Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Legion88

Jan 21, 2018
Sancho1969 - Thank you!
Tho I cannot make your mod work xD I've downloaded mode with original music, unpacked it in 'game' directory, copied all audio.rpa files from 0.7 version of the game to the 'game' directory of the current Steam version, but game crashes to desktop after shoe screen without any error. Any help will be much appreciated. The only thing I need is original music. Thanks a lot!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 - Thank you!
Tho I cannot make your mod work xD I've downloaded mode with original music, unpacked it in 'game' directory, copied all audio.rpa files from 0.7 version of the game to the 'game' directory of the current Steam version, but game crashes to desktop after shoe screen without any error. Any help will be much appreciated. The only thing I need is original music. Thanks a lot!
It hasn't been an issue with anyone else in Steam that installed it correctly so without knowing your folder structure it sounds like you might have "unpacked" it incorrectly and now have "game/game" (a folder named "game" inside the original folder named "game"). Otherwise you don't have all the files/folders in the mod's zip inside the "game" folder correctly (the SanchoMod folder needs to be inside the "game" folder too), e.g. ALL the files/folders in the mod's zip need to be extracted/copied inside the "game" folder (directory).

See the spoiler "Installation" in the OP for a folder structure of how it should look if needed. Report back please.

Edit: Here's a more graphical view of the contents of the "game" folder. You can't see all the files in this due to vertical length but you'll get the idea (you have PC games, so you know how to copy/paste to and from directories as needed). All files/folders from the mod's zip and all the audio RPAs (ch1-ch7) are to go in here:
1663446172397.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Legion88

Legion88

Jan 21, 2018
Sancho1969 - Thanks for the fast response!
I've solved the issue. The thing is I added '_' to the name of the 'scripts' file to save the original one just in case, but it seems that this somehow leads to a conflict, because after I replaced 'scripts_.rpa' to the game core directory there is no more crashes at startup. Looks like this is the way renpy works - automatically loads every single .rpa file in game directory.
My bad, sorry.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 - Thanks for the fast response!
I've solved the issue. The thing is I added '_' to the name of the 'scripts' file to save the original one just in case, but it seems that this somehow leads to a conflict, because after I replaced 'scripts_.rpa' to the game core directory there is no more crashes at startup. Looks like it is the way renpy works - automatically loads every single .rpa file in game directory.
My bad, sorry.
That is correct... RenPy is simply a language extension of Python. With Python, all files with certain file extensions are considered regardless of prefix. Many languages are this way. I adapted adding ".disabled" at the end of all extensions I wish to be disabled. I do this religiously so I can always search by them as well. When I was younger I used to add ".tmp" or ".temp" but obviously other programs do this as well so I needed something different. Adding ".disabled" will serve you well for these types of purposes (keeping a file in place as backup instead of deleting it or having to make an additional backup). For an example of how it would look: "program.exe.disabled". Regards.

Reactions: Legion88

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
That is correct... RenPy is simply a language extension of Python. With Python, all files with certain file extensions are considered regardless of prefix. Many languages are this way. I adapted adding ".disabled" at the end of all extensions I wish to be disabled. I do this religiously so I can always search by them as well. When I was younger I used to add ".tmp" or ".temp" but obviously other programs do this as well so I needed something different. Adding ".disabled" will serve you well for these types of purposes (keeping a file in place as backup instead of deleting it or having to make an additional backup). For an example of how it would look: "program.exe.disabled". Regards.
Hmm, that makes me rethink my constant use of ".bak". Probably should use a different one.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hmm, that makes me rethink my constant use of ".bak". Probably should use a different one.
Just a though, if become used to ".bak" over some years then try something like ".back" or ".backup" if it's easier to bend the habit. Anything will do as long as you're consistent. What you don't want is a million different filetypes defined and bog down the OS.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
With the mod the Holly path stays in false, no matter what choices you make
Well, the mod doesn't change any original scripting or variables. The only variable changes done outside the dev's code are if the player chooses to do so via SanchoCheats. I've achieved Holly's path (both solo and Lexi/Holly) multiple times. Do you need to know the exact recipe for her maybe? If so see my post here for the basic requirements.

Reactions: DanielMB

ryusoft420

Mar 12, 2022
I believe that the new Walkthrough/Cut Content DLC that was just released by Drifty breaks this mod and crashes the game before the title screen. Just a heads up to others.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I believe that the new Walkthrough/Cut Content DLC that was just released by Drifty breaks this mod and crashes the game before the title screen. Just a heads up to others.
I can confirm. I had to uninstall and reinstall to use the Drifty Mod so I could see the Commentary. I'll probably keep that on Steam and keep the Sancho mod in a separate version. On that note, at least one playthrough I did outside of steam netted me an achievement, so there's that.

{EDIT: Also, I'm finding the music less jarring now. I'm not sure if it's 'cause I played it 3 times in a row since Sancho's mod came out, or if it's just knowing that I have an Original Soundtrack version I can play anytime, but I'm enjoying the bonus content from the Commentary version}

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good evening. Appreciate you giving folks the heads-up although this is usually always the case with "mod mixing". I'll look into it at some point and see if it's worth me adapting the mod to what he's done or not. Drifty has used/tested SanchoMod in the past but it obviously isn't a priority for him to get his "add-ons" to function with third-party mods.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While using the compressed version of the game, game crashes before main menu.
here is the content of traceback.txt
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Do you have the "SaveFixer" file installed along with the mod? That's what it looks like and is a big no-no. One or the other but NEVER both.

Otherwise I know it works with the compressed as I updated it using the compressed version tbh. So, to eliminate all other factors make a new installation of the VN from it's original zip (compressed or non-compressed, either one is fine) into a differently-named folder (directory). Install the mod as directed into this new installation as directed. Don't do anything else and test. Report your findings please.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, I don't know if this was an update to the Renpy player or if Drifty fixed something, but the initial release of LoF 1.0, all the animations were seriously lagging on my computer (For example, the lighted butt parade couldn't even make it to red and blue due to lagging, the bikini reveals staggered from and didn't quite finish from waist to head, and all the rest were similarly borked). However, playing in Drifty's Walkthrough edition the animations are smooth again.

So if there's any way you can use the new release to work with your mod, I'm sure all of us with ancient desktops would greatly appreciate the effort.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Good morning. After finishing this I updated both my BaDIK mods to get ahead of everything so I could finally have a weekend off after 9 months. Well, that ain't gonna happen. A minimum of 3 VN's I have mods for have updated a few hours before I woke up this morning including this one (it's coming to the VN's OP soon, trust me).

To get ahead of all the pending post question regarding LoF DLC: Since I have to work the others first, for those that will want both LoF SanchoMod & LoF dev's DLC... until I migrate the two together simply make two installations of the VN in differently named directories. One with SanchoMod, one with the dev DLC. In the DLC installation you can drop the "SaveFixer" found in this OP to use the same save files. Just don't forget about this file later as you can't use it and SanchoMod at the same time (it likely won't crash but it will bugout the GUI a bit at a minimum).

For example you could use a directory naming convention such as:
LeapOfFaith-1.0c-pc - SanchoMod​
LeapOfFaith-1.0c-pc - DLC​

It doesn't really matter as long as it helps you quickly decipher which is which. Once I'm done updating everything I'll get this mod working seamlessly as well. I just have a bunch on my plate right now so please be patient.

Regards.

P.S. Feel free to refer to this for folks who'll post questions later and have obvious "reading deficit disorder".

• Red Heart

CalicoBROOJ

Oct 6, 2021
Do you have the "SaveFixer" file installed along with the mod? That's what it looks like and is a big no-no. One or the other but NEVER both.

Otherwise I know it works with the compressed as I updated it using the compressed version tbh. So, to eliminate all other factors make a new installation of the VN from it's original zip (compressed or non-compressed, either one is fine) into a differently-named folder (directory). Install the mod as directed into this new installation as directed. Don't do anything else and test. Report your findings please.
I do not have the SaveFixer file installed.
What I did do though was Unren the compressed version and convert all the video files to 30 FPS so my Laptop can play them.
Could It be related?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I do not have the SaveFixer file installed.
What I did do though was Unren the compressed version and convert all the video files to 30 FPS so my Laptop can play them.
Could It be related?
It's related but not with the video files per se. You can leave those but delete all .rpy and .rpyc files and retest. The mod is not functional with unarchived and/or uncompiled code files.

Reactions: CalicoBROOJ

CalicoBROOJ

Oct 6, 2021
It's related but not with the video files per se. You can leave those but delete all .rpy and .rpyc files and retest. The mod is not functional with unarchived and/or uncompiled code files.
After hunting every .rpy and .rpyc files I could find. The mod seems to be working fine.
I'll keep this in mind the next time I unpack game files and I have issues with a mod.
Thanks for the help Sancho.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
After hunting every .rpy and .rpyc files I could find. The mod seems to be working fine.
I'll keep this in mind the next time I unpack game files and I have issues with a mod.
Thanks for the help Sancho.
The easiest way to keep your projects clean... use a separate "temp" directory, do what tinkering you wanna, then bring things into the proper installation. This will help keep you from going insane... well, mostly. :ROFLMAO:

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes