Arcana Nornet

Feb 18, 2018
Some things I noticed:
-The new enemy in the Accursed Temple is called "Sin Head" in battle and in the Journal's Bestiary; however, in the Encyclopedia's Achievements for the titles of "Slayer" and "Vanquisher," they are referred to as "Devourer."
-You can challenge the Farah champion at the Desert Checkpoint after completing the set with the new cards in Bergville.

Reactions: azraelswegul

VampireNoir

Dec 4, 2017
Never having played this game, should I play the previous ones before?
Actually this is supposed to be the prequel. But seeing as the other two have been finished for years now I recommend you go ahead and play them until this gets completed which is going to be a long time.

Reactions: juanito

Soapy67

Dec 29, 2020
Actually this is supposed to be the prequel. But seeing as the other two have been finished for years now I recommend you go ahead and play them until this gets completed which is going to be a long time.
I think this is a prequel
This is not a prequel. This is a direct sequel to the previous two games. Some time travel/parallel dimensions/etc shenanigans may have a place in the plotline due to existence of young Farah and mature Farah from the first two games in the same time and place, but it is still completely unexplained in the lore by now.

But this game is pretty much standalone. You don't really need to know anything about the first 2 games to play this one.

Reactions: juanito

Deleted member 361485

Jan 4, 2018
Are there H scenes for losing any battles? And if so is there a list? I know there were a very small number in the previous 2 games.

Also how the hell did I get to the highland inn (early part of the game) and i haven't run into Gabriel and the Werewuffie scene?

Last edited:

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
when she came to your camp after the prison break i think the choice you pick helps then i forget if it has to be day are night but if you here a gun shot back track through cave t brige going up.

Deleted member 361485

Jan 4, 2018
when she came to your camp after the prison break i think the choice you pick helps then i forget if it has to be day are night but if you here a gun shot back track through cave t brige going up.
Yah I remember hearing the shot when i played it last but this time I don't and we don't meet her :/

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
I think this is a prequel, so it's fine to play first? But also, then you'll probanly notice a drop in quality if you go back to LoQO1 afterwards.
Someone answered this already, but Origin, despite the misleading name, is NOT a prequel. The game's main story takes place chronologically after the events of LoQO 1 and then LoQO 2. The first one largely doesn't matter though, as nothing really important happens in it.
Completely different protagonist each game. The ones from 1 and 2 don't make an appearance and their fate is largely unknown. They are canon though.
Events from LoQO 2 are directly referenced a couple of times in Origin. LoQO 2 also started some plots in motion right at its end/epilogue that were deliberately unfinished, and Origin is still supposed to tie them up. So far, outside of the references, it hasn't even started doing that.

As for "quality", all the games are made in RPGMaker XP (engine from 2005 that the dev stubbornly refuses to move on from), using mostly its generic graphical/audio assets. The core gameplay/combat is about as generic turn-based RPG as it gets. You stack stats/buffs and spam your strongest attack in every fight. Incredibly boring grind in every game.
Origin has its own original soundtrack and utilizes way more scripting than the previous games though. Take all that as you will.

Reactions: nyqz

fshstck

Oct 2, 2017
The core gameplay/combat is about as generic turn-based RPG as it gets. You stack stats/buffs and spam your strongest attack in every fight. Incredibly boring grind in every game.
I hardly ever use special attacks

just buff up physical attack and use normal attacks and make sure your lineup has the highest grade equipment you can muster per beta

Reactions: DarkLizerd
3.70 star(s) 74 Votes