fuck is going on anyway. Let me get this code cleaned up and put a bow on this beast.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Seems Drifty didn't consider someone might be on the NoGirl path.... the very end before the credits is a little....shall we say "off". Fuck it. I'm not going to change his code. Anyone who chose the NoGirl path has to be asking themselves what the fuck is going on anyway. Let me get this code cleaned up and put a bow on this beast.
Now I have to play that at least once to see what you are talking about. :KEK:

Cedroc1701

Mar 1, 2022
People on the NoGirl path are like those people who smash through the "dead end" signs on a highway and end up sailing off the end of the road into a huge canyon. What did you think was going to happen? :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, sure, I doubt even Kona is above hiring some illegal immigrants to circumvent labor laws. Your examples aren't the greatest, though, because our produce and meat industries are notorious for their use of illegal immigrants and machinery in place of official labor. Our meat industry is especially bad with how cruel many of them treat the animals to maximize profit. Being a farmer in the US is one of the shittiest, most demanding, and least rewarding fields possible due to big industry moving in.
Hey, hey now... none of that in here please sir. I'm a man who smokes briskets on the weekends and grills ribeyes at least 3x per week.... and stay in the great state of TX. I've family and friends owning and working both ranches and farms. Let's leave "politics and religion" out of our camaraderie please sir. Thank you so much for your understanding. I respect your opinions but let's express those types of views on platforms more appropriate... if you don't mind. Thanks again.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Well, sure, I doubt even Kona is above hiring some illegal immigrants to circumvent labor laws. Your examples aren't the greatest, though, because our produce and meat industries are notorious for their use of illegal immigrants and machinery in place of official labor. Our meat industry is especially bad with how cruel many of them treat the animals to maximize profit. Being a farmer in the US is one of the shittiest, most demanding, and least rewarding fields possible due to big industry moving in. A lot of farming industries are also subsidized by the government on top of that. Meat and produce are dirt cheap in the US, unless you buy very specific brands.
I'll give you that, they keep competitive by cutting corners. Also considering how much Kona is produced yearly and yeah, they can't sell by volume.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Hey, hey now... none of that in here please sir. I'm a man who smokes briskets on the weekends and grills ribeyes at least 3x per week.... and stay in the great state of TX. I've family and friends owning and working both ranches and farms. Let's leave "politics and religion" out of our camaraderie please sir. Thank you so much for your understanding. I respect your opinions but let's express those types of views on platforms more appropriate... if you don't mind. Thanks again.
Finish that meal with pound cake glassed with whiskey sauce or a Kentucky Butter Cake with whiskey instead of rum. :eek::coffee: ... and black coffee of course.

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
The anticipation to play this game is just so great,I haven't played this game since when the latest chapter was the 4th and even then I didn't even play the 4th chapter but only up to the end of chapter 3 and back then when I stopped playing I had decided to just wait it out till the game was finished so waiting for this mod to be completed has just added to my desire to play but I know the wait for the mod is worth it and its gonna be so good to play the whole game start to finish in one go especially since it means I get to relive my favorite moment from the begining of chapter 2...So once again I have to thank you for your hard work on this mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
OK, let's get this out of the way:

I'm not going to technical support non-loadable saves. Follow the notes here. I just copied 20 old random saves to each of the 3 test machines, tried loading them and ended up with a 5% failure rate (1 out of 20 failed). Yes, that's not totally scientific but it's fucking close enough to know that if you use the mod and follow the instructions you have a very good chance of success. If it doesn't load a save then try another or start over, whatever you prefer. I've done all I can for the issue.

That's it. Now, obviously integrity tests have passed so give me a few minutes to upload to sharing servers, update the OP, etc. I'll make an official release post like I always do.

Be back in a bit...

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes