worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
And in doing so, you would start a wave of enforcement that would go after much more than LiL, possibly leading to the aforementioned mass exodus and even further loss of other games. Going after some perceived violation is not as simple as it sounds, there is a lot to consider and it is no place for a vendetta hit suffering from tunnel vision against a single game. That said, at best, you would likely only succeed in annual pass, the other two are fine with fiction.
I think discord is doable too. I've got some time off coming up. Let me see where I get. Not sure if it's *my* report that got it kicked off patreon, but timing was pretty close.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I think discord is doable too. I've got some time off coming up. Let me see where I get. Not sure if it's *my* report that got it kicked off patreon, but timing was pretty close.
I'm on the fence with retaliating to this degree, previously i was happy to troll Selly hard and enjoy his tantrums and if the DRM was just like a message calling you a disgusting pirate or if the game locked up and refused to play and that was all i'd still feel the same but since he tried to fuck people over and possibly even fucked a few of his own paying subscribers i now sit here on this fence, uninterested in trolling even harder but at the same time, completely not judging anyone who does so if trying to get him kicked off of certain platforms is what you want to do peon, you won't find me condemning you. Dude's a dipshit who invites his own issues into his house and deserves no empathy from me.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
Honestly my biggest concern would be getting doxed by Sel and/or his rabid fanbase. I don't think I've posted anything too identifiable with this alias, and even whenever I pay for any of this sort of shit, I use an anonymized credit card and email. But it is a risk.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

TheLarceny

Apr 26, 2022
Sometimes, you have to let go and allow time to pass. If we continue like this, we won't be any different from sel.
The only joy of my days these days is playing the updates of Lil. I don't want anything to ruin it, neither selly nor anything else, because having this game and its story is better than not having it.
And of cource, u can just disagree with me and do whatever u want

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
If Sel still lurks around this forum, I want him to know that I think this game is incredible and I have supported the game in the past for YEARS, but I have stopped my support due to his combative behavior.

I get that he is really upset with the pirates, but man, the more you try to do shit, you're just gonna aggravate them and encourage leakers more and more. I feel like there's a non-insignificant amount of people that would re-support you if you just took a step back and carried on, like Caribdis does with his game and leaks (as an example).

I want to support you but the way you're going about this just turns me off from doing so
I definitely understand what you are saying. I'm considering whether I want to continue supporting or move that support to another developer.

Icez2567

May 14, 2021
What happened with Yumi and Tsuneyo after reset? Did they forget everything about cycle two months gap amusement park? Sensei still has promised with Tsuneyo but there no more Tsuneyo event in further. That so sad.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I don't know what they were thinking trying to implemt their "drm" the way they did.
Maybe it was a onetime thing to have some fun?
But if someone wanted to be a real asshole... Personally i'd shut the backend service down for a better solution.
Read some subscribers had their saves "wiped" and if they weren't lying, i don't think thats intended behavior.

And if the creator of said service reads this.
I don't know what you did to insert the custom chunk into the png but, it's crc seems wrong and your IEnd seems broken too.
Maybe there is a reason for it which eludes me. The png works in a couple of programs, others not.
Guess it depends if said program cares for custom/IEnd chunks.

Jul 22, 2019
The more you say no one wants to do it, the more I'm motivated to try getting him booted off his platforms. A challenge is fun in and of itself. Probably wouldn't be a bad thing to take platforms away from a pedophile anyway.
This is incredibly lame man, not gonna lie. Sel is an idiot, but fucking with someones livelihood for no real reason is just not cool. Even less so when the motivation is just some weird contrarian spite.

Surely you can find a less sad way to waste time, or at least a less useless internet crusade.

spam24601

Nov 14, 2017
This is incredibly lame man, not gonna lie. Sel is an idiot, but fucking with someones livelihood for no real reason is just not cool. Even less so when the motivation is just some weird contrarian spite.

Surely you can find a less sad way to waste time, or at least a less useless internet crusade.
Aside from the moralist angle, there's also just literally zero gain from doing this. Presently, everything works out brilliantly in favor of pirates, hence Sel's continual butthurt over it. Why rock the boat when you're winning? Continuing as things are now obviously frustrates Sel to no end (if that is your goal) and also gets you a free VN to play every now and then.

Lum-graf

May 4, 2022
You only have to worry about it if you installed the leaked care packages.

And all you have to do to bypass it is to either delete the code block starting at line 418 in gui.rpy, or to replace the one in your game directory with this one. Make sure to rename it to gui.rpy after you download.

Otherwise all your saves and the script.rpy file will get deleted.
how does the download work? the link keeps opening a webpage instead of downloading for me

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
this saves it as a webpage, is that okay? I've effectively bricked the game worse in this process so far
you save it, drag and drop OR copy paste it out of your download page into the game files
if it tries opening the file instead of downloading it, click and drag it directly to your game files/download library and it will start downloading

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes