Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
Hi Sancho, I haven't visited the site since you put the initial updated mod out for the final chapter of the game.
I have no idea if this has been reported to you or not.
On the airplane, there is an option for a party, I can see the song in the phone's list, but it says nothing to play.
I have all 7 audio rpa files in the correct game folder (steam), but it means I can't create a party. I am truly sorry
if you have answered this in a previous post somewhere in this thread, but I don't really want to go wading through
the entire thread again, I just don't have the time.
I want to have a party on the airplane but the game simply won't allow me to, any ideas on how I can fix this so I can, or
is it currently impossible?
Edit: I should point out there was a very tiny update to the game on steam, not sure what that update contained though but it was after I added your mod.
I also do not hear the music in the limo either, it says something to the effect he couldn't get the rights to the song, but if i know the song just play along with the pantomime. I am not sure why I don't hear any music in the limo, when I am sure you said it should be working in the mod, unless I made that part up, again I am sorry if all of this has been done to death. I will wait for your response, and play some of my other games before they need updating yet again lol

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho, I haven't visited the site since you put the initial updated mod out for the final chapter of the game.
I have no idea if this has been reported to you or not.
On the airplane, there is an option for a party, I can see the song in the phone's list, but it says nothing to play.
I have all 7 audio rpa files in the correct game folder (steam), but it means I can't create a party. I am truly sorry
if you have answered this in a previous post somewhere in this thread, but I don't really want to go wading through
the entire thread again, I just don't have the time.
I want to have a party on the airplane but the game simply won't allow me to, any ideas on how I can fix this so I can, or
is it currently impossible?
Edit: I should point out there was a very tiny update to the game on steam, not sure what that update contained though but it was after I added your mod.
I also do not hear the music in the limo either, it says something to the effect he couldn't get the rights to the song, but if i know the song just play along with the pantomime. I am not sure why I don't hear any music in the limo, when I am sure you said it should be working in the mod, unless I made that part up, again I am sorry if all of this has been done to death. I will wait for your response, and play some of my other games before they need updating yet again lol
I'll check it out but neither of those have been an issue with anyone else which leads me to believe you updated your Steam version AFTER installing SanchoMod. If that's the case then reinstall SanchoMod to get it all going again. Any Steam update will, at a minimum, overwrite the script files I have in the mod's zip... make sense?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
ah mods have been moving posts from lof thread to lof mod thread.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ah mods have been moving posts from lof thread to lof mod thread.
Really? Well, that's typical shenanigans. This is the mod thread as I was the only mod.. but of course: If there's another mod before me in a VN I can never get listed in OP due to reasoning given of "only one mod per VN" but if I'm listed first then all bets are off, anything goes, and they add things like they are going amuck. That card is played out of convenience to an agenda. All this goes to confuse site members where to find the info they seek. Long way of saying I'm not surprised of any "new" conveniences imposed... it's just more SanchoOppression.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I'll check it out but neither of those have been an issue with anyone else which leads me to believe you updated your Steam version AFTER installing SanchoMod. If that's the case then reinstall SanchoMod to get it all going again. Any Steam update will, at a minimum, overwrite the script files I have in the mod's zip... make sense?
Yes it does make sense, however after reinstalling the game and then installing the mod, I still have the same problems. I restarted from the beginning. In fact I even downloaded the game from here too, because I know that steam makes saves in their cloud, which might be the reason it's causing the game to not fully notice the mod?
I can see the mod loads, I can access the menu etc, but for some unknown reason, even the game I downloaded from here, has the same issues I reported above. I've never had this issue before in other games, which leads me to think there is something in the game that won't work with the mod for me, which I know sounds kind of daft. I am going to try something else to see if the mod loads fully in the game.
Also should I have copied the audio files from chapter 7 to chapter 8? I have tried with the audio files (original game obviously used those old audio files which is why I added them) but it seems to ignore them. Let me explain. On the airplane. I open the phone, then I select music. I then hit the connect external speakers. It shows the song, and it shows the phone is connected to the external speakers, but it doesn't allow me to play the song, it gives me no option at all, except the next thing is he is getting off the airplane.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes it does make sense, however after reinstalling the game and then installing the mod, I still have the same problems. I restarted from the beginning. In fact I even downloaded the game from here too, because I know that steam makes saves in their cloud, which might be the reason it's causing the game to not fully notice the mod?
I can see the mod loads, I can access the menu etc, but for some unknown reason, even the game I downloaded from here, has the same issues I reported above. I've never had this issue before in other games, which leads me to think there is something in the game that won't work with the mod for me, which I know sounds kind of daft. I am going to try something else to see if the mod loads fully in the game.
Also should I have copied the audio files from chapter 7 to chapter 8? I have tried with the audio files (original game obviously used those old audio files which is why I added them) but it seems to ignore them. Let me explain. On the airplane. I open the phone, then I select music. I then hit the connect external speakers. It shows the song, and it shows the phone is connected to the external speakers, but it doesn't allow me to play the song, it gives me no option at all, except the next thing is he is getting off the airplane.
WAIT!!!

Editing post... give me a minute to explain

Edit:
Your steam install is not fucked up, cloud saves don't matter, etc. If all you are experiencing is (I'm quoting you):
"On the airplane. I open the phone, then I select music. I then hit the connect external speakers. It shows the song, and it shows the phone is connected to the external speakers, but it doesn't allow me to play the song, it gives me no option at all, except the next thing is he is getting off the airplane."​
If you mean you see the scene but hear no music... that's because you don't have the music files installed. If you need them then two posts above your original post has them. Put those seven files inside your "game" folder. It won't overwrite anything as they are named different from the current Ch8 music file. Make sense?

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
WAIT!!!

Editing post... give me a minute to explain

Edit:
Your steam install is not fucked up, cloud saves don't matter, etc. If all you are experiencing is (I'm quoting you):
"On the airplane. I open the phone, then I select music. I then hit the connect external speakers. It shows the song, and it shows the phone is connected to the external speakers, but it doesn't allow me to play the song, it gives me no option at all, except the next thing is he is getting off the airplane."​
If you mean you see the scene but hear no music... that's because you don't have the music files installed. If you need them then two posts above your original post has them. Put those seven files inside your "game" folder. It won't overwrite anything as they are named different from the current Ch8 music file. Make sense?
Hi, yes it makes sense. do i keep the original audio.rpa file that is in the steam game folder and put the other 7 audio files in too, or do I remove the the file that says audio.rpa? I actually don't see the scene. It just says to me, I should create a party, but i don't get that choice. I go into the phone and select the music to external speaker, but it doesn't play the song, and there is actually no party.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi, yes it makes sense. do i keep the original audio.rpa file that is in the steam game folder and put the other 7 audio files in too, or do I remove the the file that says audio.rpa?
Leave it.. it allows the SanchoMod altered Music Playlist so you can select every single song both old and new. It's required for all the Ch8 music anyway. Bottom line: don't remove any files, you are just adding (the mod and the seven old music files).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For other folks I cannot stress enough the importance of the word "mandatory" when you see this BEFORE installing the mod (click the following to enlarge):
1664409205941.png

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
For other folks I cannot stress enough the importance of the word "mandatory" when you see this BEFORE installing the mod (click the following to enlarge):
Hi, thanks sancho, everything works great. Just one question, how do i get dog's autograph..also noticed when I did have the airplane party, somehow I missed a lexi scene, even though I was in the bathroom and saw her topless. thanks again! Love Automatic sounds like something amy whitehouse would have sang, I thought it was her at first, because this singer and whitehouse are almost similar.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi, thanks sancho, everything works great. Just one question, how do i get dog's autograph..also noticed when I did have the airplane party, somehow I missed a lexi scene, even though I was in the bathroom and saw her topless. thanks again! Love Automatic sounds like something amy whitehouse would have sang, I thought it was her at first, because this singer and whitehouse are almost similar.
The autograph is guided in the ChoiceGuide... it'll let you know if you're on track or fucked it up. I don't have time right now to load the VN and find the one key choice but it's at the swimming pool when you speak with Lexi... basically don't ask her for it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Neko-Chan Pacifica

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Hi Sancho, First of all thank you for this mod, it has a ton of useful features. Basically the whole dialogue options section and the gallery. But I'm playing the game blind and so having the menu notification on a black screen, even if it's that small, is drawing my eyes to the corner. Is there any way to get rid of that? Maybe via shortcut on the keyboard to only have it visible if I do need to go into these options?

And something else, is there a way to add other / change the font options to / of the game? There are so many font files in the game folder, yet I only see your font via toggle and the default, both of which I do not find great. Yours is too bold for my taste and the default looks just boring, is it Times New Roman, even? Kinda rare to see that used in vns. :D

Anyway... thank you again for your work to combine all these useful things into a single mod, and the installation wasn't hard either. :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho, First of all thank you for this mod, it has a ton of useful features. Basically the whole dialogue options section and the gallery. But I'm playing the game blind and so having the menu notification on a black screen, even if it's that small, is drawing my eyes to the corner. Is there any way to get rid of that? Maybe via shortcut on the keyboard to only have it visible if I do need to go into these options?

And something else, is there a way to add other / change the font options to / of the game? There are so many font files in the game folder, yet I only see your font via toggle and the default, both of which I do not find great. Yours is too bold for my taste and the default looks just boring, is it Times New Roman, even? Kinda rare to see that used in vns. :D

Anyway... thank you again for your work to combine all these useful things into a single mod, and the installation wasn't hard either. :)
If by "menu notification" you are referring to the SanchoNotifications that pop during info events in the top-left corner then yes, they are toggled On/Off in correlation to the ChoiceGuide. No ChoiceGuide then no SanchoNotifications. If you are referencing something else then elaborate a bit more so we are on the same page. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Since fonts can be such a personal preference thing, if you don't like my Arial alternative then yes, you can adjust this to suit yourself with just a minor bit of work (nothing too technical, I'll lay it all out for you next).

Regarding dialogue font the following will override the custom Sancho font to whatever the heck you prefer (as a direct replacement):
  1. Pick a font on your system that you want to use. Prerequisite is that the font must be a TrueType font (file extension ending in ".ttf").
  2. Inside the "game" directory find the "SanchoMod" directory.
  3. Inside the "SanchoMod" directory create a new directory named exactly "fonts". That is a lower-case "f".
  4. Inside that new "fonts" folder copy (NOT move, copy) the font you want to use to replace the custom dialogue font.
  5. Rename that copied font file exactly "SanchoFont2.ttf". That is a capital "S" and a capital "F".
  6. Done.
In-game the OEM fonts will remain the same and the "SanchoFont" option toggle will now reflect the one you just customized in the dialogue and character name text.

Reactions: PeteHanson

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
If by "menu notification" you are referring to the SanchoNotifications that pop during info events in the top-left corner then yes, they are toggled On/Off in correlation to the ChoiceGuide. No ChoiceGuide then no SanchoNotifications. If you are referencing something else then elaborate a bit more so we are on the same page. Regards.
No, sadly, I'm referring to the one in the bottom right corner, the mod menue text (is it not a notification? If so, excuse the confusing terminology.) I found options to turn everything off besides that one. Here have a random shot from me playing with your mod. ;)
I finished chapter 8 today, and I guess I can say I got used to ignoring it. Same with the default text font. But I would've liked to fiddle with the game a bit more before I've gone and played all of it now. :D Without using his name a single time, reallypng.png

Thank you for these instructions. If I play other routes, or other games with your mod again they will come in handy, so thank you very much for them!

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 11 Votes