Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No, sadly, I'm referring to the one in the bottom right corner, the mod menue text (is it not a notification? If so, excuse the confusing terminology.) I found options to turn everything off besides that one. Here have a random shot from me playing with your mod. ;)
I finished chapter 8 today, and I guess I can say I got used to ignoring it. Same with the default text font. But I would've liked to fiddle with the game a bit more before I've gone and played all of it now. :D View attachment 2091085

Thank you for these instructions. If I play other routes, or other games with your mod again they will come in handy, so thank you very much for them!
Oh, you mean the MiniMenu. Well... no, that's not toggled. That's the heart and soul of the mod bud. It's the gateway to absolutely everything in-game... and it's small as possible. I might make it a "hovered" feature in the future but I've found that screws up folks who play via keyboard for the bulk of their duties. If I find spare time I can code it so there's a "hovered to see / always on" toggle for it though... that's doable but I'd have to rework the core code a bit. Maybe that's a new feature set for SanchoMod v7 which should be available after the new year or so. Thank you for your input and I'll seriously consider alternatives if it's that distracting. Regards.

Reactions: Elhemeer

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
If I find spare time I can code it so there's a "hovered to see / always on" toggle for it though... that's doable but I'd have to rework the core code a bit. Maybe that's a new feature set for SanchoMod v7 which should be available after the new year or so. Thank you for your input and I'll seriously consider alternatives if it's that distracting. Regards.
I think not having it partially yellow and fully transparent like the ren'py default layout would help quite a bit. And i'm hoping that would not require such massive work. But once a gain, thank you for this mod. The music alone was very well worth installing it, for, let alone the ability to name my saves. :)

Something i'm curious about regarding save naming. I do know I saw this in other games before, but that is not a default of the engine, right?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think not having it partially yellow and fully transparent like the ren'py default layout would help quite a bit. And i'm hoping that would not require such massive work. But once a gain, thank you for this mod. The music alone was very well worth installing it, for, let alone the ability to name my saves. :)

Something i'm curious about regarding save naming. I do know I saw this in other games before, but that is not a default of the engine, right?
If you mean that the mod has the feature On by default, yes (it can be changed On/Off in SanchoOptions as will). If you mean RenPy games in general then no, it's a coded feature that I helped sort a couple years back then folks started ripping off my base code themselves. This is why I refer to it as the "Original SanchoDescription" in the various mod preview pics of VNs. RenPy is basically just a spinoff coding language of Python and it's initial "defaults" are somewhat limited as it expects you (the coder) to write and implement what you wish given the graphical coding enhancements provided by the language. This is a very simplified description but there's no need for me to write a 100 page essay on all the additional functional additions RenPy adds to Python tbh.

Firehelp

May 7, 2017
It would be cool if we could change the values of the default settings of the mod. Like, if I change the text size/outline, it works only until I go to main menu or quit the app completely. And after the next start I have to change the values again. Or the SaveDescription keep on popping on after every load. Like I know it's a minor thing, but why though? So if I could save the changes (change the default values), then I wouldn't have to change the text after every start of the game. Otherwise it works pretty well, thanks. :)

Firehelp

May 7, 2017
Wait, what? Now it suddenly works. I swear I didn't change/do anything. Well whatever, at least I don't have to change the text anymore, because now it suddenly remembers my settings from the past. But like, how did it not work and now it does? I swear, if I start it tomorrow and it won't be working again... I mean I won't do anything, but I'll be disappointed. :unsure:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wait, what? Now it suddenly works. I swear I didn't change/do anything. Well whatever, at least I don't have to change the text anymore, because now it suddenly remembers my settings from the past. But like, how did it not work and now it does? I swear, if I start it tomorrow and it won't be working again... I mean I won't do anything, but I'll be disappointed. :unsure:
No need to be disappointed. Mod settings are saved on a per game save basis. This means each save you make saves the settings you currently have. If you change the settings again they won't be recalled unless you make another game save. The settings are non-persistent by design. It's more of a PITA for me to code it this way but it insures that the mod alters a little as possible in regards to your persistent file. Regards.

Firehelp

May 7, 2017
What you are saying is, that I changed the settings, then didn't save, so the change didn't get saved? Right? But if that's what you mean, that's not what happened. Because instead of going to the previously saved settings on that save, it went back to the default settings. That's just weird isn't it? Because I would understand, if it went back to the settings I saved with, but again, instead it went to the default settings, not the settings I saved the current state of the game with. However, if I don't change the settings, it works, so I guess it's not important, but still weird.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What you are saying is, that I changed the settings, then didn't save, so the change didn't get saved? Right? But if that's what you mean, that's not what happened. Because instead of going to the previously saved settings on that save, it went back to the default settings. That's just weird isn't it? Because I would understand, if it went back to the settings I saved with, but again, instead it went to the default settings, not the settings I saved the current state of the game with. However, if I don't change the settings, it works, so I guess it's not important, but still weird.
Well, we need to be more specific regarding which exact settings. SanchoFont and SanchoDialogueBox settings will stay in effect for the duration while the game is open unless a save is loaded and it will revert to what's in the save. So, if you start a new game all settings will be default with the exception of the the dialogue font and box.

To summarize: It's otherwise impossible for you to save with specific settings and later load that save and everything magically returns to default... that simply can't happen. If you start a "new game" then it will be default for all settings except the last used dia font/box used during the current session.

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
Brand new game 1.0. Installed your mod, the normal one, not the one that is OG that requires all the bullcrap. I am still getting the Audio Mobile error anyway. I started the game fresh from scratch, no old save. Still getting the error and there is no way to fix it because the audio files mentioned in the warning, are not there. But, I did not install the OG Music version, just the normal one. So, I don't know wth the problem is. It clearly says in the warning that the OG one has the problems. I didn't install or get that one.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Brand new game 1.0. Installed your mod, the normal one, not the one that is OG that requires all the bullcrap. I am still getting the Audio Mobile error anyway. I started the game fresh from scratch, no old save. Still getting the error and there is no way to fix it because the audio files mentioned in the warning, are not there. But, I did not install the OG Music version, just the normal one. So, I don't know wth the problem is. It clearly says in the warning that the OG one has the problems. I didn't install or get that one.
The file you DL should be named "LeapofFaith-1.0.1s - SanchoMod.zip" at ~14.5mb, not "LeapofFaith-1.0.1se - SanchoMod.zip" at ~16.3mb, can you verify?

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
The file you DL should be named "LeapofFaith-1.0.1s - SanchoMod.zip" at ~14.5mb, not "LeapofFaith-1.0.1se - SanchoMod.zip" at ~16.3mb, can you verify?
Leap of Faith 1.0.1s - SanchoMod

Yep, that's the one I have. I exited the game and restarted again. Now the error is gone and not happening anymore. Don't know why, I had already exited and restarted once. "shrug" This game must be picky.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Leap of Faith 1.0.1s - SanchoMod

Yep, that's the one I have. I exited the game and restarted again. Now the error is gone and not happening anymore. Don't know why, I had already exited and restarted once. "shrug" This game must be picky.
I have no idea what you ran into. Let me know how it goes. FWIW it's worked flawless for literally thousands of folks but I've got your back regardless.

Firehelp

May 7, 2017
Well, we need to be more specific regarding which exact settings. SanchoFont and SanchoDialogueBox settings will stay in effect for the duration while the game is open unless a save is loaded and it will revert to what's in the save. So, if you start a new game all settings will be default with the exception of the the dialogue font and box.

To summarize: It's otherwise impossible for you to save with specific settings and later load that save and everything magically returns to default... that simply can't happen. If you start a "new game" then it will be default for all settings except the last used dia font/box used during the current session.
I mean, you are technically not wrong, however... What I did (I didn't realize it could fuck things up) was I set settings up, saved, then used roll back (mouse wheel up) back to before the save (before I changed the settings). And even though I didn't save after doing so (I thought that if you save, no matter what you do - like roll back, what you saved is gonna stay)... well, it glitched the saved settings of your mod (SOME of the settings went back to the default, not all).

Anyway, don't use roll back while changing settings kids! :)

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
I read the instructions for the OG Audio version of the mod, and I don't understand a few things. Do I need to download all the old audio files even if I am starting fresh. I don't have any old saves, this is my first time downloading/playing the game.

Which version of this mod is better audio wise, since I have never played this game before I have nothing to compare it to.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I read the instructions for the OG Audio version of the mod, and I don't understand a few things. Do I need to download all the old audio files even if I am starting fresh. I don't have any old saves, this is my first time downloading/playing the game.

Which version of this mod is better audio wise, since I have never played this game before I have nothing to compare it to.
Okay. For easiest experience just DL the "Original Ch8 Version" in the OP. For the BEST experience DL the "SE OG Edition". With the OG Edition (original game, not original gangsta) see the post here if you need the original music files. Install all 7 of the files (it won't overwrite anything) as instructed here. That's it. Done. If you fuck up and don't install the OG music files in the mod then it won't crash... it knows to look for them and changes automatically if the files aren't found. Let me know if this isn't clear. Regards.

Reactions: liberatorus

andypig0369

Mar 28, 2021
Hi Sancho, I downloaded your mod and put it in the right place, but somehow when I opened the game , it just couldn't be loaded and it closed itself. Got the same issue on NBTP as well. Do you know what could possibly go wrong?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho, I downloaded your mod and put it in the right place, but somehow when I opened the game , it just couldn't be loaded and it closed itself. Got the same issue on NBTP as well. Do you know what could possibly go wrong?
More info needed. PC? Did you install inside a fresh/unaltered VN install? etc.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Is the original music version worth the extra hassle? I haven't play chapter 8 yet but all the music and songs so far is quite good but I'm not sure I should use the OG music version or the new version.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Is the original music version worth the extra hassle? I haven't play chapter 8 yet but all the music and songs so far is quite good but I'm not sure I should use the OG music version or the new version.
If you're just going to pick up after 7 and play chap 8 (which is kinda difficult unless you find a compatible save) it's not that important. If you're going to restart the game in the final version after having played the first 7 chapters before the musicpocalips, it might be worth the effort for you to install Sancho's music mod (just remember to copy all the music files from v7 to v8 ... the OP has all the instructions on how).

I played the whole game once before it was available, and while I still enjoyed it, the changes to the music were ... distracting, to say the least.

I still think if I'd never played it before, it wouldn't be so jarring, but I had, and it was.

Reactions: NukaCola
5.00 star(s) 11 Votes