Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is today a realistic ETA or not, it seems like a lot of work. Thanks for sharing progress updates btw!
May I ask if there is an ETA of the walkthrough mod?
Sancho is probably done working on the mod for tonight, so I'd expect sometime tomorrow(much later today) is the most likely.
Sancho1969 doesn't really do ETA's. It's done when it's done.
Sancho cares more about quality over quantity when it comes to mod releases.
I've rarely seen Sancho give an actual ETA unless he's at the stage of testing the mod, and even then it's an "in case there are no issues" type of ETA.
It's Sunday so Sancho also deserves a day off
Good morning. On my first cup of coffee after a 6hr nap. I made my semi-last update post in the VN's thread here. I'll save you the click:

" SanchoMod should be completed sometime tomorrow (it's 0100 hours here currently for reference). The goal is for less than 48 hours after the VN update dropped out of nowhere (maybe I'll get next weekend off). I appreciate the patience of folks but as you know this VN is special to most of us so I refuse to cut any corners in my production efforts. I've corrected many issues of the base VN due to it's conversion to R8 along the way including salvaging most older saves. I've been posting regular updates in the mod's thread as I go so there's that as well. Regards. "

That means the goal is today before my 48hrs runs out. It also means that I won't have the time needed to put every single feature I want into it (I really want to go back and re-write the dynamic ChoiceGuide for the previous chapters) but I can do that when I have time to look at the music replacement "DLC" mod later I guess.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Still hammering out gallery code (fixing the OEM code as I go). I'm going to grab some late dinner (it's after midnight here) then get back to it. Bottom 2 rows is the Ch8 so far, bulletproofed. Reckon I have the Holly scenes left:
Looking back at my last log notes I wrote at ~0230 hours this morning I need to work on this cup of coffee, figure out how I'm going to do the Holly scenes (there's two variants, I won't spoil it, but I'm on the fence about a one-scene combo or two separate scenes) so I'll have to do some coding there, AND I likely have to update Canto Forte's montage of the Robin/Kira Compilation Montage gallery scene. That compilation will take me a bit as folding in the two new scenes needs to be done in context or I'd be doing it a disservice. If I don't do it then Canto will most likely wag his finger at me, reminding me I'm better than that :ROFLMAO:

NyVar

May 23, 2020
Good morning. On my first cup of coffee after a 6hr nap. I made my semi-last update post in the VN's thread here. I'll save you the click:

" SanchoMod should be completed sometime tomorrow (it's 0100 hours here currently for reference). The goal is for less than 48 hours after the VN update dropped out of nowhere (maybe I'll get next weekend off). I appreciate the patience of folks but as you know this VN is special to most of us so I refuse to cut any corners in my production efforts. I've corrected many issues of the base VN due to it's conversion to R8 along the way including salvaging most older saves. I've been posting regular updates in the mod's thread as I go so there's that as well. Regards. "

That means the goal is today before my 48hrs runs out. It also means that I won't have the time needed to put every single feature I want into it (I really want to go back and re-write the dynamic ChoiceGuide for the previous chapters) but I can do that when I have time to look at the music replacement "DLC" mod later I guess.
Thanksfor sharing your work, man!
I have no, absolutely no knowledge on how to, or how time consuming modding is. Not any longer atleast! (I used to make maps/scenarios on AoE2 in the early 2000's xD Before all shortcuts for implements ect)
But sharing it on here for all of us for free is amazing :) That's like some good-hearted Mother Theresa shit :D

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanksfor sharing your work, man!
I have no, absolutely no knowledge on how to, or how time consuming modding is. Not any longer atleast! (I used to make maps/scenarios on AoE2 in the early 2000's xD Before all shortcuts for implements ect)
But sharing it on here for all of us for free is amazing :) That's like some good-hearted Mother Theresa shit :D
:ROFLMAO: I don't know about Mother Theresa... but I guess I'll take it over motherfucker this early in the day :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Looking back at my last log notes I wrote at ~0230 hours this morning I need to work on this cup of coffee, figure out how I'm going to do the Holly scenes (there's two variants, I won't spoil it, but I'm on the fence about a one-scene combo or two separate scenes) so I'll have to do some coding there, AND I likely have to update Canto Forte's montage of the Robin/Kira Compilation Montage gallery scene. That compilation will take me a bit as folding in the two new scenes needs to be done in context or I'd be doing it a disservice. If I don't do it then Canto will most likely wag his finger at me, reminding me I'm better than that :ROFLMAO:
OK, Canto Forte, your dedicated montage for all 7 scenes are now stitched together in grand Sancho fashion (meaning I did the best I can :ROFLMAO:). Please keep your "well, can the mod do this or that" comments to a minimum in the future, you make me work too hard bud!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
1662908647851.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FWIW: I'm going to take the 1-2 hours necessary (edit: 30mins to 1hr) to rewrite Drifty's base gallery code as explain in this post. I think it best for him and everyone else to raise the bar on it a bit. I don't think it will interfere with my release schedule if I stay focused on code entry.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FWIW: I'm going to take the 1-2 hours necessary (edit: 30mins to 1hr) to rewrite Drifty's base gallery code as explain in this post. I think it best for him and everyone else to raise the bar on it a bit. I don't think it will interfere with my release schedule if I stay focused on code entry.
OEM gallery code rewrite done... yea! Now... that Holly combo scene coding... to combo or separate. I'll grab another cup of coffee and sort the last 2 scenes out. After that I think I'm onto a few speedruns and polishing the wheels on this hot rod. Downhill slide folks (barring any unforeseen obstacles of course).

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
tHE HOLLY COMBINATIONS were really tricky most of the time, then we would
end up with no options when the time came for us to give love to both Exi and Olly.
Any way to make it kinetic or ensure we go down on every inch of her astounding body?

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: jhustrue

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
tHE HOLLY COMBINATIONS were really tricky most of the time, then we would
end up with no options when the time came for us to give love to both Exi and Olly.
Any way to make it kinetic or ensure we go down on every inch of her astounding body?
I've got you. I have decided to make her last two scenes separate scenes just as they playout via pathing... so no way the player can fuck it up. Circled below (the thumbnails will change, they are just placeholders while I finish them):
1662913548393.png
Also, your "montage" will be the very last scene available so it goes out with a BANG! (well, several bangs all in one really) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoGallery complete. 8 new scenes with pinpoint start/stop transitioning, Canto mantage rewrite, 32 scenes total. All with character and sub-type filtering.
1662915442186.png
Next on the plate: Grab a sandwich, blast some speedruns for bug hunting, and polishing tweaks. We have light at the end of the tunnel here folks, I'm fairly confident. If I hit a roadblock at this point it would be extremely surprising (but crazier things have happened).

DarkAssassin

I, for one, welcome our new android overlords.
Modder
Donor
Nov 2, 2017
I sincerely hope I'll be dropping the mic when I get this out in a few hours... I'd like to have the evening off to actually play the finally myself along with a bit of whiskey of course.
man! hats of to you for how much efforts you are putting into this game. coffee prices are high for you :rolleyes:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
man! hats of to you for how much efforts you are putting into this game. coffee prices are high for you :rolleyes:
Like many I adore this VN and really just want to do right by the whole fanbase. As you know it's a tricky thing (just like my mods for other AAA titles) in that so many tens of thousands of folks use the mod and all want something different. It's extremely hard to implement everything in a way to suit most folks and keep the aesthetic true to the original VN (so it doesn't look tacked on but rather a part of it, as if it was always there to begin with). As you also are keenly aware it's a helluva lot of work but a labor of love nonetheless. It's a lot of weight on my shoulders if I'm being honest.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho Pre-release reminders for myself and to get others up to speed before launch:

OK, I'm making a quick post to remind me to put this info in the release post when it's ready.

Notes about loading old saves to get the best bang for your buck (a restart is still recommended to insure 100% stability due to the dev's move to R8 but these notes will get you near 100%):
  • Follow the instructions on the old music files found here in this thread or here in the VN's thread.
  • If you have the MiniStat open then toggle it Off/On after the load. This will reset it's required code so it will function automatically when I need it to. You only have to do this with old saves. If you save it after doing this you won't have to cycle the menu again. All new saves going forward you're good to go.
I'll edit this to jot notes down in preparation of the release... so it goes a smooth as possible for folks and minimizes my "technical support" duties.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
im kinda wondering, is there gonna be a way to activate or deactivate paths with the mod or are they hard-locked?
Fuck it. I've got a little bit of time left before my "48hrs" are up so I changed my mind and doing you a solid, brother.

Toggle relp paths. Once a path has been set via normal playthrough you can then toggle amongst any of those available:
1662921358109.png

Edit: For those curious: Yes, the toggle will even allow the "No Girl" path as if you selected "I should just get some sleep". You do you, I won't judge you much :p

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 11 Votes