• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Completed Leap of Faith [Ch8] v1.0c - Music Restoration Mod [v1.2.2] - With WT DLC Patch [Azk66]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Aug 29, 2020
Unfortunately with a problem here, throughout the game.
I tried putting the songs first and then the WT, did not work, then did the reverse, and also was not,.

and both the case I delete and extract the game

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 62, in script
$ dlcnote = ex0003
File "game/script.rpy", line 62, in <module>
$ dlcnote = ex0003
NameError: name 'ex0003' is not defined

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
```

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I tried putting the songs first and then the WT, did not work, then did the reverse, and also was not,.

```

While running game code:
$ dlcnote = ex0003
$ dlcnote = ex0003

```
Just to clarify: First, make sure you have a clean, un-modded -- or clean Drifty DLC -- version of the game. Then, copy all the files from the music restore download to the game directory. Then, ONLY if you're using the Drifty DLC, copy the WT fix files into the game directory.

Reactions: Azk66

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020

```

While running game code:
$ dlcnote = ex0003
$ dlcnote = ex0003

```
Like Elhemeer said, if you want to use the DLC and the mod, make sure the DLC is installed before installing the mod.

Once you made your installation without the music mod, install it. If you're not using the DLC, it's ready to play. If you are using the DLC, install Patch for Walkthrough DLC Version and you are good to go.

Every mod rewrite all the scripts files, so the order is important

Last edited:

Commander Paco

Sep 11, 2022
Seems like the music doesn't come through in Chapter 2 (visiting Cece in the hospital and meeting Linda). Phone shows the correct info for the older music track, but it's the new music that is playing. I have turned on the option for the old music in Preferences.

I even did a complete clean install of the game (latest version with DLC off Patreon), installed the mod, then the DLC patch, and still a no go at this point.

That being said, older music started working again later...so not 100% sure where it failed. Otherwise, great to hear the old music! I can hopefully stop playing the first 7 chapters on the older version and stop worrying about saves not coming over correctly, LOL.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Seems like the music doesn't come through in Chapter 2 (visiting Cece in the hospital and meeting Linda). Phone shows the correct info for the older music track, but it's the new music that is playing. I have turned on the option for the old music in Preferences.

I even did a complete clean install of the game (latest version with DLC off Patreon), installed the mod, then the DLC patch, and still a no go at this point.

That being said, older music started working again later...so not 100% sure where it failed. Otherwise, great to hear the old music! I can hopefully stop playing the first 7 chapters on the older version and stop worrying about saves not coming over correctly, LOL.
Thanks for the feedback, I'm on it

Reactions: Commander Paco

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
The files has been updated. In your case, you only need to download again the Patch for Walkthrough DLC Version and reapply it to your game. The tracks are already there, it was just that the script aren't playing them.

For people not using the DLC, downloading the Download update only v1.2.x to 1.2.2 will do the trick (updated script without having to download all the music again)

CPac2Pac Sorry for the inconvenience. (and what a shame to have missed a Michael Shynes music, Chris would be mad)

The two missing scene I found was the hospital scene and the Robin scene at the bowling alley, other tracks of chapter 2 seemed ok

Commander Paco

Sep 11, 2022
The files has been updated. In your case, you only need to download again the Patch for Walkthrough DLC Version and reapply it to your game. The tracks are already there, it was just that the script aren't playing them.

For people not using the DLC, downloading the Download update only v1.2.x to 1.2.2 will do the trick (updated script without having to download all the music again)

CPac2Pac Sorry for the inconvenience. (and what a shame to have missed a Michael Shynes music, Chris would be mad)

The two missing scene I found was the hospital scene and the Robin scene at the bowling alley, other tracks of chapter 2 seemed ok
Awesome! I'll give it a shot tonight! (Chris would be very sad to hear Shynes missing, LOL).

Thanks again!

MorgothTD

Oct 13, 2022
Azk66 - thanks so much for this! I was desperately hoping someone had put together a mod like this, but didn't want to get my hopes up. When I found it here, I was delighted. Thanks again!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Azk66 - thanks so much for this! I was desperately hoping someone had put together a mod like this, but didn't want to get my hopes up. When I found it here, I was delighted. Thanks again!
I don't want to be rude to Azk66, because I love that I can use this with Drifty's DLC/Commentary mod. It's fantastic. BUT ... you should really check out Sancho1969's collection of mods.

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Glad you liked it, it was my pleasure (beside I started to do it for me)

I don't want to be rude to Azk66, because I love that I can use this with Drifty's DLC/Commentary mod. It's fantastic. BUT ... you should really check out Sancho1969's collection of mods.
Ahah that's not rude at all, Sancho is making mods at a totally different level. His mods usually have a lot of features, and are really awesome. I, myself use a lot of them.
I only chose to do this one myself out of respect for Drifty's work on his first soundtrack, because I wanted to play with both of them

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
does it also have a walkthrough mod? :unsure:
The secondary point of this Music Mod is to allow you to use Drifty's DLC mod (steam and patreon), which includes walkthrough, behind the scenes and commentary options. The best part is it provides you the music files.

If you don't have access to the official DLC (although it's probably on here somewhere) look up Sancho1969's mod, which also includes a music restoration -- although you need files from Chapter 7 pre-musicopolips to use it; it's not compatible with the files this one supplies.

Screwballio

Apr 12, 2023
Running through with this mod right now, the scene (Specifically the start of it while with flashbacks/Cece preparing) at the end of chapter 6 doesn't have music when the original version did, I went and compared with my original Ep7 file to confirm. I doubt this mod will be being updated again, but I'll probably have to try Sancho's Mod, which unfortunately doesn't work with the guide DLC (I like the dev commentary and behinds the scenes) :/

• Red Heart
Reactions: Elhemeer

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Running through with this mod right now, the scene (Specifically the start of it while with flashbacks/Cece preparing) at the end of chapter 6 doesn't have music when the original version did, I went and compared with my original Ep7 file to confirm. I doubt this mod will be being updated again, but I'll probably have to try Sancho's Mod, which unfortunately doesn't work with the guide DLC (I like the dev commentary and behinds the scenes) :/
I'm not above updating it if you find a flaw. I will look into it

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Try this one. Name is the same but I updated chapter 6 script. Tell me if it fixes your issue.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes