megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
megalol I have uploaded what I believe to be almost all the webp image files from the game(missing a few one off images, but all the animation images appear to be present). Hopefully this contains what you're missing.

Workupload
Thanks, I'll check later (internet problems now) but are sure that anything is missing (did u got errors?) in my release coz nobody complain yet and I'm pretty sure that with my "download method" all files should be in its place?

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
megalol Is there a unity version for curt maddox?
The renpy version doesn't play very well for some reason,I guess they should stick to the game engine they know how to use properly.
No, there aren't - looks like they've switched to RenPy at least for new games. U can try press Shift+G several times right after started .exe and change renderer but not sure if it would help u... If there would be official offline version maybe it would work better for u then.

Reactions: Knight of the Dawn

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
View attachment 2212932
Curt Maddox
not tested much, if u want gallery unlock then ask "CMX-0.1-pc/game/saves/persistent" file from those who fully completed the game coz I dunno how to make it for RenPy version yet same way (without actually playing the game) how I did for Unity.
Upd:
made partitial (not all scenes, could break the game) unlocker based on this (extract to "CMX-0.1-pc/game/), mirror CMX_gal_unlocker.7z.
Win/Lin version (1.8 Gb): CMX-0.1-pc.zip CMX-0.1-pc.zip
Compressed (80% images quality) Win/Lin version (1 Gb): CMX-0.1-pc.7z CMX-0.1-pc.7z
Mac (not tested at all, use at ur own risk! 1.8 Gb): CMX-0.1-mac.zip CMX-0.1-mac.zip
thanks a ton! was a blast to play! Only let down was finding out
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
haha, still a lot of great scenes.

Seeing an LOP game in renpy, to me, really reinforces how they always seem to have this 'polish' not found in other games on this site - yeah some of the renders might have small errors, but overall, they feel more like you're playing a "commercial game" than someone's backyard project, i dunno, maybe its the music or game pacing or overall production. It's like the difference between hearing a garage band and a studio engineered track; yeah the garage guitarist might be better at shredding solos, but it lacks that cohesive gloss that brings it together.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Seeing an LOP game in renpy,
Pretty sure LoP does not make any of their games using RenPy. They would not be able to implement all their stupid security measures if they did. :unsure:
I think that level of polish comes mostly from Unity right? I have seen a few Devs who use that and exceed LoP games in terms of visual and audio quality.

dioregul

Oct 17, 2017
Pretty sure LoP does not make any of their games using RenPy. They would not be able to implement all their stupid security measures if they did. :unsure:
Two their last games were made in RenPy: "Adrianne and Oliver" and "Curt Maddox". And it seems devs like the engine.

Reactions: Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Two their last games were made in RenPy: "Adrianne and Oliver" and "Curt Maddox". And it seems devs like the engine.
Well, that's good to know, maybe there is hope for them yet. ;)
Do they still make you play online, or with a browser? Seems like that would be tricky to pull off with RenPy. :unsure:

dioregul

Oct 17, 2017
Well, that's good to know, maybe there is hope for them yet. ;)
Do they still make you play online, or with a browser? Seems like that would be tricky to pull off with RenPy. :unsure:
First version online only, month later they usually releasing game on Steam as regular app. But thanx to Megalol's releses we can play 'online only' version much earlier.

TheH

Aug 28, 2017
I get stuck with CMX on the following tasks

Christina Help her to slove the Problem with the Ringo
Sue Check is there os a way to peruade Christina...

can anyone help or is there one walkthrough

Thanks

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
my comment at seeing an LOP game in renpy meant -thats NOT the norm, usually I see them as writing purely html5 games or flash.

I know what you mean with unity games feeling more polished, albeit clunky, but I think its more that renpy has a lower entry gate of knowledge, so you get more crap for the masses. Curt Maddox's interface is all in renpy, and IMO looks very slick (especially the little icons across top for quest items)

speaking of which, WHERE IN THE BLUE FUK is the last crucifix? Has anyone found all of these? I've the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I could be wrong, but I don't think those 2 trigger automatically - someone correct me if so..... for ringo, nothing happens until you pick the last dialogue option with mayors daughter about running away. With Sue, you can never convince the mayor, eventually after the Riri ->coming back to town conversation with mayor, youll ask sue about tournament again, she'll send you back to mayor, mayor will okay Riri plan eventually and turn down Sue eventually, this leads to saloon 'kidnapping'...

Brontozaurio

Nov 11, 2017
I get stuck with CMX on the following tasks

No idea about the second, I couldn't find a way.
The first is the last mission of the game, you can ask help to either Riri, Lori's father, the nun or the shopkeeper and all lead to their own endings...also you can go by yourself and it leads to another ending... a bad one

Reactions: Jones00

Brontozaurio

Nov 11, 2017
IMMO I rather see their new games in Renpy...you can save anywhere, before the main decisions, you can roll down if you don't like the outcome, in short CMX took me far less time than any other LOP games as I didn't need to replay the whole game just to choose a different answer...I got 4 finals in less than a minute after getting the main one

vincentxxx

Mar 18, 2019
Help please! In Curt Maddox how can I get 3rd letter for Riri. I've heard it's in a TRAIN STATION. but how can I get there?

zanetti100

Oct 17, 2017
Help please! In Curt Maddox how can I get 3rd letter for Riri. I've heard it's in a TRAIN STATION. but how can I get there?
If you follow Riri's questline, she'll ask you to bring her a parrot from the train station. At that point in the quest, you can visit the area. And the letter/picture will be close to the right side, near the tracks if im not mistaken.

Reactions: vincentxxx
4.90 star(s) 15 Votes