3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

Ayam85

Sep 10, 2019
The development team broke up in 2018 and this game stay abandoned since then. The lead artist currently involved in Pizza Hot which has similar gameplay to this game.

Humalien

Mar 10, 2018
The entire 'Legend of Krystal' brand seems cursed. Over the lifespan of Flash games, there have been about 10 different games from various creators... none of them have been completed. It's a shame because both the character and the world are quite interesting.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
Is poor Krystal EVER going to get a finished game?
Well, I do remember exactly one ever finished game; it's a relatively small game made via Flash, and even it feels that at the last stages of development, it was rushed to "beat the curse" and not abandon yet another game.

It was on Newgrounds and old Legend of Crystal forum, but Newgrounds version was broken due to incompability with neither their own player nor Ruffle (people complain that it can't be played past certain point). I can't remember whether I downloaded it or not, but can check if needed.

Reactions: PuckElf

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
The game is being worked on supposedly, and we see a lot of art for backgrounds, h-scenes and animations and whatnot, and they have their own launcher now to distribute the game. But from what I heard the versions that are out are just now getting "up to date" on this abandoned version here when it comes to the storyline. So there is not really much worth playing yet for people who are not paying, and even for people who are paying its kind of meh. So give it another 5 years (lmao) and maybe the game is 50% finished.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
The game is being worked on supposedly, and we see a lot of art for backgrounds, h-scenes and animations and whatnot, and they have their own launcher now to distribute the game. But from what I heard the versions that are out are just now getting "up to date" on this abandoned version here when it comes to the storyline. So there is not really much worth playing yet for people who are not paying, and even for people who are paying its kind of meh. So give it another 5 years (lmao) and maybe the game is 50% finished.
In case anybody is interested in the "relaunched" version and wants some info on it. Like I said I think you need to download their private launcher in order to get a demo tho.

F95 Zone thread

Humalien

Mar 10, 2018
In case anybody is interested in the "relaunched" version and wants some info on it. Like I said I think you need to download their private launcher in order to get a demo tho.

F95 Zone thread
"I mean jokes aside, I for one would be happy if this game got significant content finally, because it would mean that it wasn't a complete scam / a complete failure, despite all the years that some people no doubt have been frustrated as hell and felt like they wasted their money."

In short, it's probably another scam.
They've been working on this for 4 years, and the game has no content beyond walking and a few dialogues. In the meantime, they've changed game engines, from Unreal Engine to updates for Unity, etc. They come out with updates every 4 years, so they’ll keep resetting engines periodically, and the game may never actually be released...

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
"I mean jokes aside, I for one would be happy if this game got significant content finally, because it would mean that it wasn't a complete scam / a complete failure, despite all the years that some people no doubt have been frustrated as hell and felt like they wasted their money."

In short, it's probably another scam.
They've been working on this for 4 years, and the game has no content beyond walking and a few dialogues. In the meantime, they've changed game engines, from Unreal Engine to updates for Unity, etc. They come out with updates every 4 years, so they’ll keep resetting engines periodically, and the game may never actually be released...
I genuinely believe that it is not malicious and they themselves do not believe it is a scam. However I do not know in which deluded reality they live that they do not feel bad about how they are still collecting money after probably a cumulative 7+ years and have little to nothing to show for except pretty art being shared.

Reactions: Humalien
3.60 star(s) 32 Votes