Mod Ren'Py Completed Leap of Faith [Ch8] v1.0c - Music Restoration Mod [v1.2.2] - With WT DLC Patch [Azk66]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
lof-banner.png

Overview:
This mod adds an option to the Preferences screen to allow you to switch the music
from the chapters 1 to 7 to the original soundtrack chosen by Drifty before the license holder invalidates a lot of licenses.

The effort Drifty put in the original soundtrack is way too good, in my opinion,
and should stay available, so here it is.

Updated: 2022-10-16
Created: 2022-09-11
Game/Creator: Leap Of Faith / DriftyGames - - -
Modder: Azk66
Mod Version: 1.2.2
Game Version: 1.0c / Ch8
Language: English
Other Mods: List of mods

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Disclaimer:

Download Music Restoration Mod 1.2.2 (906 MB): - -
Download update only v1.2.x to 1.2.2 (408 KB): - -
Patch for Walkthrough DLC Version (by lancelot0501 ) (413 KB): - - - Attached filed below

Last edited:

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
The DLC doesn't work. I get this error 20 seconds into the game.
Are you sure you used the patch on the correct version ? The patch provided here is not the DLC, it's only meant to be used IF you have the game with the DLC version. I just downloaded the last version off Drifty's Patreon and I don't have any error during the first chapter. You can check your game version quite easily, since there is a new button on the main menu called DLC Option (see attached screenshot)

Last edited:

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
Are you sure you used the path on the correct version ? The patch provided here is not the DLC, it's only meant to be used IF you have the game with the DLC version. I just downloaded the last version off Drifty's Patreon and I don't have any error during the first chapter. You can check your game version quite easily, since there is a new button on the main menu called DLC Option (see attached screenshot)
Oh my bad, I thought it was the DLC.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So there's really no way to add this to the Steam version once you've added the DLC to the account I guess?

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
So there's really no way to add this to the Steam version once you've added the DLC to the account I guess?
Yes there is.

If you don't have the DLC, you just need the regular mod
If you have the DLC, you need to install first the regular mod, then the DLC patch

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yes there is.

If you don't have the DLC, you just need the regular mod
If you have the DLC, you need to install first the regular mod, then the DLC patch
Okay, my blind ass just figured out there's two files on the OP to download (I thought the "then the DLC patch" was the steam DLC ...)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, got it working. Playing wrong song upon returning to hospital to meet friend (says right song in phone, and song is in the inventory, but it's playing one of the peppy background music pieces from chap 4 I think ...)

Update: haven't checked the files on this one, but the first three songs in Chap 5 seem to be the post-apocalypse songs instead of the original tracks.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, I didn't realize it at first, but even though all the Walkthrough DLC and your music mod info are still in the menus, they all went poof for me once Chap. 5 starts. The game is playing like it's the vanilla final version without any mods. (Which isn't that bad, cause it still works, but ...) I'll try reinstalling later today and see if it works incase something happened on my end, but it's weird.

EDIT: Chapter 6 has original music and Walkthrough back, so if it's not on my end, it seems to be just Chap. 5 (so far)

Last edited:

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Okay, I didn't realize it at first, but even though all the Walkthrough DLC and your music mod info are still in the menus, they all went poof for me once Chap. 5 starts. The game is playing like it's the vanilla final version without any mods. (Which isn't that bad, cause it still works, but ...) I'll try reinstalling later today and see if it works incase something happened on my end, but it's weird.

EDIT: Chapter 6 has original music and Walkthrough back, so if it's not on my end, it seems to be just Chap. 5 (so far)
I will check that when I have the time. It probably is not a issue from your side, maybe the script of chapter 5 from the patch is incorrect

edit: It's not you, the script from chapter five that is corrupted, on both patch and restoration mod

Last edited:

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020

The update is done, you can download the WT patch version if you're using the DLC, or the update only if you are not.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The update is done, you can download the WT patch version if you're using the DLC, or the update only if you are not.
The music is fixed, but I still don't get any Drifty Walkthrough stuff in Chap 5. It's there in Chap 4 and Chap 6 still, but the update only fixed the music in Chap 5 (for me at least).

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
The music is fixed, but I still don't get any Drifty Walkthrough stuff in Chap 5. It's there in Chap 4 and Chap 6 still, but the update only fixed the music in Chap 5 (for me at least).
That's karma punishing me for trying to copy the files too fast. Here is the good file. Updating the archive on OP now

edit: link updated

Last edited:
  • Haha
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes