Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
This was intentionally "left out". I could not in good conscience do it knowing how much consideration Drifty took into naming characters. Sure, I could have easily done it but the overall fan base wouldn't even consider doing it and I didn't need folks coming at me with pitchforks and torches. :ROFLMAO:
Sometimes even when you have the option to rename the characters put in by the dev it ends up pointless. In Love of Magic I renamed Princess Emily to Gwen, promptly forgot that there was a renaming option, started talking about Gwen on the board and everybody was asking me who the fuck I was talking about. I briefly doubted my sanity or thought I had a defective version and then remembered that her name is Emily and I had been the one to gaslight myself :confused: . Anyway, in strongly character-driven pieces it is probably unwise to rename anybody but the MC.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

I'll likely have a separate version of SanchoMod available soon: SanchoMod SE Audio Edition.

What this will be designed to do is take the preparation work I had you do while installing the current SanchoMod for Ch8, and use those files along with the new SE (special edition) to revert Ch1-Ch7 back to the original music, playing exactly as it was before, when it was before.

Stay tuned for additional info. I've tested the initial Chapter with success so I either have the correct template now or it will all fall apart :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, you know I can pull it off since the current SanchoMod already reinstalled the "Limo Scene" song as it was. Just bear with me as you know I'm a bit of a perfectionist.
I have it working. See post in the VN's thread here for my excitement.

That's Ch1-Ch7 converted to OG music AND here's the playlists working as well... all of 'em:

Fucking awesome, right?

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
You're basically telling me you want to break into my house, take my things, AND give you the key to do so more easily.
If you're already working on it, i can definitely wait - i just didn't realize you were already on it.

Also, i never asked how to decompile/alter/reuse your code, just if you felt like sharing how you got the original rpycs decompiled.

Thanks!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If you're already working on it, i can definitely wait - i just didn't realize you were already on it.

Also, i never asked how to decompile/alter/reuse your code, just if you felt like sharing how you got the original rpycs decompiled.

Thanks!
I hear ya bud. See post above your plus the one it's replying to. This is almost a done deal:
1663003973740.png

hideouz

Apr 15, 2018
i havent played the game one time, but you are so nice and how you whirl arround allover, lol
jus checked the pages and follow you textin - love ya^^

Sep 4, 2019
I have it working. See post in the VN's thread here for my excitement.

That's Ch1-Ch7 converted to OG music AND here's the playlists working as well... all of 'em:

Fucking awesome, right?
You're awesome man. I haven't played the game in over a year so I had to start from the beginning and the new music is....okay. The original music is just really brings the game to life. I feel so bad for Drifty, I know it wasn't his fault. But very grateful that you were able to get this DLC put together so quickly. Now I'll just hold off until you officially release it. The F95 community is so much better with you in it Sancho. Thanks.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Example of it all working in game. This is a tune that was removed and now reverted back. Everything works as you would expect: Music Playlists (from the menu screen), Song information (from the in-game phone), fucking all of it.

LoF SM B04a9j.jpg 1663007686449.png

Now, the only thing I can see as potential bugs are when music fades off, fades in, etc. This was a massively laborious process and I might have missed something somewhere... it's certainly possible. I'm doing my best though.

Kalros

Nov 2, 2019
Hi Sancho, so i'm having a problem with the stat screen where, when i click next page, an exception occurs everytime, wether it's an ongoing playthrough or a fresh one.
Thank you for the amount of work and time you put into your mods :giggle:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho, so i'm having a problem with the stat screen where, when i click next page, an exception occurs everytime, wether it's an ongoing playthrough or a fresh one.
Thank you for the amount of work and time you put into your mods :giggle:
There was a maintenance "hot fix" last night noted here. When did you DL the mod bud?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm not quite ready yet but when I am I've made this brain-dead simple if you follow the instructions. Once you have the old RPAs in place you can then freely install either version of the mod without issue. You can even install one version of the mod over the other at will. I've been testing just that and it's going flawless. I'm prepping the OP for when I'm ready:
1663011675268.png

Oct 29, 2018
I'm not quite ready yet but when I am I've made this brain-dead simple if you follow the instructions. Once you have the old RPAs in place you can then freely install either version of the mod without issue. You can even install one version of the mod over the other at will. I've been testing just that and it's going flawless. I'm prepping the OP for when I'm ready:
I have a question. With Holly an option appears "Grab Her Ass" in red and appears (Submenu) what do i need to do?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi,
i don`t know, I have a problem.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So i've tried to load my saves and got this exception.

And also downloaded the latest version

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not the mod. I've done what I can for the developer but it's never going to be 100% recovery. See post here.

I didn't port the game to R8, I didn't change almost all the music code, I didn't change almost every single conditional code. All those things add up to pissing RenPy off.

Reactions: Balu83

jwhu

Nov 25, 2020
Hey Sancho. Do you have any idea why all the animations in all chapters, are very laggy and freezing in this complete version of the game? I had very smooth animations in all the previous versions of the game. Is there any way to fix it or is my laptop just not good enough for this latest version?

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes