Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

d123456789

Jun 19, 2018
hey i linked to your mod when i talked about the sound in leap of faith in my review, you know to help people get the real experience, if the link would cause any problems though let me know

Charanz10

Aug 11, 2022
I am not able to see those parameters below the choices. The choices guide is enabled. Am i doing something wrong or does this not work on steam version of the game ? LoF_SM_B01e5d.jpg

Iron-Beagle

Jul 13, 2017
I am not able to see those parameters below the choices. The choices guide is enabled. Am i doing something wrong or does this not work on steam version of the game ?
Re-install the mod. I had that issue yesterday, turned out that there'd been an update pushed out on Steam which overwrote the modded scripts.rpa file.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hey i linked to your mod when i talked about the sound in leap of faith in my review, you know to help people get the real experience, if the link would cause any problems though let me know
Good morning. I have no problem with links directed to the mod's thread, none at all. Thank you for the courtesy of asking but no need in this case.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Re-install the mod. I had that issue yesterday, turned out that there'd been an update pushed out on Steam which overwrote the modded scripts.rpa file.
Oh dang i didnt know. I will try that. Thank you.
Good morning. Just know that when you install the current version of SanchoMod on top of the Steam version that was updated yesterday morning that your technically reverting the VN back to v1.0.1s ... which means any "new" fixes are removed as well. I've been in a low-bandwidth area lately so I have not been able to update my steam acct in a couple months... the DL's are just too large for me while I'm tethered... just so you don't think I'm slacking. Yes, the mod needs to be updated to the latest Steam version but I'll need the "scripts.rpa" from the current steam version from one of my buddies who'll likely get it to me today or tomorrow.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

I'll update the SE version of SanchoMod today (no later than tonight if things IRL get wonky) to the latest version as supplied on steam which is LCN (Last Change Number) 16017246.

If there is enough demand to update the standard SanchoMod version then I'll do that as well but trying to eliminate double workload. Any feedback in this regard is welcomed.

I'll keep you posted periodically as it's a busy day in my little world today.

Reactions: Balu83

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Hi, I'm new to the game, but if I understand the two mod options, the OG one has different music than the final release does? Any idea where we can get the Chapter 7 and earlier version of the game, since it's not on the F95 main page?

Chapter 8/final has 65 songs apparently, are they worse than the origional from Chapter 1-7?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (non-critical)

Changelog (both versions):
  • Updated to Steam LCN (Last Change Number) 16017246.
  • Minor mod fixes and tweaks.
Simply re-download the mod and reinstall over existing installation overwriting as requested.

Going forward you will find the LCN in the bottom-right corner as exampled below:
( Note: I think I forgot to put it in the non-OG version, I'll sort that later. )
1663187627947.png

Regards.

Mentions to the best of my knowledge: Iron-Beagle colombeen SirDarkWarrior Charanz10 Neko-Chan-Nyaaa RyuukuLS Riggnarock DeFuZe KittyVN xXESOTERICXx

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi, I'm new to the game, but if I understand the two mod options, the OG one has different music than the final release does? Any idea where we can get the Chapter 7 and earlier version of the game, since it's not on the F95 main page?

Chapter 8/final has 65 songs apparently, are they worse than the origional from Chapter 1-7?
That's a lot to unpack and you should certainly search both this thread and the VN's thread for details, but suffice it to say that after Ch7 was released the dev had most of the music licenses pulled (not his fault, most media companies are reeling their intellectual properties in lately), therefore he had no choice but to go through the process of finding substitutes. There is a lot more music in the OG (original game, not original gangsta) than in the newer version. The fan base that has been following and playing the VN for some time just felt it was all off (again, the dev did the best he could under the circumstances) so I decided to do something about it. Hence the "OG" version. That's the summary and jest. Search for further details. Regards.

Hielo

Aug 27, 2019
Si le MiniStat est ouvert, activez-le/désactivez-le après le chargement . Cela réinitialisera son code requis afin qu'il fonctionne automatiquement lorsque j'en ai besoin. Vous n'avez qu'à le faire avec les anciennes sauvegardes. Si vous l'enregistrez après cela, vous n'aurez pas à parcourir à nouveau le menu. Toutes les nouvelles sauvegardes à venir, vous êtes prêt à partir.
[/DEVIS]
hi so where can i find this ministat ?

Charanz10

Aug 11, 2022
Good morning. Just know that when you install the current version of SanchoMod on top of the Steam version that was updated yesterday morning that your technically reverting the VN back to v1.0.1s ... which means any "new" fixes are removed as well. I've been in a low-bandwidth area lately so I have not been able to update my steam acct in a couple months... the DL's are just too large for me while I'm tethered... just so you don't think I'm slacking. Yes, the mod needs to be updated to the latest Steam version but I'll need the "scripts.rpa" from the current steam version from one of my buddies who'll likely get it to me today or tomorrow.
Heya. You are helping a lot by giving us the mod so no i never did think you were slacking XD And I did what the people in this sub told me and it work. I just had to re-download and install the mod. So thank you for your hard work :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hi so where can i find this ministat ?
Good morning.

Via MiniMenu or SanchoOptions simply select "MiniStat":
Via MiniMenu ou SanchoOptions, sélectionnez simplement "MiniStat"
1663250288913.png

Doing so opens up the MiniStat with it's dynamically changing information along with it's sizing options available as you wish:
Cela ouvre le MiniStat avec ses informations changeantes dynamiquement ainsi que ses options de dimensionnement disponibles comme vous le souhaitez :
1663250359996.png

You can't hurt anything by playing around with the Options screen. If you ever feel things are too far out of whack and you want to reset, simply choose "Restore Defaults" at the bottom and they all revert to just like when you first started the VN.
Vous ne pouvez rien blesser en jouant avec l'écran Options. Si jamais vous sentez que les choses sont trop détraquées et que vous souhaitez réinitialiser, choisissez simplement "Restaurer les paramètres par défaut" en bas et ils reviennent tous comme lorsque vous avez démarré le VN pour la première fois.

It's that simple really. Regards.

Last edited:

herger

Nov 1, 2017
It's not the mod. I've done what I can for the developer but it's never going to be 100% recovery. See post here.

I didn't port the game to R8, I didn't change almost all the music code, I didn't change almost every single conditional code. All those things add up to pissing RenPy off.
Hi
i can`t load a save file.
and i can`t start a fresh game allways the same .
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nobody44773

Feb 5, 2019
First of all thanks for your mod Sancho. Sadly the recent version of your mod freezes the game in JoiPlay
when trying to start a new game or when trying to load a save.
The previous version (before the steam lcn change) worked without problems with JoiPlay.

Reactions: alpharenji2

Normdk

Jul 27, 2020
That's a lot to unpack and you should certainly search both this thread and the VN's thread for details, but suffice it to say that after Ch7 was released the dev had most of the music licenses pulled (not his fault, most media companies are reeling their intellectual properties in lately), therefore he had no choice but to go through the process of finding substitutes. There is a lot more music in the OG (original game, not original gangsta) than in the newer version. The fan base that has been following and playing the VN for some time just felt it was all off (again, the dev did the best he could under the circumstances) so I decided to do something about it. Hence the "OG" version. That's the summary and jest. Search for further details. Regards.
Sancho1969 - Thank you.
Never have I been so sadden, than when I tried the Final LoF version with the new songs - so many great scenes went from YESSS to what happend??
I have been busy reading on your thread since the release, and also anticipated as well as enjoying the SE version of your mod - which makes the game - the game again :)
(Not even near episode 7 & 8, I placed the game on hold after ending Episode 6, as I wanted to have the rest of the chapters before resuming) - so you did me a solid with your mod in regards to the music.

(And your mod is never failing to impress me, when I see any new VN with your MOD on, the chances that I try out the game moves into most certain, so thank you from me several times over)

The solution for a smaller sized audio01.rpy ~ audio07.rpy is from pulling audio from the compressed build right? or are there a tool fast and easy repacking of the audio files for bitrate and quality control?
Without much knowledge about resizing audio files, I have been searching for if there was a way to have the compressed files in the audio01~07.rpa format but so far no luck - so this was the best I could find.

I have added the resized link from the game thread by FAPmaster369, just in case anyone out there are looking for a similar solution to get away from the ~1.3gb audio files.

[VN] [Ren'Py] Leap of Faith [Chapter 1-7, v0.7.0c] [DriftyGames] [OS@6.14GB, QR@80%, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 6.15GB
MyRepack-YAC size: 1.53GB

PC = WorkUpload / / (testing this filehost for a bit since Transfer upload failed twice)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 - Thank you.
Never have I been so sadden, than when I tried the Final LoF version with the new songs - so many great scenes went from YESSS to what happend??
I have been busy reading on your thread since the release, and also anticipated as well as enjoying the SE version of your mod - which makes the game - the game again :)
(Not even near episode 7 & 8, I placed the game on hold after ending Episode 6, as I wanted to have the rest of the chapters before resuming) - so you did me a solid with your mod in regards to the music.

(And your mod is never failing to impress me, when I see any new VN with your MOD on, the chances that I try out the game moves into most certain, so thank you from me several times over)

The solution for a smaller sized audio01.rpy ~ audio07.rpy is from pulling audio from the compressed build right? or are there a tool fast and easy repacking of the audio files for bitrate and quality control?
Without much knowledge about resizing audio files, I have been searching for if there was a way to have the compressed files in the audio01~07.rpa format but so far no luck - so this was the best I could find.

I have added the resized link from the game thread by FAPmaster369, just in case anyone out there are looking for a similar solution to get away from the ~1.3gb audio files.
First, just an FYI, you can use (and even mix) the RPAs from either the un-compressed or compressed version. If you need links to uncompressed audio RPA's you can find those here.

Second, I personally used the audio RPA's from Ch6 Compressed (RPAs 1-6 which already have compressed audio within them), and the uncomressed RPA from Ch7. I did this just to insure mixing and matching wouldn't be an issue (I really already knew it wouldn't be a problem but must do it anyway due to my SOP). So, yes, I personally have compressed audio of 1-7 but again I'm not a supplier. I kinda put my host sites a bit of risk by supplier the SanchoTopGun scene reduex.

At the end of the day, DL whatever it is you need to get them... since I converted the music player in the menu system it'll be worth your time anyway imho. That player and it's associated playlists for each chapter can be found here anytime (even when in-game):
1663284569420.png

Reactions: Elhemeer and Normdk

Normdk

Jul 27, 2020
First, just an FYI, you can use (and even mix) the RPAs from either the un-compressed or compressed version. If you need links to uncompressed audio RPA's you can find those here.

Second, I personally used the audio RPA's from Ch6 Compressed (RPAs 1-6 which already have compressed audio within them), and the uncomressed RPA from Ch7. I did this just to insure mixing and matching wouldn't be an issue (I really already knew it wouldn't be a problem but must do it anyway due to my SOP). So, yes, I personally have compressed audio of 1-7 but again I'm not a supplier. I kinda put my host sites a bit of risk by supplier the SanchoTopGun scene reduex.

At the end of the day, DL whatever it is you need to get them... since I converted the music player in the menu system it'll be worth your time anyway imho. That player and it's associated playlists for each chapter can be found here anytime (even when in-game):
Thank you - I will start hunting down RPA 1-6, and I am all onboard of the not supplier part, thank you for the comment though :)

I have briefly enjoyed the music player - your whole mod is truely growing on me, thank you a ton for all the long hours you put into it.
And wishing you a great trip to the cabin again soon with plenty of fine food and drinks to go along with it.

Genkho

Mar 15, 2021
Hi Sancho, this mod is not workable on android. apk file or even in Joiplay. the launch is perfect but when I try to press start the game it just freezes in the main menu. it's not crash or force close but just freeze.
can you figure it out how to solve this?

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes