Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho. Do you have any idea why all the animations in all chapters, are very laggy and freezing in this complete version of the game? I had very smooth animations in all the previous versions of the game. Is there any way to fix it or is my laptop just not good enough for this latest version?
Sounds like you're overtaxing the GPU. If you are using an integrated GPU, right-click on the game's exe before running and select to run it via your secondary GPU (such as your NVDIA)

jwhu

Nov 25, 2020
Sounds like you're overtaxing the GPU. If you are using an integrated GPU, right-click on the game's exe before running and select to run it via your secondary GPU (such as your NVDIA)
Thanks for the fast reply but i forgot to mention im using a Mac (i know they suck) so thats not possible for me. I still have chapter 7 version of the game and animations work perfectly so im bit confused why the same animations lag and freeze on the complete chapter 8 version.

CalicoBROOJ

Oct 6, 2021
jwhu I have the same issues. My laptop is rather weak but I usually do not have any issues playing animations from games like BaDIK or eternum. But the anims in this release are very choppy. I'm downloading the compressed version to see if its any better.

Reactions: jwhu

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for the fast reply but i forgot to mention im using a Mac (i know they suck) so thats not possible for me. I still have chapter 7 version of the game and animations work perfectly so im bit confused why the same animations lag and freeze on the complete chapter 8 version.
It's running on a newer version of RenPy, v8 to be specific.... memory and GPU taxing is likely more efficient on PC and maybe not so much on Mac. Try to maximize your memory by stopping all unnecessary auxiliary programs, etc. Anything you do to give yourself more memory and GPU % is a win.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I may not finish all the speed runs due to time if I'm going to get this out but I've not found any issues through all routes through mid-Ch4 so far. I think I might have nailed this pretty solid on the first shot. I've taken the time to insure that folks can swap the mod version as they wish, anytime they wish.... all if the prep is done by the player meaning you MUST have the 7 RPAs in the "game" folder. Either mod version works fine that way.... new music or old is all done automatically after that.

I even added a SanchoTopGun tweak to the airport scene for shits and giggles.

The HollyPath cheat coding isn't done so it will have to wait for another day. My next big issue is that the official steam version was updated this morning which means very soon I'll have to port TWO mods over to that (since there will now be 2 versions of the mod). The things I get myself into....

• Wow
Reactions: Elhemeer

Orphee

Nov 19, 2021
Either you learn English or I learn Chinese. Other than that I'd have to teach you proper decompile and recompile of code.
Oh, haha, learning to decompile and recompile code correctly is much more difficult than learning English. Although I am old, I still decided to learn English. In fact, there are many translated games, in-game dialogues and related mods. Most of the options have been understood! Thank you for your efforts Sancho1969, your mod is the best I've ever played, bar none!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh, haha, learning to decompile and recompile code correctly is much more difficult than learning English. Although I am old, I still decided to learn English. In fact, there are many translated games, in-game dialogues and related mods. Most of the options have been understood! Thank you for your efforts Sancho1969, your mod is the best I've ever played, bar none!
I'm honored to have brought any addition benefit to your experience, indeed. We'll figure something out with translation. I've worked on of my mods "Summer Wtih Mia" to Ukrainian so I know anything is doable.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I simply can't find any issues at all with the SE Audio Edition version... like absolutely none. I always find something so it kinda bothers me.

Fuck it. I think I'm going to package this sucker up and throw it on the bench testers.

jwhu

Nov 25, 2020
It's running on a newer version of RenPy, v8 to be specific.... memory and GPU taxing is likely more efficient on PC and maybe not so much on Mac. Try to maximize your memory by stopping all unnecessary auxiliary programs, etc. Anything you do to give yourself more memory and GPU % is a win.
I will give it a try. thanks for the help and the awesome work you do with all your mods.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I simply can't find any issues at all with the SE Audio Edition version... like absolutely none. I always find something so it kinda bothers me.

Fuck it. I think I'm going to package this sucker up and throw it on the bench testers.
cant wait, gimme gimme gimme :D didnt expect you work so hard on it... nice nice... :)

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
yeah of course, but iam not able to uplaod them if its necessary for anyone... just have free-account at mega... dont think that is enough

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Additional Version Update (Ch8)

SanchoMod SE OG Audio Edition (original music version)
Go get you some. (Drops the mic...again)

Links in the OP are updated accordingly.

Please read the MANDATORY extra installation notes here.

Latest features:
  • Don't you dare ask what the feature is, you damn well know. :ROFLMAO:
  • Bonus - Includes SanchoTopGun in the Ch3 "Airport" scene.
Yes, you can freely install this on top of the standard version. Yes, you can even install the standard version over this. Pick what you want when you want. That's how we roll.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Bäm, my hero, thank you very much, will check it out after this spaghetti carbonara is in my stomach... nom nom

Reactions: Sancho1969

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
works like a charm, made sure to have a clean install and deleted all persistent and save files... wanted to start fresh anyways. copied the old audio files too, and yeah, there it is the old music :) and now i enjoy this awesome game, thank you very much for this mod and your incredible fast effort on this.

I would say... take my money, but i dont have any and you dont want some :D but a review i coming up

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
works like a charm, made sure to have a clean install and deleted all persistent and save files... wanted to start fresh anyways. copied the old audio files too, and yeah, there it is the old music :) and now i enjoy this awesome game, thank you very much for this mod and your incredible fast effort on this.

I would say... take my money, but i dont have any and you dont want some :D but a review i coming up
In case you didn't know and you like a particular song, in the VN's standard menu select "Music" and I've laid all the Chapter's music in playlists. You can even do so while in-game. You'll know when you've found it :p

Darkmessiah30

Jul 12, 2020
so that i understand this correctly i need to pick be dismissive to steph so i get the correct variable at the end the mod says the variable name is reversed

Hielo

Aug 27, 2019
hey guys the question was probably ask one million time but how can i do ? i had the oscar six mod and how to unlock the gallery ? plz ? 1663061648979.png

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes