redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Myself, I only care about new sex scene no matter who is in it.

That and curing Kythe.

Ld.Pentaghast

Sep 1, 2017
I just don't understand this at all, there's a few scenes that add literally nothing to the story, that have nothing to do with the main character. But its ok because it's not the main character? So as long as its not the main character, scenes that are irrelevant to the story are fine, but if it involves the main character then its not? There's honestly so many ways to involve the main character into scenes that progress the story. Whether it be or just side quests for the females leads that ultimately end in a scene. I just find this entire statement outrageous, and I don't even care too much about the whole MC involvement thing.
I did not know that there was this much dissent over the CGs, I knew there were some arguments here and there, but I always assumed it was a vocal minority.

One thing that I feel that wastes time and effort on the production of this game is the type of art for the CGs. I don't know how much money Gabe spends to order those, but as far as I know that can be hella expensive. I think, for one, that she should reduce the CGs Artstyle down to three instead of five (I think most of the players play with the third one, by SethXZoe, if I'm not mistaken). That would be some reduction on the cost and time to produce the game, time which could be used to try and figure it out how to add more CGs involving the MC.

This is the first LoQO game that I played, but from what I read out of the threads of the other games as well from the thread of this one is that the MC of the game usually gets the short end of the stick when it comes to having sex with the female characters and party members. From what I could understand, the trouble around MC involvement in the scenes is something that has been carried from the other games as well.

The thing about MC is that we want to cause and experience the action, we need to be the active pole, if you put the MC to watch as some passive bystander for most of the game that kind of beats the point of having a MC at all. Not saying that watching is bad, it is totally understandable, especially for the things happening outside from the story of the MC group. The ratio Gabe should be aiming for is:

- 60% - 66% of the available CG does involve the MC;
- 40% - 33% of the available CG does not involve the MC;

The fact is, the MC is not involved in half of the currently available CG released with the game. As I have said before this beats the point of having a MC, especially one who takes the charge, like the ones from this series of games. As long as the ratio of CG with the involvement of the MC does not rise above 50%, flak will stil be incoming towards Gabe.

As how to involve the MC more in the scenes, one way to do it is to substitute the sprites from the tent interaction with some CG, doing this would kill two birds with one stone, seen as it involves more CG with the MC and removes the pixelated sprites (which is awkward to jerk it to). Make the MC be able to spend money in the brothel in exchange for some action. Make the women reward the MC when he saves them and/or part of the quest is finished, as has been suggested before.

I know that Gabe is concerned about the story of the game, but she need to get through her head that scenes that do nothing for the story (like Kythie/Horse BJ) are more tolerable to watch when the players are involved in them.

This is Gabe's third game on this series, so I have faith that she'll figure out ways to involve the MC more in the scenes, as long as she is willing to give thought to the suggestions given by the community.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I did not know that there was this much dissent over the CGs, I knew there were some arguments here and there, but I always assumed it was a vocal minority.

One thing that I feel that wastes time and effort on the production of this game is the type of art for the CGs. I don't know how much money Gabe spends to order those, but as far as I know that can be hella expensive. I think, for one, that she should reduce the CGs Artstyle down to three instead of five (I think most of the players play with the third one, by SethXZoe, if I'm not mistaken). That would be some reduction on the cost and time to produce the game, time which could be used to try and figure it out how to add more CGs involving the MC.

This is the first LoQO game that I played, but from what I read out of the threads of the other games as well from the thread of this one is that the MC of the game usually gets the short end of the stick when it comes to having sex with the female characters and party members. From what I could understand, the trouble around MC involvement in the scenes is something that has been carried from the other games as well.

The thing about MC is that we want to cause and experience the action, we need to be the active pole, if you put the MC to watch as some passive bystander for most of the game that kind of beats the point of having a MC at all. Not saying that watching is bad, it is totally understandable, especially for the things happening outside from the story of the MC group. The ratio Gabe should be aiming for is:

- 60% - 66% of the available CG does involve the MC;
- 40% - 33% of the available CG does not involve the MC;

The fact is, the MC is not involved in half of the currently available CG released with the game. As I have said before this beats the point of having a MC, especially one who takes the charge, like the ones from this series of games. As long as the ratio of CG with the involvement of the MC does not rise above 50%, flak will stil be incoming towards Gabe.

As how to involve the MC more in the scenes, one way to do it is to substitute the sprites from the tent interaction with some CG, doing this would kill two birds with one stone, seen as it involves more CG with the MC and removes the pixelated sprites (which is awkward to jerk it to). Make the MC be able to spend money in the brothel in exchange for some action. Make the women reward the MC when he saves them and/or part of the quest is finished, as has been suggested before.

I know that Gabe is concerned about the story of the game, but she need to get through her head that scenes that do nothing for the story (like Kythie/Horse BJ) are more tolerable to watch when the players are involved in them.

This is Gabe's third game on this series, so I have faith that she'll figure out ways to involve the MC more in the scenes, as long as she is willing to give thought to the suggestions given by the community.
Obviously Gabe has different ideals and expectations for this game then her supporters. She had a poll on Patreon about this whole issue and the side for more MC involvement won. I feel like she is having an extremely hard time trying to make these changes, and not only that but take criticism. What I don't think she understands is that she doesn't have to change the story to appease the majority of these people. She could come out and simply say after she finishes the story for episode 3 or heck, even 4, she'll come back and give every female lead 2-3 scenes and patch up the holes where their obviously should be scenes, oh and some random scenes. I think this is the easiest route to make both parties happy. I mean personally I don't care whether she walks this 50-50 tightrope, I'm more like Redknight and I just want more content doesnt really matter who or what (I like my werewolf tho). I do think this war needs to end though, it's not good for anyone.

hellclock5243

Jul 5, 2017
Just curious, is there a Masquerade with teddy bear scene for the Western version? I can't find the image even when I rip the assets from the game, even though it shows a gallery thumbnail in the extract folder. Thanks for any help...

nrop111

Mar 19, 2018
why there's a missing file called 002 system in the audio's file ?????? i don't know where can i get it

joukonen

Jan 1, 2018
If she likes seeing women with giant tits being fucked by random animals, monsters and furries then why is the MC male in the first place? It would make a lot more sense for Opala to be the MC and the games being about her misadventures (getting gangbanged by werewolves every other screen or something like that), if that was her fetish.

I suppose the point I am arriving at is that she isn't going to forget the MC getting scenes with the girls, because if she didn't care, then why would she even design the game like this?

Almantus

Dec 1, 2017
Speaking about breasts, thats for me really a downside in Opala 3. They are so big sometimes it's so ridiculous not even beautiful anymore. For me at least. Sometimes less is more.

I think we're at least 2 or 3 years off this getting anywhere near finished at this speed, I don't think any of us would live to see 4 completed.
maybe i can play it when im also already in pension with a lot of free time
Notice to me, put ep 4 to the list of things i want to do before i die :D

So or so ep 4 comes first that will roughly take another 2 years when ep 3 is finished.

Like is said, it not that bad meant, but for me it clearly shows how the progress in game development has slowed down since opala 3 has started.

Radio4ctive

Jul 5, 2017
This update is a big disappointment, I guess it's a time to wait until full realase
(maybe in 2 - 3 years...) And play some more worth games.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Iirc the game will be finished this year.
There is no way shes finishing episode 3 and 4 this year. Its impossible. I can see her finishing Episode 3 this year, and episode 4 by the end of next.

EfreetKai

Jun 17, 2018
Sorry if this has already been asked but what order do you play these games in? Do I start with origins?

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Sorry if this has already been asked but what order do you play these games in? Do I start with origins?
No, 1, 2 then Origins.

This is the 3rd despite the name although it is Farah's origin in a way thanks to time travel fuckery.

This game directly follows on from 2 as in events that happened in the second game are still ongoing and knock on to this game with some characters turning up.

Reactions: Netori Popeye
3.70 star(s) 74 Votes