Mod Ren'Py Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Does this mod work for the game version posted in f95 because here it just says Chapter 8 v1.0 and the mod suppossedly support Ch8 1.0.1c or 1.0.1s .
Yes it does. You get the benefit of having the latest version of the VN even though it's not posted on this site. Win-win for you. Regards.

Reactions: The_Dark_Army

snarknado317

Aug 29, 2021
Hey Sancho,

I love your mods and understand it's a busy time of year for you with with games. I'm looking for some help though. I though I'd give the game another go and got the error I attached trying to start, reload, or play scenes from the gallery.

Do you have any advice on how to fix this, since I'm sure I did something wrong?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho,

I love your mods and understand it's a busy time of year for you with with games. I'm looking for some help though. I though I'd give the game another go and got the error I attached trying to start, reload, or play scenes from the gallery.

Do you have any advice on how to fix this, since I'm sure I did something wrong?
Good afternoon. A fella here had the same exact issue. The exception being thrown is related to the "HoverHelp" mouse positioning finder. It's the same in every single SanchoMod currently publicly available. I can't think of any reason why it's throwing you an error except it appear you have unren'd the mod at a minimum... which is a no-no. Nothing in the instructions says to do this.
  1. Install a fresh/clean copy of the VN in a new directory (unadulterated).
  2. Install SanchoMod inside that new VN copy's "game" folder.
  3. Run and report back.
Do only these steps. Don't get cute or pull any other shenanigans. Regards.

Reactions: snarknado317

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
What do you guys suggest, should I use the new or the original music version? Which one got the best music in you opinion?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What do you guys suggest, should I use the new or the original music version? Which one got the best music in you opinion?
Music like any art is subjective and personal so that's impossible to inform you. But, consider that the OG music was how the VN was intended by the dev. They didn't later replace the songs because they wanted to but rather because they HAD to. Now, you toss the coin...

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi
I started games recently, and of course installed the mod as almost always when available, but I'm confused on the meaning of the "MisOpp" variable and how it works. Is MisOpp = missed an opportunity? And what exactly are these opportunities? photos, kisses, sex or whatever?
I guess it's related to the choices showing up on screen when it says "Missed opp x girl", it seems pretty logical.
What I don't understand is for example: When the Mc meets Lexi at the Metronome, when she has to go back on stage, we have to choose to answer (see the screenshot below) (A)Beatiful (lexi +2) or (B)Joke (Lexi +1)-(Missed Opp Lexi). Before answering, the variable in the SanchoMod tab is: MisOpp =1 After the photo taken on stage the variable is: MisOpp = 0 or 1 depending on the choice A or B, and so far it's consistent, but as soon as he arrives at Stephanie's, the variable is: MisOpp = 3, and there , well it is much less coherent.
1674905184267.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0007.png

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi
I started games recently, and of course installed the mod as almost always when available, but I'm confused on the meaning of the "MisOpp" variable and how it works. Is MisOpp = missed an opportunity? And what exactly are these opportunities? photos, kisses, sex or whatever?
I guess it's related to the choices showing up on screen when it says "Missed opp x girl", it seems pretty logical.
What I don't understand is for example: When the Mc meets Lexi at the Metronome, when she has to go back on stage, we have to choose to answer (see the screenshot below) (A)Beatiful (lexi +2) or (B)Joke (Lexi +1)-(Missed Opp Lexi). Before answering, the variable in the SanchoMod tab is: MisOpp =1 After the photo taken on stage the variable is: MisOpp = 0 or 1 depending on the choice A or B, and so far it's consistent, but as soon as he arrives at Stephanie's, the variable is: MisOpp = 3, and there , well it is much less coherent.
View attachment 2345857 View attachment 2345860 View attachment 2345861
You're over-thinking it bud. At the end of each VN's chapter the dev has amongst other info "Missed Opportunities". These all go toward the LI's stats. The ChoiceGuide uses acronyms to conserve space. The stats you see are how many Missed Opportunities you currently have. It's not binary, it's a total. For example, if you have an LI with MO of 2 and then a choice where it you pick and get another MO then the stat displays 3.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
You're over-thinking it bud. At the end of each VN's chapter the dev has amongst other info "Missed Opportunities". These all go toward the LI's stats. The ChoiceGuide uses acronyms to conserve space. The stats you see are how many Missed Opportunities you currently have. It's not binary, it's a total. For example, if you have an LI with MO of 2 and then a choice where it you pick and get another MO then the stat displays 3.
Thanks Sancho for the arithmetic lesson, but I think I know what 1+1 equals (isn't it 3? Damn what a dumb I am :confused:), and that the final statistics are displayed at the end of the chapters.
That's exactly what I don't understand. Here two examples.

(Btw, for the acronyms I also understood that it was a question of saving space. I must look really stupid so I forgive you :p )

At the end of chapter 1 (Cinderella) Lexi's sats say
Lexi options (not opportunity) missed: 0

but your mod stats say
Value: 11
MisOpp: 3

As I understand it, the number 11 corresponds in a way to affection points and the number 3 corresponds to missed opportunities. Am I good or not so far?

Assuming that the results of all the choices made during the chapter are reported in the stats (yours and those of the game) only at the end of the chapter, there is no correlation between the final stat of the chapter (options missed = 0) and your mod stat (MisOpp = 3)
Don't think I'm stubborn in one direction or another, I'm just trying to understand. What I mean is, what would be the point of displaying the result of the choices as on the 2nd screenshot (Beautiful or Joke in this case) if in the end we do not find them in the stats?
But you know what? Don't answer if my questions annoy you, it doesn't matter :)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks Sancho for the arithmetic lesson, but I think I know what 1+1 equals (isn't it 3? Damn what a dumb I am :confused:), and that the final statistics are displayed at the end of the chapters.
That's exactly what I don't understand. Here two examples.

(Btw, for the acronyms I also understood that it was a question of saving space. I must look really stupid so I forgive you :p )

At the end of chapter 1 (Cinderella) Lexi's sats say
Lexi options (not opportunity) missed: 0

but your mod stats say
Value: 11
MisOpp: 3

As I understand it, the number 11 corresponds in a way to affection points and the number 3 corresponds to missed opportunities. Am I good or not so far?

Assuming that the results of all the choices made during the chapter are reported in the stats (yours and those of the game) only at the end of the chapter, there is no correlation between the final stat of the chapter (options missed = 0) and your mod stat (MisOpp = 3)
Don't think I'm stubborn in one direction or another, I'm just trying to understand. What I mean is, what would be the point of displaying the result of the choices as on the 2nd screenshot (Beautiful or Joke in this case) if in the end we do not find them in the stats?
But you know what? Don't answer if my questions annoy you, it doesn't matter :)
I'm in another VN project ATM, give me a couple minutes to close it down and open this project up so I can get to where you are and can give a proper reply....

Edit: ...okay, I've loaded several end of Ch1 Summaries and it looks like what you're seeing is the VN's clock forcing the MO's to change after the "Metro" scene (at the Steph apartment scene) to the next Chapter. It looks like this is due to you just having the last MO choice via Lexi (the "Beautiful"/"Joke" choice at the Metro bar). The MiniStat is correct but changes to the next Chapter during the next Steph scene (as stated) and closes with the C scene.

It's solid up to this point:
1674941801782.png
Then the very next scene setup the clock is technically changed to the next day and the mod's stats are changed:
1674941870085.png
Make sense? I can maneuver the VN's "day" clock to keep this from happening but as it stands that's what is occurring and the Chapter 1 phenomena you are experiencing. I must not have noticed the clock doing that in Ch1. As far as I'm aware it doesn't do that in latter Chapters but I'd have to check tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
I'm in another VN project ATM, give me a couple minutes to close it down and open this project up so I can get to where you are and can give a proper reply....

Edit: ...okay, I've loaded several end of Ch1 Summaries and it looks like what you're seeing is the VN's clock forcing the MO's to change after the "Metro" scene (at the Steph apartment scene) to the next Chapter. It looks like this is due to you just having the last MO choice via Lexi (the "Beautiful"/"Joke" choice at the Metro bar). The MiniStat is correct but changes to the next Chapter during the next Steph scene (as stated) and closes with the C scene.

It's solid up to this point:
View attachment 2347133
Then the very next scene setup the clock is technically changed to the next day and the mod's stats are changed:
View attachment 2347135
Make sense? I can maneuver the VN's "day" clock to keep this from happening but as it stands that's what is occurring and the Chapter 1 phenomena you are experiencing. I must not have noticed the clock doing that in Ch1. As far as I'm aware it doesn't do that in latter Chapters but I'd have to check tbh.
Ok, thanks for that insightful answer. It all makes sense now, and I'm not going crazy or completely dumb.
And like always, nice job btw :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, thanks for that insightful answer. It all makes sense now, and I'm not going crazy or completely dumb.
And like always, nice job btw :)
I didn't mean for my first reply to you to read offensive if it did... I never meant to insinuate anyone being "dumb" or otherwise. I was simply stating the simple facts of what MO is and how it's calc'd to figure out where your issue was exactly. It happens when I answer so many questions per day, I have to start off with a reply that gets us to even ground so, if there is an issue (like there is in the last two scenes of Ch1 you've found) we can sort it out. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and I've logged it down for maintenance. I skimmed through the following chapter code and didn't see a repeat so I'm 99.9% sure you can trust the info in every scene going forward. It's just those two scenes (the Steph Apt scene and the first Bridge scene) that it's happening. Regards bud.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
I didn't mean for my first reply to you to read offensive if it did... I never meant to insinuate anyone being "dumb" or otherwise. I was simply stating the simple facts of what MO is and how it's calc'd to figure out where your issue was exactly. It happens when I answer so many questions per day, I have to start off with a reply that gets us to even ground so, if there is an issue (like there is in the last two scenes of Ch1 you've found) we can sort it out. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and I've logged it down for maintenance. I skimmed through the following chapter code and didn't see a repeat so I'm 99.9% sure you can trust the info in every scene going forward. It's just those two scenes (the Steph Apt scene and the first Bridge scene) that it's happening. Regards bud.
No offense taken. I just joking around and am a little sarcastic, but always in a good mood. I regularly play with your mods installed, and when there are errors or bugs, it's usually from the original game code. I really appreciate the work you do and also your explanations. And I know that I'm a pain in the ass sometimes.. Well, often tbh :giggle:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No offense taken. I just joking around and am a little sarcastic, but always in a good mood. I regularly play with your mods installed, and when there are errors or bugs, it's usually from the original game code. I really appreciate the work you do and also your explanations. And I know that I'm a pain in the ass sometimes.. Well, often tbh :giggle:
Well then we are mostly on the same side of the boat as I'm rather sarcastic too at my age and I too can be a PITA. It's all good though as I'm on my first Crown & Coke of the evening. Again, regards and best to you and yours. I appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention even more now that I've sorted the "clock" issue but at the same time found (ironically, kinda) an issue with that particular Lexi MO... I was accounting for the player saying she was "beautiful" in the dynamic ChoiceGuide when actually it's the opposite. I borked Lexi in Chapter 1 apparently and will resolve it shortly.

This is how the ChoiceGuide is supposed to be (my coded macro with dynamic ChoiceGuide coding isn't perfect):
1674945384594.png

Last edited:
  • Haha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've updated the mod's FAQ according to the 2 bugs found in Chapter 1 (Stat screen MO's and Lexi's MO in the ChoiceGuide):
1674946186296.png

I'll create a maintenance update but thinking I might as well update the entire mod to the latest Core v7 to give all the additional features of the latest SanchoMod code. That way it's worth our while whenever revisiting the VN for another go down the road (the best VN's never get too old, they are like fine wine, just wait and replay them after some time has passed like rewatching a favorite movie or listening to a favorite album).

I've been extremely busy the last few months so don't hold your breath on this being done promptly but I will do it (it's going to take a few dozen hours of work to port it over). It's one of my personal favorite VNs so I'd do it for me anyway... you get the benefit as well.

That's it for now. Regards.

Thanks to Broutminou for stumbling upon the stat bug in Ch1 which led me to personally stumble upon the second bug.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Well then we are mostly on the same side of the boat as I'm rather sarcastic too at my age and I too can be a PITA. It's all good though as I'm on my first Crown & Coke of the evening. Again, regards and best to you and yours. I appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention even more now that I've sorted the "clock" issue but at the same time found (ironically, kinda) an issue with that particular Lexi MO... I was accounting for the player saying she was "beautiful" in the dynamic ChoiceGuide when actually it's the opposite. I borked Lexi in Chapter 1 apparently and will resolve it shortly.

This is how the ChoiceGuide is supposed to be (my coded macro with dynamic ChoiceGuide coding isn't perfect):
View attachment 2347296
It's alright then, we're between "Boomers" as some "Brats" would say
I'm jocking I'm jocking Youngsters.. Jeez :p
Glad to have helped in this case, and you can always count on me to dig up this kind of bug, because it always scratches me like a boil.
The best to you and yours too
And... bottom up. Cheer!

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes