Aug 20, 2021
I hate Selly for creating such a good game that makes me literally look at almost every VN game and my games on Stem and think "It's not even close to LIL or I wish I was playing LIL right now" but does anyone else feel that way?

And regarding the true end of LIL after the pure routes, what do you genuinely think it will be? I've seen theories that Akira is in a coma, virtual reality, a world of madness, purgatory, theories that only Akira and Maya truly exist.
I’ve been modding Doki Doki Literature Club while waiting for the next update. Not sure if you’ve played the base game or not, but just in case you haven’t, it’s… a trip. Highly recommend playing it without spoilers. Plus the game’s free.

I can’t say definitively or not, but I think a lot of aspects of DDLC have inspired LiL too. Hell, Maya and Monika even share some similarities when it comes down to it. (If you know, you know.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
I hate Selly for creating such a good game that makes me literally look at almost every VN game and my games on Stem and think "It's not even close to LIL or I wish I was playing LIL right now" but does anyone else feel that way?

And regarding the true end of LIL after the pure routes, what do you genuinely think it will be? I've seen theories that Akira is in a coma, virtual reality, a world of madness, purgatory, theories that only Akira and Maya truly exist.
None of this is likely; I'll merely say the nature of the endings I'd enjoy.

Pure endings:
Akira gets his happy ending with the respective girl. For each girl, he sorts all their issues with him, or he gets close to that. He becomes devoted. The others forget about him (their relationship, not his existence or friendship) except Maya and Niki, who, against all odds, manage to move on.

Ami gets fixed somehow in all routes that aren't hers. For the good uncles out there, Ami's pure route will be basically the process of Akira becoming a
good uncle. They will find happiness as an entirely regular family. Bad Uncle Pure Route Akira will still fuck his niece; that slight (!?) issue aside, he will be an excellent uncle overall.

The wizards get a time skip (Akira invariably will be a stay-at-home dad/husband since Tsukasa and Chinami will be rich. He's a lazy dude.) In Yumi and Yuki's routes, he becomes badass and beats up Yumi's dad, taking over his underground empire.

True ending:
Impossible to tell, but essentially, the following aspects should be covered:
Lore is made clear.
The loops will have ended. The Kumon-mi bubble will have burst. Honestly, I doubt the name of the city they're in is Kumon-mi. Likely the current world/dimension/paradigm/gods, whoever calls the shots, is fucking with its name.

Akira will have atoned for his sins. This may result in his death.

All characters will have had good development, become more resilient, having made headway in dealing with their issues. They become better people overall. Neither Akira nor Haruka have their safety guaranteed. Tsubasa depends.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
So I don't get disappointed I'm just expecting it to devolve into something along the lines of the original Evangelion broadcast ending. Complete with placeholder storyboard sketches and missing visuals resulting from his koikatsu install corrupting.

Also i'm still waiting for the name you give the robot will be used for something. But I suppose he will just use it as a reset puzzle answer in a few more years to filter everyone that forgot what they put in. Then subsequently include a 2000 word rant about everyone that used a save editor to figure out what they named the robot.

Last edited:

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
By the way, I have an important question: Sana likes violence and Ayane likes to beat people. Is it the reason they are friends?

View attachment 3495298

Upd: I wonder if Sana masturbated to Ayane? Does she have footages of janitors deaths?
Not an answer to your question, but I think the pink haired vegan (sorry her name genuinely slipped from my mind as I write this) was also into the same thing as Sana with something about finding being threatened with a knife to her throat hot while Kirin found it disturbing?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Not an answer to your question, but I think the pink haired vegan (sorry her name genuinely slipped from my mind as I write this) was also into the same thing as Sana with something about finding being threatened with a knife to her throat hot while Kirin found it disturbing?
Noriko seems down with being threatened by Sensei:
But, that's not really what Sana is into.

Sana seems to simply be into rape or at least actual abuse:

Actual rape, seemed to be where even Noriko might draw the line with Sensei:
To Noriko, Sensei probably doesn't seem capable of actually hurting someone, so the threat thing is just a kink.

To Sana, it doesn't really seem to matter who's involved or why. It seems more like a fetish, as in she might need it to get off most of the time. Noriko's fetish on the other hand, is apparently just Sensei.

This does remind me, though. Noriko technically knows about the Yumi kiss, but doesn't actually know it was about Yumi, yet. Might be something that comes up.

Last edited:

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Norkio is a semi-psychopath and it is kinda normal for them. At least it works so for some of my friends.

Such things are actualy kinky if you are incapable of being afraid

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
Welp… That April Fools joke gave me a mini heart attack! Especially since it isn’t April 1st yet in my time zone. Well played, F95… :LOL:

Dude, I opened the tab and just thought "oh my fucking god...".
How do I keep getting tricked every year on every website?

corsair101

Apr 27, 2021
Welp… That April Fools joke gave me a mini heart attack! Especially since it isn’t April 1st yet in my time zone. Well played, F95… :LOL:

See, this is why I prefer to just hide under a rock until the 2nd. The entire internet just gets annoying as holy hell on April Fool's.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Just disregard everything that seems very unlikely for a day and you are golden. It is not that hart. So no need to hide under a rock. Well except that is just part of your lifestyle, in that case more power to you.

Reactions: corsair101

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
When I read that I froze for 5 minutes mainly because here in my time it's still 31 so I wouldn't feel the joke, but I'm glad it was because I was so fucking scared that it was real.

Reactions: DeSkel15
May 25, 2022
Just disregard everything that seems very unlikely for a day and you are golden. It is not that hart. So no need to hide under a rock. Well except that is just part of your lifestyle, in that case more power to you.
Guessing I should disregard that message from the Nigerian heiress who wants no one but me for the rest of her life then.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes