Mod Ren'Py Leap of Faith - TheWarehouse's Walkthrough, Gallery Unlocker, Scene Gallery, Improvements Mod [0.6.1c] [DriftyGames]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
It's a little early in the story I know, but I was bored, so I went ahead and added a few lines for named saves. Maybe no one needs that but hey, I am lazy and like to do things the easy way. OscarSix, This was done in Screens.rpy so nothing was changed, just the lines added. I also tested multiple times. Will also post the modded and un-modded file on the main thread
Nicely done, I will see if I can add when the game updates to 0.3.2

Reactions: retnavgunner

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
It's a little early in the story I know, but I was bored, so I went ahead and added a few lines for named saves. Maybe no one needs that but hey, I am lazy and like to do things the easy way. OscarSix, This was done in Screens.rpy so nothing was changed, just the lines added. I also tested multiple times. Will also post the modded and un-modded file on the main thread
Does this "named saves" work withh all renpy games or just this particular one?

retnavgunner

Jul 3, 2018
I wouldn't mind it for Halfway House or Leap of Faith or even something like New Coral City. No worries if you don't play those
I will take a look later, and will post on the respective thread. Leap of Faith is already done of course. Should I get the other two working, I will post on the respective thread and send you a msg so this thread doesn't get hijacked.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Its a major path decision so having an option to do both would turn the game into a linear/kinetic novel instead of a game. Not what I believe my scene/gameplay improvements should do.
Dude we can use PDF instead of mod without that feature you know that right? Whats point of making mod then? Dont get me wrong I'm happy with your mod but... You know that right not everyone fan of your idea, not everyone fan of playing game from begining just because of that choices. I dont want this effect my future scenes. When time comes for getting some scenes i will need load this choice and start again... And its god damn borings this is why mods like your are best. Because with like that mods we can get both scenes and get ride of that mindless thing. You can love this, you can hate this but its purpose of walkthrough mods. You should add this and using this or not is choice of user/gamer himself/herself. Its not about your personal taste. Please add this... Thank you <3

• Angry
Reactions: DarkAssassin

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
Dude we can use PDF instead of mod without that feature you know that right? Whats point of making mod then? Dont get me wrong I'm happy with your mod but... You know that right not everyone fan of your idea, not everyone fan of playing game from begining just because of that choices. I dont want this effect my future scenes. When time comes for getting some scenes i will need load this choice and start again... And its god damn borings this is why mods like your are best. Because with like that mods we can get both scenes and get ride of that mindless thing. You can love this, you can hate this but its purpose of walkthrough mods. You should add this and using this or not is choice of user/gamer himself/herself. Its not about your personal taste. Please add this... Thank you <3
Mods don't break the immersion as much as having to tab out or look at another screen to read a PDF guide. The mod also isn't just a walkthrough, if you want to see scenes that you might have missed there is a scene gallery with all H scenes I can find.
In the end, it is my choice, I code the mods, not yourself/the user/the gamer and its offered to you for free. It is YOUR choice to use it or not. If you or others wish to transform the game into a linear/kinetic novel feel free do so.

Regards
Oscar

• Sad
Reactions: RandyPhoenix

DarkAssassin

I, for one, welcome our new android overlords.
Modder
Donor
Nov 2, 2017
you can always use multiple saves. why this is an issue whether to chose both options or not? and as far as i know, Oscar didn't say anything about "you can always chose all paths"
use multiple saves bro :)

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
It's always nice to see people be appreciative and respectful of the time that other's put into the things that they do for the community, us, for free

Warms the heart.

..... O.O
Well I think modders here kinda "compete" in a way to do mods for each game and if one person has "claimed" a game it's expected they will release a mod for it ASAP after release as there are other people who would do it otherwise. I could be wrong it's just the impression I got seeing some interactions between modders.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well I think modders here kinda "compete" in a way to do mods for each game and if one person has "claimed" a game it's expected they will release a mod for it ASAP after release as there are other people who would do it otherwise. I could be wrong it's just the impression I got seeing some interactions between modders.
Pretty much that. Also, they could all be friends and they're fucking with him.

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
You heared it, OS!! :p Hehe! Cant play further without it, not even new games :p
OS? I assume that's OscarSix xD Most people shorten my name to O6 xD
Just waiting on Ditty to finalise the Walkthrough then I can quickly add the gallery section and start to send it off.

Most modders are now apart of my Team :cool: where we all have mutual respect for each other and rather than compete on games if 2 modders want to do a mod for a game we organise a joint project. Scrappy is the only long time modder that has yet to join :unsure:

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
2020/10/03: Updated Mod, 0.4.1c

Change Log:
  • Updated Walkthrough to 0.4.1c - Credit: ditty00
  • Added Mod Options - Credit: ditty00
  • Updated Scene Gallery to 0.4.1c - Credit: OscarSix
  • Added Gallery Unlocker - Credit: OscarSix
  • Added Named Saves - Credit: OscarSix
  • Added Auto Update Checker - Credit: OscarSix