VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Leap of Faith [Ch. 8 v1.0.3] [DriftyGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

zigorbob

It's like you watch a movie. I'm a french Canadian and English are not my first language. But the script and the story are so well written ... that I can stop playing. I did the Chapt. 1 to 7 in a week, +- 5h a day.

Can't wait for the chapter 8 :D
  2. 5.00 star(s)

hanchojack

Played this a while ago, but recently made an f95 account and figured I should show my support any way possible. LoF is one of the best adult games out there. The story is beautiful, sad, and funny all at the same time. I would do absolutely anything to help Cece. The music is phenomenal and goes great with the scenes. Can't wait to see how it ends!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

sennaf1

Excellent story, characters are really well written with a lot of depth to them, renders are really good, one of the best game out there, can't wait to see how the author is going to end this wonderful story!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Dax4Play

Top notch game. The incorporation of music in a unique way to the story line makes for an engaging visual novel. There are great moments of humor, sadness, kindness, and love. You can find a girl that fits just about any kind of personality you like, each with unique experiences, and there are multiple ways to play. The models are all sexy, the characters are mostly believable, the animations are some of the best around, and as I said, the music is terrific and uniquely used. Definitely 5 stars.

(This could be released without any sex scenes and would still be completely worth playing. The story is that compelling.)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Erwon

Played on the latest version as of now, which is Chapter 7. 5/5
    TLDR : If the devil is in the details, Lucifer itself made this game. Attention to details (both art-wise and story wise) make for one of the best games on this website. A touching story that will make you cry if you dare follow it, and more romances than expected to follow and get your sex/love fix from. Cece best girl.
    Warning : As the author warns a few times, if you are going through a rough time, emotionally, spare yourself the pain that you will DEFINITELY get from this game. Or don't forget to take breaks if it becomes too much.

I played my first and only meaningful playthrough rooting for Cece, and couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the need to give her the love she deserves. This, without knowing about what happens at the end of one of the latest chapters. I genuinely felt ran over by a truck.

Why? For a few reasons :
    The story is touching. Truly, wonderfully written, with always this soft balance between humor and seriousness. It tells the story of this group of people who just want to enjoy their life together, after so many years apart. It tells a story that only few should be able to relate to, yet one many of us may or may not have gone through.
    Mixing a relatable story with a fine writting and a loving, caring and carefully written scenario gives you a gem, one that only a few games can match on this website, yet one that no other game has managed to express as well. Finally, I don't remember any big grammar mistakes, perhaps a few typo but I may be confusing it with another game.

The art is honestly very great. It's not at the same peak as some other Ren'Py games, but it's ahead of many of the hundreds of games that are available here. And the fact that parts of the game are actual scenes, rather than static images, gives it a charm of its own. Yes, it isn't the smoothest animation of the decade. But it fits the game : a burn that, while not slow, takes the time needed to move forward, and isn't scared of advancing without showing you every little details : only the meaningful ones, that keep it story or romance driven. The attention to details is, to a casual player like me, astonishing. You can read characters from their body movements, the hesitation, fear or joy that they feel. And unlike many games, it does not hesitate to show a whole new render where only a shoulder was moved, or a finger followed a rhythm.

The musics are VERY well chosen, and always help convey the feelings that the scenes want you to get. The possibility to check, through your in-game phone, what music is playing (both lore-wise and real life wise) is really nice.

Finally, the story is currently divided into 7 fully fleshed chapters. While it may not mean much content for many games, this one has been running for almost two years. With more than 19 000 renders, it takes a bunch of time to actually get them all. Note that the story itself, in one go, will take you through about 10000 renders, leaving the difference for all the other romance paths and consequences of your choices.

I don't know how much Cece represents who the author wants her to. But the game conveys how much love they had for her, and how painful it is, to undergo what one should never have to. It hurts. It genuinely hurts the way only love can.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

elementary_scion

The most impactful story in the genre.

It really hits, with excellent character development and moments. But be prepared to feel things. A very serious exploration of an important topic that is close to the developer. Quite a few scenes which are very emotional, but in a positive way. Everything is supported by great writing, and good comedic sections.

Remove all of the erotic sections and the game stands on its own. That's not to discount that part - animations are above average, with a couple of standouts, and the situations are believable. I'd say the focus here is not on those scenes, which are used to support rather than drive the story.

Great character models without insane exaggeration of features, overall great quality renders, along with a few that are particularly well done.

Nothing super special in terms of mechanics, but capturing specific parts with the phone camera was actually quite a nice touch.

Must also be mentioned that the music is particularly well chosen.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2263858

I found this today and HOLY SHIT!!! I absolutely love it!

Lemme start with a thank you to Drifty, you are an absolute genius.
    I've played several of 'these' games before, but NOTHING comes close.
    I came into this after looking for that next game that has good renders and enough of a story that I could 'enjoy'... if you know what I mean ;)

But fuck my tits. This game is not what I expected and by far the best story I've ever seen. My first play-through I went Cece all the way and MY GOD. If it's your first time playing, please go with Cece for the first play-through. If you're like me and you like to 'form a connection' with the characters you're perusing, Cece will hit you hard. Now I won't spoil too much but her storyline hit close to home with things that have happened in my real life with my childhood best friend. Things turn out better for her than my personal story, but FUCK... chapter 6 and 7. That's all imma say about that.

I've never experienced something quite like this before. Full aroused one minute, and straight up ugly crying the next. Now I'm not someone who normally cries. I like to bottle up my emotions and stay strong. I have to admit though, this game helped me let go of all those pent up emotions and I genuinely felt lighter after playing this.

Straight up 100/10. Yes, one hundred out of ten. This game is literally my favorite game that I've ever come across. Once again, Drifty.. you are an absolute LEGEND and I really look forward to seeing more from you! :D
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Construct

I surprised myself by playing this game to the start of chapter 7 before I gave up.

The story goes a lot deeper than I have expected and it explores a theme that I‘d rather not think about too much.
    I was originally reeled in by the renders which are great. The abundance of animated scenes surprised me.
    Visual Novel-wise it feels solid, with choices that actually lead down different paths and an elaborate story line.

Now I have to admit, I expected more sex. I went into this and after the initial chapters I expected something along the lines of „sample everything in the beginning and pick what you like most, later.“ Turns out it is more of „Pick something early and stick with your choice for the rest of the game.“ That or I did something fundamentally wrong.
    I felt lead on. A lot of teasing from all the LIs but nothing solid if you didn‘t favour them with your choices.

At first I wanted to rate this 3 stars, since the story is solid. But this seemed unfair to me, given that I went into the game with expectations that it didn‘t fulfill. I bumped it up to 4 stars, since it is absolutely solid. An emotional storyline paired with some (not all of them) gorgeous LIs and a lot of animations that bring the characters to life. To be honest, the animated sex scenes were of lesser quality compared to some other non sexual animations.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

kut52

Most assuredly one of the best stories in an AVN that I have ever experienced. Have not yet reached the final chapter but this one really hits you, especially that chapter 6.... No spoilers though, I did find some of the animations a bit rough and the MC a bit too generic :D but the story more than makes up for this! If you want to have an emotional journey with some hot moments mixed in there then this is your kind of a game.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Erebus1

Unbelievably wonderful AVN. More story than sex which is generally what I look for in AVNs.

It is a powerfully strong story with a message, and does an excellent job portraying mental health issues and its fallout. I really can't stress this enough.

I don't think I've had a more cathartic experience in years.

This has been by far my favorite 'serious' AVN.

It was slightly slow to start for me, but I think that was more personal than quality.
    The story is wonderfully long with ups and downs, humor, and it makes perfect use of the very few but appropriate fourth wall breaks.

I have so much I want to say about this, but alot of it requires spoilers.

Not just great music, but great use of music to further the storytelling, and compliments the renders and plot points perfectly.

Perfect ending. Simply a beautiful game all around.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Again, just an absolutely wonderful game.
    Was so glad I could wishlist on steam, as I'll purchase it immediately upon its release.

Thank you for a story I will never forget.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

ProtoJoto

Review as of Chapter 7.
    In some ways this is probably the most moving VN I have played. I can’t recall another that brought tears to my eyes (except, on occasion, from laughter). Whether that is something desirable in an erotic VN I leave to the reader to decide. Leap of Faith is also unusually realistic in its harem elements, in that you are forced to choose, and experience the disappointment of the rejected. Again, whether this is desirable is a matter of taste. Personally, I prefer less realism in this area.

Overall the story is a bit of a mess. The solution to the framing mystery, of the girlfriend who disappeared two-years previously, turns out to be a ridiculous ass-pull. The MC is a hapless white-knight sort, who bobs through the story with all the agency of a piece of flotsam in the tide. And regardless of your choice of LI, the story of one girl (one of the least attractive), ends up dominating to a large degree.
    I would rate it a three-star story, with a star added for the tears.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4563316

Fantastic AVN, probably one of the best I've played.

The approach to storytelling on this one is what has me rate it so highly. It's nice to play an adult title where the narrative is the driving force and the paths you can take with each girl feel rewarding and legitimate, the girls don't feel like tools to be discarded for the sake of titillation and all of them bring something to the table other than looks.

Music is fantastic too, not a fan of generic tracks or silence during these games as music can and does indeed have the ability to amplify emotions in certain scenes. Song application is solid on this one, so credit for that too.

There are certainly some silly aspects, like the entire celebrity ordeal and how people effectively get together to spend time together and I do feel that the MC, whilst likeable is perhaps a bit too perfect? He doesn't seemingly have any flaws himself. Other than that, I don't have too much to complain about other than minor plot points, very minor gripes essentially.

On an emotional level, I didn't expect the game to resonate with me the way that it did as I'm not a particularly emotional guy. Leap of Faith certainly caught me off guard, which is hilariously rare for entertainment.

Overall, I think this is no doubt one of the best AVNs on this platform and that it should be supported financially. It's a stellar product within the AVN space and 100% deserving of your time.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

varcolacindragostit

It's has everything...It's a lot different than everything you will find here..it's like a journal or a book you keep reading and not wanting to end. It has more than erotic scenes, it has feelings and life examples.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

tmv

One of the best games I know with good storyline, humor, and beautiful visuals and animation. You should NOT skip through it with this one as you will miss out on a lot!
    Yet, be prepared to be touched by the text. It is not a wham bam, thank you meme kind of game. Take your time and enjoy!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

AngusFergusson

One of the best VNs out there currently. Although the animations are not that good, and a bit scarce, the story helps you ignore those, as this is the most heartfelt story that is currently out there in VNs in my opinion. It can be funny, sad and utterly devastating. A MUST play VN.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

OntheAir

This Review is about Lea pof Faith Version „Chapter 7“ vom 22.12.2021.

Story:
    The Story is really well written, and it is nice to play a game where you don’t have a big enemy which want you death. But you shouldn‘t play this game, when you have hard time and only looking for a happy story, because at some point it gets really dark.

Renders:
    The render quality is good, but nothing special.

Sex Scenes:
    There are some sex scenes, but not really much, it is more about the story and build up a relationship with your favourite girl. The sex scene not long either.

Models/ Personalities:
    I in this game are variations of models and the personalities are very different from each other.

Example: You have a Superstar and a lesbian couple that want to try a new thing with a boy.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 216358

A brilliant storytelling drama full of great characters you grow to love!

Pros
    • Excellent renders
    • Brilliant writing
    • Brilliant storytelling
    • Excellent cast of characters with unique personalities
    • Excellent character development
    • Character models have realistic body proportions (rare)
    • Good animations
    • Good sex scenes (overall)
    • Good humor
    • Very emotional game
    • Branching story where most choices matter
    • Lots of content

Cons
    • Low amount of lewd/sex content. I really felt like there should have been twice as much. Story is the emphasis here and adult content is an afterthought.
    • Sex scenes lack foreplay
    • I'm not a fan of the faces of half of the female character models in the game. Either the author and I have very different tastes or the author was attempting to be very realistic here. I greatly prefer fantasy here with attractive and hot females. They don't all have to be supermodels with F cup breasts like I see in so many other games but I thought that too many of the females in the game were average looking. Based on other reviews that I've read, this is a common complaint with the game.
    • The author tries to make the player fall in love with all the LIs in the game. This is a testament to the brilliant writing but it is also hard to swallow. You have to choose who you want to end up with and the author makes it a really difficult choice (painful even). It is like you have six different girlfriends and you are forced to break up with five of them all at the same time.
    • Too many events in the game are hidden and easily missed!
    • Not enough wardrobe changes with characters in the game. In fact Cece (even after going shopping with the MC and returning home with lots of new outfits from Lexi) wears the same outfit through 90% of the game.
    • Some story issues (see below)

Story issues

Early in the game the MC says he was laid off from his job in the sewers and then later on with Lexi, he tells her that he was fired. Being laid off and being fired are NOT the same thing. Sure, you lose your job either way but being fired is generally caused by doing something wrong. The MC was working long hours, working hard, and doing jobs that others didn't want to do, so saying he was fired is inconsistent with the story!

The whole cereal box ring story has multiple problems. First, Linda says that she had the ring on as a pussy ring/piercing and says she didn't have it anymore after going on a date with Matt and getting drunk, implying that he may have taken advantage of her or raped her. Later on in the story, there is a cutscene of Linda throwing the ring in an outdoor trash can after she sees the MC kissing another girl (Steph I believe). Further on, Matt says that he found the cereal box ring on the bathroom floor and claims he was a gentleman with Linda. None of this gets resolved! The group makes peace with Matt and they later become friends but that is it.

Lexi has red hair on the tarmac with her private jet and after she boards the plane a few minutes later she has her pop star signature hair.

Some choices are used improperly. They are used to separate dialog instead of being actual choices. For example, the MC gets an option to 'Join them in the water' when Cece and Linda go skinny dipping in the lake. The dialog then says something along the lines of 'sorry, you can't do that, you are in a relationship with someone else and they wouldn't appreciate it'. The choice is basically not a choice. The author does this several times throughout the game and it is highly annoying!

The author will also throw up a single choice sometimes to click on when there is only one which is kind of pointless. It isn't a matter of there being only one choice due to decisions you've made in the past, there is literally only one choice no matter what. Just continue the story dev and stop asking for unnecessary clicks!

The truth or dare game is weak and pathetic! This could have really been a good event but the dev chose to keep it non-adult. There could have been a lot of sexy dares to really spice things up! Instead, we get a butt identification contest which is poorly executed. The room is so dark that it is impossible to tell one butt from another! Sure, the RGB lighting is cool but it isn't functional in the contest (still too dark). I was disappointed and feel that this was a missed opportunity! The butt contest just functions as a plot piece for lots of jokes later in the game.

The story with the MC's father was extremely weak. His father was basically a plot piece so the MC could meet his sister. The father invites the MC over why exactly??? He tells him a bit about his past life and that is about it. He doesn't answer why he left them. He doesn't tell the MC that he wants to be a part of his life. He spends maybe 15 minutes with him. He basically just says, "Hi, here are a few things I've been up to in the past, goodbye!" No resolution to anything at all, pointless really.

I wish the developer didn't intentionally try to hide events to try and force multiple playthroughs. I didn't use a walkthrough and missed a number of events in the game. After looking through the code (after finishing the game), it is very easy to miss many of them. I frown on games that require a walkthrough and this game comes darn close.

Lewd/sex scenes

Overall, the sex scenes in the game are good but there are several disappointments. First, there are far too few of them, even when they clearly make sense. It is like the author is intentionally avoiding them.

There is almost no foreplay to sex. There is usually a kiss and/or hug but then it almost always goes straight to fucking. I was hoping for more foreplay such as eating pussy, 69, breast play, blow jobs, etc. The same pattern keeps repeating itself (kissing -> fucking).

The animations are well done, smooth with good framerate, and most are excellent.

I was hoping that I could have a mini-harem with Lexi and Holly but the developer is hell bent on not allowing that to happen. You get one threesome scene and then both Lexi and Holly regret it afterwards.

Final Thoughts

The game is a brilliant and emotional drama! It is highly polished and very well executed!

I enjoyed my playthrough of this game! The game is very story driven but I wish there was a stronger emphasis on the lewd/sex/adult content.

I highly recommend this game and encourage others to give it a try!
  18. 3.00 star(s)

wiwem71072

My review of Leap Of Faith [Ch.7]

A game with pretty good graphics, sound, and decent writing.
    Unfortunately the story is pretty poor.

Story (P1)
    MC is basically depressed because his ex-girlfriend left him 2 years ago and he isn't really going out anymore.
    But all this changes once his comic-relief friend decides to drag him out to cafes and clubs to pick up girls.
    One week (of partying and helping out girls with mostly minor problems) later you already have a harem of 6 girls that want nothing more than be in a relationship with you.
    - 2 of them already live with you and sleep with you in your bed.
    - 1 is your ex-girlfriend.
    - 1 is an ultra-rich superstar that invites your whole harem (which includes her) to party at her villa.
    So far so boring - no main story in sight.

Choices
    The game has lots of choices but they only affect dialogue and what scenes you see a little bit.
    The one big choice is choosing the girl you want to have a relationship with (which makes all other girls constantly sad and cry about not being chosen + locks you out from all other routes).

Story (P2)
    After that the story picks up a bit though and some more interesting things, instead of non-stop partying, happen.
    Unfortunately shortly after something really bad happens to the "main girl" - rendering all the choices you've made so far completely meaningless, because the "main story" (which is all about the "main girl") is 100% linear.
    After that I still kept playing for an hour or so, but the story was boring again, and knowing my choices don't really matter I stopped playing.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

dududuu

I don't really review games and this is my first review, but "Leap of Faith " is the only one on this site that has made me feel guilty for not doing so.

The writing of this game is straight up brilliant and the story is very emotional and touches some very hard subjects. I have to admit I don't usually get emotionally wrecked by games or movies but this game managed to do it. The characters feel like real people and you start to actually care for them and almost forget that you are playing a VN. The music is also superbly used to complement the atmosphere and story. If I could, I would rate it higher than 5 stars I feel like this game is just on an another level in storytelling. English is not my main language so I feel like im at an loss of words and my words cant do this game justice.

If I just had to nitpick and give criticism, some of the animation work can be pretty basic. Also personally I found only one of the characters romantically attractive (If you've played the game, I think it's obvious who she is) so on that front there was no hard choices for me.

TLDR: In my opinion the best VN on this site and if I had to recommend only one game on this site it would be this one, do yourself a favor and just download it. If you are at all into good stories and not a quick fap I guarantee you wont regret it.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

cockcockcockcockcock

WTF! WTF! WTF! WTF! WTF!!!!!!!!!

Are you, @DriftyGames trying to break me? To mess me up?
    To forget that I found this game at F95? To forget that I'm playing an erotic game?

Well, consider it a success.
    Consider your game not just an erotic game, but an outstanding piece of art.
    At least that's what I consider it.

It might sound banal, but the way the text and images compliments each other in this game is brilliant. Together with the fantastic writing itself, this game has really touched me. In particular the latest episode (chapter 7) which I won't spoil. I'll just say that there's a scene where a character talks about the value friendships among hardships and shared burdens, and then some unexpected friendly gestures.

I love games that makes me feel things. Sometimes I feel like I've hardened, like I don't even respond with human empathy to all the shit that happens in the world. Then it's very nice to get this reassurance that I do still have it in me. Though Idk if any other games on this side have had this effect on me at all. Not many games in all of games have had this effect on me. Thanks.

I don't remember if I'm already supporting the creator on Patreon, but if I'm not, then I will.