VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Leap of Faith [Ch. 8 v1.0.3] [DriftyGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Yeffa

Fantastic game. The story goes emotionally far beyond most adult games which makes it far more enjoyable. Well writtencharacters and animation was great overall. The only reason not to play it is if you aren't in the mood to have an emotional kick to the balls.

Well done Drifty!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Pesky_peskers

This was one of those games, where you'd be fine even if the intercourse scenes were not present. Outstanding storytelling, all the characters are fully utilized without any fillers and straight to the point, I played the first 5 chapters in 1 sitting and it's just so easy to go through, I didn't feel I should click rapidly to go to the next scences, and had a overall great time, like chilling out with friends.

I don't know why I was skeptical at first because I didn't think an emotional story telling is possible through this medium, but it was a pleasant surprise to be treated with this masterfully crafted story, well animated and use
    of curated music that is mesmerising and complements the scences wonderfully.

This was such a delight, I didn't find myself trying to get a score with each and every woman, but let the story fold organically and it was a rewarding experience in the end. I haven't seen such a creative use of visual elements to enhance and make the scenes more fun to experience than ever before, such a thrilling roller coaster ride of emotions.

If you're on the fence about how you'll feel about this game..this might sound cheesy but you gotta take a leap of faith to find out. At the end of it you'll be left with an experience like no other, and it will make you appreciate more the hard work and personal journey of the dev that goes behind the scenes to treat us with such a creative spectacle. It wasn't short, it wasn't long, it wasn't boring and it wasn't virtue signaling either. This was a perfect masterclass of how a visual novel can have such an impact on the community, this was a masterpiece.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

barrovskii

Wow. Just wow.
    What a roller-coaster of emotions this was. Those characters had dynamic and believable personalities, backgrounds, emotions and the dev wrote them in such a way that they just all felt.. alive!
    I really hope the dev keeps writing stories, no matter the genre, because he has so much talent it's just truly amazing . I also hope he gets the love and support he deserves.
    Thank you for the game Drifty. Even better, thank you for the experience. Really.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Hravn

What makes a good game amazing? These are details, and the first such detail was the end of the first chapter, when the author masterfully performed the transition to the title of the chapter.
    The plot is quite simple, but its details immerse you in what is happening on the screen and cause sincere emotions.
    The characters are interesting, each girl has her own quirks and character development. Great music, falling in time with what is happening.
    As a result, the author made a wonderful visual novel. I thank him for this work and wish him peace in his soul.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

talion777

This is overall an excellent game, with great writing, characters and humor. People should be aware that there is some darker content in it and it may not be for everybody, but everything is handled tastefully and well in that aspect of the game. MC is generally likeable and choices definitely matter, but the choices that matter most are mostly front loaded into the first half of the game so there's less sense of participation in the latter half of the game. There's a lot of clicking and looking to see how your earlier decisions play out. That's mostly ok because the storytelling is good, but it would be nice to have a little more impact in the end of the game too. The sense of play diminishes as you move along. There are also a couple of instances of things that seem important as tasks or events in the game that don't really get adequately resolved or that you don't see the results of, but really these are minor quibbles in what generally is a great game. Definitely recommended.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

AHAB1

Incredibly written, multiple endings, and a "book" hangover where I'm sad it's over. It also has some tender moments that may hit you harder than you expect. I didn't think I'd get this much from an adult game, but I'm glad I went with Leap of Faith!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Kallisti_I

I can't really express how great this game is and how much it touched me. I will just say this:

Leap of Faith is one of the best adult visual novels around. It's sexy, it's funny, every girl has her own path (some even more than one), the story is great and did I mention it is sometimes hillariously funny... and then it punches you in the gut and makes you realize this is an adult game in more sense than one.

I cannot praise this game highly enough. It is truly a work of art.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

♂Brout&Minou♀

Already posted in the thread, but I can't write more or better, so...

Wow! And in saying that, I mean it.
    We have just finished our first run or rather first path with Lexi. We wanted it to be with Holly but it looks like we missed something. Probably the first choice when the Mc first meets Holly, then she asks him about his intentions with Lexi. We will try every girl's way, even if it is not mandatory for us to do so. It ultimately depends on the characters and many other things, so if we don't like one of the characters, we don't go that route. Here, all the characters are lovely and have an interesting background to discover. Moreover, their stories like the general plot of the game are quite plausible. Plausible to the point that some can relate with part of the story. We had read quite a few reviews and comments of the game, but as always take them with salt and pepper. Roller coaster huh? Yeah yeah, We'll see.... And we saw! Me more than my partner for that matter. Needless to say which part of this story is the most disturbing, everyone knows what, or rather who I am talking about. I was probably very naive when by avoiding choosing Cece, I thought I was avoiding drama. Having experienced something very similar, I discovered that I could still cry my heart out. Hell, I even had to take a break away from home for a few days to clear my head. I really identified with the relationship the Mc has with Cece. Suffering from empathy seems really strange, the symptoms seem to be irrational. To make a comparison, just imagine a big slap on the back while you suffer from a sunburn. Now sit in front of the TV news, and watch the bombs fall on a city on the other side of the world, and each bomb represents a great slap on your brain whose sensitivity is heightened by the sunburn. My little sister felt this for the smallest things that seem so insignificant to us, that we hardly perceive them at most. If the game is a fiction, part of this story feels lived. It seems Cece's character is modeled by the Dev's daughter. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. Anyway, we're going to wait a bit before choosing the path of another girl, because if I continue to cry, my eyes will eventually fall to the ground and break like crystal.

Now, speaking only of the game.
    The title is really appropriate. It's an act of faith, once in a lifetime during a slice of life of an Mc, who too rarely is not a perfect asshole, stupid as a broom, who pervs neither more nor less than a normal guy , and not even that much, considering the number of sex bombs that revolve around him. His story begins in a fairly banal way (who has not experienced a tromatizing rupture in his life has not experienced one, in my humble opinion) and whose awakening is two-way, I mean he doesn't content himself to come out of his sack when he heard the alarm clock ringing.

NPCs....well, maybe not playable but definitely playful. Did I ever say girls were sex bombs? They are ready to explode of course, but their physique is only part of their charms. We learn to know them through different little scenes, especially during the interludes between two chapters. Long story short, the characters in the game are all different in both physical and mentality, which makes them all the more interesting. The story. Here, no Mc who builds a harem in his high school by blackmailing his main teacher, and\or who pervs on his benevolent mom, his bitchy big sister and his mischievous little sister, Nope!
    Here, it's a guy who wakes up one morning, realizes he's wasted enough time complaining about something he has no control over, and armed with his best friend, will meet unexpected people. coming from different backgrounds who also have their own problems. First befriending them, they will live an extraordinary adventure thanks to an opportunity that we can only dream of. Lives that intersect, come together, to finally resume their journey separately, but having all taken back their lives in hand. A real rollercoaster full of strong emotions. Personally, I laughed a lot but also cried, and in between a range of emotions as colorful as a rainbow. Did I say we liked the game? Yeah, it's really a nice surprise that didn't leave us indifferent.

Con: you need a fucking machine gun pc to fully enjoy this game
  9. 5.00 star(s)

bbbbbobbbbbbb

I consider myself fairly tight with my emotions. I am a man after all, and society has ingrained into me not to cry. However, this game made me bawl like a baby multiple times. I cannot recommend this highly enough. You will fall in love with the characters, and the story is purely amazing. If you are on the fence on trying this game for any reason, please do try it. It will emotionally impact you, and you will enjoy it all. Easily the best visual novel out there.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

concord72

Totally deserving of being the 5th highest rated game here. An emotional journey, one that had me shed tears at one point, definitely worth playing. This is NOT a fuckfest like most of the games here, there's a decent amount of scenes but the game locks you into one of 6 paths fairly early, so you'll have to play 6 times to see them all, but its still a great experience.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

1steverogers

*One of the best games on this site*

Only recently found this game based on the signature of a random member whilst i was reading a thread for another game. all i can say is WOW!

In this game, choices mean something, lots of branching storylines, geninely emotional and well written throughout and enough lewd content to satisfy the fappers too.

I have played through this game twice so far to choose different LIs, i will probably playthrough it again too with one of the other potential LIs.

For those that like an engaging story this is a must play.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

breadstick03

One of the best games I have played of this genera. Definite recommend. The renders are stunning (a few minor errors) but the animations set this game apart and the story is next level. Definitely interested to see how Drifty can top this with the next venture.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

shirox2

fucking perfect! it has a wide variety of options that make you feel really free to choose, where you can screw it up. it's very refreshing and gives you a lot of freedom even though it follows a linear story the ability to finish it however you like is just great.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Birdmanbcon

Easily one of, if not the most, compelling and well written stories in any of the games I have played. It's really easy to get emotionally invested in this game with how great the characters are. One of the few games where I have both cried and laughed during a session of play and where I actively awaited the release of the next chapter. The varying arcs are all great and keep you interested in the game and how the various endings are all presented.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

ixRemnant

It takes a significant amount of time, energy, and skill to make a game as polished as this one.

The type of polish I am referring to is how the game's story immerses the player in the characters' lives, evoking empathy and allowing the player to understand and see the world from the characters' perspectives. This is achieved through well-written dialogue and plot elements that give the characters a sense of depth, making them feel like real people with their own unique personalities, backgrounds, and struggles.

The game also features music that effectively reflects the characters' emotions at different points in the story, not to mention many of the songs are hidden gems.

One of the game's standout features is its consistent and powerful message that is woven throughout the story, tackling important issues such as mental health and the challenges of life, while reinforcing ideas that you should keep persevering. You don't have to be alone! You can still be happy!

A leap of faith is a powerful thing, and this game portrays that quite beautifully.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Exterant

I'm not even kidding you; this is one of the most depressing games I think I've ever played in my entire life. First off, this might be one of my favorite cast of characters in an AVN. Not necessarily because of their looks, but because of their connection and friendship. Drifty definitely did a great job crafting this story, especially regarding Cece. Great music, fun moments, and one of the greatest love interests in AVN history. The renders are a bit wonky though, but once you get far enough, you'll start to get used to it. What rhymes with coffee? Cece!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Ranlom

An absolute work of art in every single way. The sexual content, the story, the attention to detail.. It's something I've never gotten from a game before. It actually made me tear up. Bravo, hats off, highly recommended.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

CoconutBayBro

This game has pretty much outdone every other 3D adult game just for the story alone. What can I say... I was utterly left in tears.

THE STORY: Nothing short of brilliance, the writing is truly on the next level. You generally feel an attachment to all of the characters. Each of them have their unique and goofy charm. There are both depressing and wholesome moments with each of the heroines which in turn leads to a deeply engaging narrative.

THE MUSIC: Most games usually consist of unneeded melodies which conflicts the core gameplay and writing. However, LOF made me addicted for its vivid and perpetual soundtrack. The tunes are straight up bangers.

THE ANIMATIONS: The quality of all the scenes is by far the most gorgeous I've seen in any adult novel. The expressions and movements produces the most excruciating sequences which overall makes the game feel soulful.

Kudos to the Dev. I'm highly anticipating their next work which already looks to be another phenomenon.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

FeelsGouda

Came to fap.
    Left crying.
    Felt bad because I went with my dick and not my heart the first time round.
    Played it a second time.
    Left crying again.

Recommend if you like a good story with quite a bit of emotions.
    Do not recommend if you look for that quick wank, don't be like me.

5/5
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Itsyaboy420

it's one of those games where you could not help but just say the words "what an amazing game". the story is so good that i fuckin cried, cummed, and smiled contently as i saw the happy ending. i hope the dev will continue making games and you're a legend in my eyes for making this.