• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Lessons in Love Progress and Guide Mod [v0.40.0] [cckerberos]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Hi, I have everything up-to-date and the mod works great and all, but the only thing that seems to not work for me is turning off "Show happy event hints."

I thought maybe just the current happy event I had would stay there until I completed it and then it wouldn't show any hints for happy events from then onー but now it is showing the next happy event hint with the setting still set to off. Of course, I've tried to switch it on/off multiple times and I've tried restarting but neither fixed it.

Anyone know exactly what issue I'm having here? Or any possible things I could try to fix this? (I also have the dark menu mod if that changes anything.)
I uploaded a new version of the mod that should fix this for you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xNezzen

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I can't recall if this was included in the original 0.34.0 mod, but this new version also includes a fix for the 16/17 Happy Event counter on the Progress Screen.

If you aren't interested in hiding hints for happy events (or bothered by the counter), there's no reason to download it.

Reactions: Shiyaromi

Tarpenz

Nov 5, 2019
i'm having some trouble with the hints right after the stray cat main event i got an error don't have the log from it any more but the buttons on the bottom screen gone here is my save file if it's needed

Last edited:

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
i'm having some trouble with the hints right after the stray cat main event i got an error don't have the log from it any more but the buttons on the bottom screen gone here is my save file if it's needed
The buttons on the bottom of the screen disappearing is a bug in the game itself. There's probably a solution in the main LiL thread.

Reactions: Tarpenz

gamenok

Aug 4, 2019
Current version of the game doesn't seem to work without the mod if you have used the mod in the save.
Using the older version for 0.34 fixed it though.
I don't recall this being an issue earlier, so I just thought I would let you know.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Current version of the game doesn't seem to work without the mod if you have used the mod in the save.
Using the older version for 0.34 fixed it though.
I don't recall this being an issue earlier, so I just thought I would let you know.
Yes, I was also unaware of this until fairly recently, but there doesn't seem to be any way to avoid it based on how renpy saves work. Having any older version of the mod installed should fix it.

Aslor

Mar 18, 2023
0.35 is available for everyone else now so the update to the guide mod should be out soon me thinks.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
0.35.0 has not been released to the public yet. It's still locked behind a paywall on the Subscribestar page and he has made no announcement that it's public on his Discord.

Aslor

Mar 18, 2023
0.35.0 has not been released to the public yet. It's still locked behind a paywall on the Subscribestar page and he has made no announcement that it's public on his Discord.
Oh my bad. I saw that 0.35 was available here and figured that meant it was available for free at this point.

Nov 7, 2023
Okay. so .. I think the guide/hints system is missing an (!) for Chika's and Futaba's Lust, before starting the "There Is Nothing" event chain? At least, I only just found out about this after going over the wiki, and I've followed the mod hints all the way. Loading up an older save, definitely doesn't show anything relating to that Lust parameter.

These events are missed with lust below 10.
and

Edit: Sorry to the mod who has to approve this. I forgot about the link/post thing, and didn't think editing would trigger a new one.

Last edited:

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
So, the hints system for those two events was working properly. Which is to say, because those two events are from Chapter 2, their hints only become visible once you've begun that chapter. I agree that this isn't very helpful, since you need to meet their requirements in Chapter 1. It isn't a simple fix, however. I've completely rewritten the hint page code to allow these two events' hints to be viewed in Chapter 1, but there won't be any ! indicating them on the Progress screen.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes