obibobi

May 10, 2017
I don't know why Gabe focus so much in those extra stuff that no one cares about instead of progressing the story.
When the story is finished the Patreon money stops. I followed this game at the start, I really liked the idea but disliked the execution in how they handle the sex scenes.

I do not trust the creator of this game.

hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
how do you get this game to play? there is no exe or nothing to launch it with in the folder it comes in.

COOL_CAT

Jul 4, 2017
Not much in the new update, at least Gabe is working in the main game instead of pointless things.

fshstck

Oct 2, 2017
yeah it was released a few hours ago

hopefully someone will be nice enough to give us a x-mas present too :p

fshstck

Oct 2, 2017
Anyone had any luck finding where kythie wanders off to?
no clue, probably a bug

only story progression seems to be 2 cutscenes in Odidania

still can't progress past the same point from 2.06

anyone find the mini-scene?

Loopy

Jul 25, 2017
Is Gabe even reasonable and reacts in a proper way to useful critique or does she go full Jasonafex and bans everyone brave enough to question her decisions?
Old-ish question, but it's sort of in-between. I've never seen Gabe ban someone outright just for criticism, but it isn't met well either. A good amount of criticism came up about the Patreon drag increasing development time beyond even the sort of slow standard set with 2, and the defense was an entire blog post dissembling about how much was done and how different the games are.

It should still be on the blog. The big issue with it was that it pretended 2 was a single game that took about three years (instead of being released in a few episodes exactly like this game) and that each episode of Origins is somehow equivalent to the entirety of 2. Basically saying, "look, I put out 2-ish things in the time it took me to do 1 before, so shut up." This all ignores that work on this game began in late 2013 based on blog posts, and one episode per year with three episodes was the expected timeline.

The blog is sort of a hug-box generally. And if you criticize the game here, chances are one of the readers there will see it and relay it to Gabe, and they'll have a nice discussion about what a fucker you are. I posted on ULMF about how the game uses stock assets, reuses assets, and keeps issues from previous iterations because Gabe can't seem to be bothered updating his toolset. That got cross-posted to the blog, and they had a little chat. Gabe quietly tried to fix one of the issues I brought up (tried), and banned me from ever giving him money on Patreon because I posted a link in the same ULMF thread to where someone had reuploaded the then-current beta.

So, long story short, questioning his creative vision or decision-making probably won't go over too well, unless you have the patience to do it so gently it barely looks like criticism.

akon

May 21, 2017
As appears there no one else has this problem, i suppose is on my end only. Downloaded twice from Nopy the last file. Decompressed, no problems. Every time i try to start the game i get in the main screen, new game, load game...But as i click new game appears a message saying for example SE/000-System01. is missing. Now that is over, but changhed to Graphics/xxxxxx is missing. I see i dont have any graphics folder at all at any case. Is there any fix to this around?

Rattatonga

Nov 8, 2017
Anyone has an Idea of how to get Mhu'tiki as party member? Now I know she joines as "playable" member after she "returns from her task" (as gabe put in the "new version" file) but I'm past that already.

fshstck

Oct 2, 2017
Anyone has an Idea of how to get Mhu'tiki as party member? Now I know she joines as "playable" member after she "returns from her task" (as gabe put in the "new version" file) but I'm past that already.
she auto-joined for me

I didn't have to do anything

my save was up to Odidania arc though

3.70 star(s) 74 Votes