• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes
Oct 29, 2018
Leap of faith Version 1.0.1s (2022.0912.135721) was just released on steam.
Is the mod compatible with that version?

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Leap of faith Version 1.0.1s (2022.0912.135721) was just released on steam.
Is the mod compatible with that version?
It should most certainly be... that was the intent. Drifty hasn't said anything changed but I can't currently confirm. the version (v1.0.1s) correlates exactly as I have coded in the mod for what it's worth.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Any change you could drop a hint on how to decompile the game's original rpyc files?

I'd like to take a stab at adding back the removed music because it just feels wrong without them and i just couldn't make unrpyc work with renpy 8 and python3...
Well, at the risk of sounding like an asshole since I'm sure you won't see my perspective:

You're basically telling me you want to break into my house, take my things, AND give you the key to do so more easily.

Nope. I was the one who brought up the whole swap project to begin with, did the initial work to have folks setup for when I have it done (by grabbing the correct original music RPAs), and made numerous posts regarding the intent. Sorry bud, I've not worked hundreds of hours on this title and on setting up a proper SanchoMod OG Audio version to just hand it all over before I'm even done with it.

Again, I'm not being an asshole, but surely you can see where I'm coming from, right?

• Red Heart
Reactions: A.K.A87
Oct 29, 2018
It should most certainly be... that was the intent. Drifty hasn't said anything changed but I can't currently confirm. the version (v1.0.1s) correlates exactly as I have coded in the mod for what it's worth.
- typos corrected
- ringtones exchanged with new ones
- "social butterfly" achievement should trigger properly now
(achievement should pop already at Stephs' letter in chapter 3).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
- typos corrected
- ringtones exchanged with new ones
- "social butterfly" achievement should trigger properly now
(achievement should pop already at Stephs' letter in chapter 3).
Oh, I see what you mean, he released a maintenance update to the recently released 1.0.1s? If so, no, the mod does not have those changes in them. If you install the mod inside then it will be reverted back to the original v1.0.1s

Oct 29, 2018
Oh, I see what you mean, he released a maintenance update to the recently released 1.0.1s? If so, no, the mod does not have those changes in them. If you install the mod inside then it will be reverted back to the original v1.0.1s
Oh ok, sorry for bothering you, should I play with the version the mod supports, or should I wait for the mod update?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh ok, sorry for bothering you, should I play with the version the mod supports, or should I wait for the mod update?
You're not bothering me bud. I'll have to look at the scripts to insure compatibility both ways. I don't have an answer for you just yet. Ringtones are minor, typos are minor, the cheevo I don't know.

Reactions: SirDarkWarrior

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
Without me knowing how your installation looks like let's do this the easy way. Make a newly name directory and install a fresh copy of Ch8 (either compressed or uncompressed, it doesn't matter which), then install the mod into it's "game" folder. Don't do anything else. Just that. Test.
I did, and still the same, however I tested with a new game and the menu shows up, but with a save from previous version it does not, so it seems that old saves also have problem with that.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I did, and still the same, however I tested with a new game and the menu shows up, but with a save from previous version it does not, so it seems that old saves also have problem with that.
Hmmmm... then that "save" was not made unmodded or via SanchoMod. Maybe it was with some other modification?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

I'll likely have a separate version of SanchoMod available soon: SanchoMod SE Audio Edition.

What this will be designed to do is take the preparation work I had you do while installing the current SanchoMod for Ch8, and use those files along with the new SE (special edition) to revert Ch1-Ch7 back to the original music, playing exactly as it was before, when it was before.

Stay tuned for additional info. I've tested the initial Chapter with success so I either have the correct template now or it will all fall apart :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, you know I can pull it off since the current SanchoMod already reinstalled the "Limo Scene" song as it was. Just bear with me as you know I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
I'll throw my cents in the mixer about saves.
All my non-moded saves pre-ep8 = borked. (I could prolly load them up in ep7 and save, using Sancho's mod to fix that.)
One of my modded save sets worked fine. But two other sets needed that I did the audio copy bit, which Sancho has explained earlier in the thread.So for me, that's a 33% hasslefree working moded-saves.
After I finished my Lexi run(previously modded), I actually just restarted the entire game.(deleted all saved and persistent)
1 page for "impact choices" so I can go back to whichever needed in later paths.
1 page for each LI. + 1 for secret. 10 pages total should be fine.

Even if final path choice don't matter until EP4, I still try to do "solo" from get go, hence the "impact save page".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To get all paths done, I estimate about 16 hours total for most, using CTRL, if even that.

What's the point for me writing this?
Well. Why not start from scratch and re-enjoy this gem of a game, using Sancho's mod from the beginning?
Sancho's done an amazing job!

So, Thank you Sancho for your amazing, and hard work!

PS. I forgot to test the "path selection" at EP4. I'm sure you did great on that too!
So I'll try to remember checking it out later on next runs! ><

Reactions: Elhemeer

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
Hmmmm... then that "save" was not made unmodded or via SanchoMod. Maybe it was with some other modification?
Ah I noticed I didn't used Sanchomod in the previous version, so that is what causing it, but no big deal, game is working fine otherwise with the mod

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho1969

joet

Nov 17, 2020
Hello and very good work with the mod !! That's great.

Was working fine before the minor "today update" but since the update, the "help" in dialog choice does not appear anymore. Everything else seems to be ok on my short play.

Edit: in fact I think the way disabled choice are displayed has changed, that's may be why the choice help does not appear anymore.

Edit2 : My bad.. I have retrieved the update for the version but it seems I forget to install it.... Sorry... And still very good jobs :)

Last edited:

Tincho_SI

Mar 9, 2020
To install the mod on android it's just copy the mod files into the game folder? I've tried that and the game crash, help please. Thanks

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

I'll likely have a separate version of SanchoMod available soon: SanchoMod SE Audio Edition.

What this will be designed to do is take the preparation work I had you do while installing the current SanchoMod for Ch8, and use those files along with the new SE (special edition) to revert Ch1-Ch7 back to the original music, playing exactly as it was before, when it was before.

Stay tuned for additional info. I've tested the initial Chapter with success so I either have the correct template now or it will all fall apart :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, you know I can pull it off since the current SanchoMod already reinstalled the "Limo Scene" song as it was. Just bear with me as you know I'm a bit of a perfectionist.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

I think I have it working for the most part. I have to update the OEM "Playlist" so there's more work to do.... but SanchoMod SE Audio Edition could be a thing later today!

Lord_Incubus

Jul 12, 2017
¥Ø, well done, very nice mod.... except (maybe I'm blind) the fact we can't rename female characters :'(
Can't you do the same/similar as before in "Nursing Back to Pleasure" ?

Tincho_SI

Mar 9, 2020
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

I think I have it working for the most part. I have to update the OEM "Playlist" so there's more work to do.... but SanchoMod SE Audio Edition could be a thing later today!
Do I have to install the mod in the game folder on Android? I've downloaded the jeevant version and tried to install your mod, but the game crash.

Nothing to do with this game,, could you port "what could go wrong" for Android please. Thanks

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Do I have to install the mod in the game folder on Android? I've downloaded the jeevant version and tried to install your mod, but the game crash.

Nothing to do with this game,, could you port "what could go wrong" for Android please. Thanks
SanchoMod should be joiplay compatible. I have no idea when you use someone else's stuff though.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
¥Ø, well done, very nice mod.... except (maybe I'm blind) the fact we can't rename female characters :'(
Can't you do the same/similar as before in "Nursing Back to Pleasure" ?
This was intentionally "left out". I could not in good conscience do it knowing how much consideration Drifty took into naming characters. Sure, I could have easily done it but the overall fan base wouldn't even consider doing it and I didn't need folks coming at me with pitchforks and torches. :ROFLMAO:

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes